Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair is worlds more accurate now Ryan :hi5:

I hope so! It's a great sculpt, and a figure I'd recommend to anyone (the photos don't do it justice), but it was probably painted by a 5 year old. I also had to shorten the eyebrows and used plenty of Twin Snakes photos for reference.

Just realized that my Meryl looks like Christina Hendricks! :lol

So Plissken, let me get this straight, you're gonna sculpt a mini figure for the Rex? WOW! :clap

Last edited:
I hope so! It's a great sculpt, and a figure I'd recommend to anyone (the photos don't do it justice), but it was probably painted by a 5 year old. I also had to shorten the eyebrows and used plenty of Twin Snakes photos for reference.

So Plissken, let me get this straight, you're gonna sculpt a mini figure for the Rex? WOW! :clap

Yes I am. I think I got the right material to work with since "Green Stuff" is used for really small scaled figures.

I also bought some of these to sculpt over them since it will be easy to work with them for a base...

dollies.jpg

And I also got a tool set for a steal so I should have a rough prototype to show over the weekend.

Anyone interested should let me know because I think it's unfair to only make it for myself and plus I could use the extra cash.

The list of things I've got planned are as follows:

1. Liquid Snake pilot

2. Solid Snake with Stinger Launcher

3. Gray Fox with pulse rifle arm (maybe do a crushed version?)

4. Solid Snake and Liquid Snake shirtless in fighting stances to display ontop of REX (and possibly a Meryl to display behind them)

cool dude! I do not own a rex or will get pilot. But I realy like to see what will happen here!

keep on!

I got the blank bodies to mold over in the mail, I didn't realize that they were metal :slap I hope I can heat them to change their position to match the Old Snake pilot.

That Raiden figure looks pretty nice. Just noticed that he doesn't have any hands though :lol

The hands are just hidden in the shadows. :lecture I know this for a fact because I'm the one who sculpted/painted that Mk. III and Raiden! I'll try and post some pics of the figures outside of REX later tonight :)

I could do a Raiden at some point, but at this point the priority for me would be a Liquid Snake.

I should be able to start work on it tomorrow since the rest of my required supplies will show up in the mail.

Good luck on your project(s)! Make sure you have some sort of tool and/or solvent that will help smooth out your sculpting medium because fingerprints and unevenness show up quite easily since the figures will be so small

we saw that a while back. the only way you could get one is through a lottery. also you had to be from eurasia to qualify. this is why theyre so expensive.

The hands are just hidden in the shadows. :lecture I know this for a fact because I'm the one who sculpted/painted that Mk. III and Raiden! I'll try and post some pics of the figures outside of REX later tonight :)

Sounds good! You did an incredible job (besides the hands that I can't see :lol :peace). Seriously though, I'll have to try making my own figures too. I took a ceramics (sculpting) class 11 years ago in high school - I wonder of it I remember... :rotfl

Sounds good! You did an incredible job (besides the hands that I can't see :lol :peace). Seriously though, I'll have to try making my own figures too. I took a ceramics (sculpting) class 11 years ago in high school - I wonder of it I remember... :rotfl
Haha thanks. My first time really sculpting and I'm pretty satisfied. I used Aves Apoxie Sculpt and it takes a LOT of patience to wait for it to reach the perfect consistency/cure time for general sculpting and smoothing with solvent, then fine detailing. Add on to that the time for resculpting/fixing and finally painting. I'll probably end up doing a Liquid Snake and/or Cyborg Ninja. Looking back, it might have helped to use an army man as a base skeleton instead of fully sculpting the Raiden figure from scratch. Anyway, on to some pics!

Raiden with his three blades. I'm debating on adding/sculpting the right thigh pistol holster as it wouldn't really be visible and might prevent Raiden from fitting/being able to sit next to Old Snake.
PiJMkBVl.jpg
AH2Rc0Pl.jpg

The tiny Mk.III video screen can open/close and can stand unassisted with the bendy tentacle arm extended too!
uk7EDuul.jpg
HEqh4vtl.jpg

Gonna have to wait on a moderator to approve my post with those pics!

Nice work. Yes please show some more pics of those! Cant wait to see more lil custom figures for 3A Rex. Id make a young or octocam snake if I could..

EDIT: Thousand posts:fireworks

Sorry if this is a little late but the REX looks incredible (as do all your miniatures!)

Even with all it's problems i think if your a true fan and collector you'll have this piece regardless. I mean it is insanely cool

Like most mgs fans i always wanted a REX, mgs1 was always my favourite out of them all

Respect to all you who can actually afford and most importantly have the space to display this. I know if i could, i would

Looks like i'll have to get the kotobukiya model. Too bad i suck at painting haha

I got the Koto coming next week in the mail. I'm hoping someone on here would offer to do commissions on painting it since I would gladly pay.

Me also. i have the feeling there aren't that many people residing over here, although i could be wrong?

As you may have guessed i'm fresh to the forum so i don't know too much about the members

Me also. i have the feeling there aren't that many people residing over here, although i could be wrong?

As you may have guessed i'm fresh to the forum so i don't know too much about the members

There are a few painters on the forum that would probably do commissions. The member Yanov had his friend paint his up and it looks damn great.

There are a few painters on the forum that would probably do commissions. The member Yanov had his friend paint his up and it looks damn great.

I guess i would just have to find a UK based painter.

The stock images i've seen the paint look great. I'd be happy with any paint app that looks like that as that and i don't think there even that particularly good in comparison to what some can achieve

Back