Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite its lack of movement I love that figure. Not getting rid of mine even for that price by the way there's 1 on eBay with the starting bid of 200 dollars right now

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Yeah but the cheapest is like $700! I scouted on Amazon too and it's $750. What do think Solidus? Hyped up due to Rising, or a new benchmark for this figure?

Well, the figure has been pricy for the last several years, but Rising seems to have given it an additional price boost. It'll be interesting to see how this figure fairs if (or when) Hot Toys releases their own version of MGS 4 Raiden. I'd probably want to it off before that ever happens :monkey1.

Thinking of selling mine before it turns to ****. Already got a crack on the rubber suit on his ***, and I've barely touched it! Has sat in the box the majority of the time I've owned it.

they barely put any glue in there. i sealed mine all up. its fine now and looks perfect. yeah they suck but its the best we got for now. when raiden comes out by hot toys im getting 2 if i dont have too many preorders at that time.

Thinking of selling mine before it turns to ****. Already got a crack on the rubber suit on his ***, and I've barely touched it! Has sat in the box the majority of the time I've owned it.

OMG that sounds awful. I think I'll check my figure when I go home, since I've kept it in the box all this time and never displayed it.

Cool, I never knew they made one. Is it in scale with the Metal Gear Rex build a figure?

Yes it is
IMG_5390.jpg

Nice display case dude. What did that set you back? I'm looking to get one made as well.
Cheers

Due to the size and the thickness of the perspex it was $215 but woth it!

Who painted your Koto Rex?

Built and painted by me :)

Agreed. Crap paint jobs too, they look too toyish. When I look at the MGS4 figures now I think to myself, 'wtf was I thinking?' lol.

Repaint them like I did, because the sculpts are actually accurate.

img0298pl.jpg

OMG that sounds awful. I think I'll check my figure when I go home, since I've kept it in the box all this time and never displayed it.

Better do that Solidus, I've read somewhere that Medicoms aren't meant to be kept MISB, as the rubber can be effected staying inside packaging for too long.

Last edited:
Nice job bro, but I got no painting skills, so I wouldn't even bother attempting this lol.

Thanks xpl0sive, but to be frank, it's just more time consuming than actually being hard. I'm no kit basher like Elvis or Jack, this was probably my 3rd repaint job. All you need is several hours (or days) and some patience. I would always encourage anybody owning this figure to give it a try! The difference is night and day.

img02782222.jpg

zoomtoseedetails.jpg

Pre-orders i have for other figures draining my wallet have meant i haven't been able to get the koto rex or the MGSR limited edition with the white raiden yet. :monkey2

For anyone in the UK or europe. There's still the limited edition of Rising with the white PAK raiden over at zavvi.com.
I suggest you buy one now, the figure alone is selling for £100-120 on evilbay.

It's only £99 + p&p for the whole set.

Last edited:
Pre-orders i have for other figures have meant i haven't been able to get the koto rex or the MGSR limited edition with the white raiden yet. :monkey2

For anyone in the UK or europe. There are still the limited edition of Rising with the white PAK raiden. I suggest you buy one now, the figure alone is selling for £100-120.

It's only £99 + p&p for the whole set

I ordered the UK edition last week but the eBay seller still hasn't shipped it yet :gah:

I ordered the UK edition last week but the eBay seller still hasn't shipped it yet :gah:

That's bogus plissken, who's the ebayer?
At least you can revel in the fact you aren't paying out of your a** for it. Did you get the US limited edition?

I have a feeling it's going to be mega expensive to buy off the second hand market for awhile so you were very wise

That's bogus plissken, who's the ebayer?
At least you can revel in the fact you aren't paying out of your a** for it. Did you get the US limited edition?

I have a feeling it's going to be mega expensive to buy off the second hand market for awhile so you were very wise

The guy seems legit, most of his recent feedback is buying the UK limited edition from Zavvi on eBay.

I got the US limited edition too but the lamp is broke and I'm currently trying to get a replacement through Konami.

I sometimes wonder why the all of PAK MGS figures have such huge thighs (with the exception of Jungle Suit Big Boss). It's like they're using the same mold.

I sometimes wonder why the all of PAK MGS figures have such huge thighs (with the exception of Jungle Suit Big Boss). It's like they're using the same mold.

You rang?

samuel_FIX.jpg

I immediately noticed Sam's thunder thighs when I first saw him.

The guy seems legit, most of his recent feedback is buying the UK limited edition from Zavvi on eBay.

I got the US limited edition too but the lamp is broke and I'm currently trying to get a replacement through Konami.

I'd rather purchase all of my gaming stuff through Amazon or Best Buy. Gamestop is such a pain to deal with. Amazon would have at least sent you a replacement lamp free of charge (maybe even an entirely new MGS LE package), and let you keep your old one. Not sucking up to them at all, but their customer service does such awesome stuff at times, it makes me wonder if they're even from Earth :monkey1

Back