Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'll eventually see more from Hot Toys, including an Old Snake, but I hope they give the original MGS some love and do a Shadow Moses Solid Snake sooner rather than later (that'd be my grail that I would buy multiples of and... EVEN ONE TO FLIP :D).

MGS2 Snake deserves a lot of love (since Shadow Moses is in PAK, eh?) but still MGS4 Old Snake suit is cool enough to have a Hot Toys treatment :3
So I think I might save money for that day and pass on any medicom deal, eh? (With those prices I can buy 2 Jokers 2.0 lol)

EDIT: Oh and all this thing with Old Snake is because Im replaying MGS4 (Platinum quest hehe) and started to like the suit more now

That's a awesome setup dude! I see you made it game accurate and painted the nose light :clap

How did you get the left hip stabilizer off? Do you know if the left support strut's back portion comes off? It feels loose like you can pull it off but I'm not quite sure how it's linked to the hull.
Thanks!
I painted a plastic insert to make the nose light appear accurate, and it's also completely removable!
If by hip stabilizer you mean that armored panel that hangs on the side of the leg, I turned the armor slowly back and forth while applying firm, steady pressure to pull it off at the ball joint.
As far as I remember, I wasn't able to remove any armor from the support struts--if I did I'll have to check back in the morning. It should be noted though that almost all of the armor on the main left leg is removable if carefully pulled out with equal pressure from each side.

Thanks!
I painted a plastic insert to make the nose light appear accurate, and it's also completely removable!
If by hip stabilizer you mean that armored panel that hangs on the side of the leg, I turned the armor slowly back and forth while applying firm, steady pressure to pull it off at the ball joint.
As far as I remember, I wasn't able to remove any armor from the support struts--if I did I'll have to check back in the morning. It should be noted though that almost all of the armor on the main left leg is removable if carefully pulled out with equal pressure from each side.

I'm pretty certain you can since the official MGS4 artwork has a rear shot of the damaged REX and the leg strut on the left is missing a plate.

The hardest armor for me to remove was the Radome housing that the dish connects to that has the little antenna thing sticking out the back :slap

I'm pretty certain you can since the official MGS4 artwork has a rear shot of the damaged REX and the leg strut on the left is missing a plate.

The hardest armor for me to remove was the Radome housing that the dish connects to that has the little antenna thing sticking out the back :slap

I just checked and you can remove all the armor from the leg strut except for the piece that is on the very tip:
YCRLF2l.jpg
YAU2UJE.jpg

I just checked and you can remove all the armor from the leg strut except for the piece that is on the very tip:
YCRLF2l.jpg
YAU2UJE.jpg

Nice! I figured you could do the back but I didn't realize you can do the whole thing. Did you remove your railgun or did you never attach it? I'd like to remove mine but I'm afraid of breaking it.

YCRLF2l.jpg
YAU2UJE.jpg

YCRLF2l.jpg
YAU2UJE.jpg

Nice! I figured you could do the back but I didn't realize you can do the whole thing. Did you remove your railgun or did you never attach it? I'd like to remove mine but I'm afraid of breaking it.

YCRLF2l.jpg
YAU2UJE.jpg

interesting...interesting..

It's really neat that you can disassemble the entire figure and just leave it with its skeletal structure. Did anyone here order multiple REXes? It'd be neat to see the different looks of the figures side-by-side.

Edit: post # 5000! :panic:

I wasn't sure how much of the armor was meant to come off but several minutes of some slow, careful prying and pulling evenly at each edge did the trick. I never attached the railgun because I always planned on having the MGS4 configuration since REX has a worn-down dirty paint job; that, and I'd be afraid of breaking parts trying to remove it.

i figured everyone including me never put the ray figure in any kind of cool pose. kinda just stand it up. i used a cal tek stand and i tried to recreate it coming out of the water and shooting his ray. what do you think?

Last edited:
i figured everyone including me ever put the ray figure in any kind of cool pose. kinda just stand it up. i used a cal tek stand and i tried to recreate it coming out of the water and shooting his ray. what do you think?

Almost makes me regret selling mine! Still knowing there are newer versions coming out (i.e. 3A version) makes me optimistic.

On another note, is there anyone else who wants to see a Revoltech REX and RAY as much as I do??? :pray:

i figured everyone including me ever put the ray figure in any kind of cool pose. kinda just stand it up. i used a cal tek stand and i tried to recreate it coming out of the water and shooting his ray. what do you think?
thats a badarse pose

id like the 3A Ray and do that...

It's really neat that you can disassemble the entire figure and just leave it with its skeletal structure. Did anyone here order multiple REXes? It'd be neat to see the different looks of the figures side-by-side.

Edit: post # 5000! :panic:

4,000! :duff

I haven't been able to put the money together to get 1 of those kits for that Raiden. it's pretty aggravating.

By the way it seems like the new stands don't have a bunch of holes on the base it was kinda cool cuz you could put the mast anywhere you wanted. I sort of like it like that because I can Vinyl the bottom and put my own label on it where is the 1 with the holes you could not do that

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Back