Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, never like for like.
The only time they have ever done that is if they find a few lying about in the back room and put up a fire sale.

Usually only the odd one here or there.

Unless they opted for another camo?

Do 3A sometimes reissue their figures? Could it happen with Rex?

Variants is the only thing you could hope for. There was talk of variants on REX but I doubt it at this point since it was mentioned about 2 years ago that there could be a desert and a snow but nothing since.

Hey Plis, the daffodil scene was probably going to be my first custom. just need a little time to get some supplies and some tools. if it comes out sweet I'll make you 1 too for cheap. I was thinking about making something that fits perfectly on 1 of those Ikea shelves with the brushed ends.

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Good news that Sideshow will be getting retail batches of RAY. As for the release, Ashley Wood's estimates always seem to be too optimistic, than what actually happens. Fourth quarter 2012 to early 2013 seems more likely to me - given all of the licensing issues that might develop.

Good news that Sideshow will be getting retail batches of RAY. As for the release, Ashley Wood's estimates always seem to be too optimistic, than what actually happens. Fourth quarter 2012 to early 2013 seems more likely to me - given all of the licensing issues that might develop.

March 2013 will do, I can have spare cash for the 89' Batmobile this year then :yess:

I picked up the supplies needed for my Liquid Snake pilot for REX so I should have at least the whole shape put together by the weekend. Tonight I'm just going to focus on that and smoothing it out, as the week goes on I will work on muscle tone and his pants. I will probably use the Art of MGS1 as reference.

Last edited:
Oh... what are we talking about, I think we're still stuck in 2012 :lol. Anyways, I hope RAY drops on us a little later, considering all of the pre-orders that are coming.

793785_500845346625034_1931067604_o.jpg

Best naked snake custom i seen the suit is top notch are you selling any of the bdu's by any chance ?

No offense to anyone out there, but it is highly annoying when people post their customs designs as stylized, Hot Toys inspired "Coming Soon" teasers. It fooled me a few times, when I saw pictures and thought, "hey, it looks as if Hot Toys is doing something new", only to see "######### Productions". Yeah, you got your bragging rights, and managed to troll a few people (unintentionally, I would assume) - but that's what it really amounts to in the end.

Again, no disrespect intended (and I don't mean to sound like a ****), but as a common courtesy, I think it would be best to refrain from posting Hot Toys inspired photoshop teasers in these threads lol - especially since many of us are waiting impatiently for them to announce something new.

Last edited:
No offense to anyone out there, but it is highly annoying when people post their customs designs as stylized, Hot Toys inspired "Coming Soon" teasers. It fooled me a few times, when I saw pictures and thought, "hey, it looks as if Hot Toys is doing something new", only to see "######### Productions". Yeah, you got your bragging rights, and managed to troll a few people (unintentionally, I would assume) - but that's what it really amounts to in the end.

I find both this and just general spamming of custom pictures kind of annoying, especially when a lot of people have threads dedicated to their customs elsewhere.

Again, no disrespct intended (and I don't mean to sound like a ****), but as a common courtesy, I think it would be best to refrain from posting Hot Toys inspired photoshop teasers in these threads lol.

I find both this and just general spamming of custom pictures kind of annoying, especially when a lot of people have threads dedicated to their customs elsewhere.

I find it annoying to come here and see customs I agree with what you both said .

It's not that I have a problem with custom figures. But, photo shopping customs in Hot Toys styled teasers - that's what I find highly annoying.

^I'd have to agree, it's a good custom and a fairly decent photo. But, on a serious note, do you even collect Metal Gear Solid figures anymore?

I love seeing the customs but that last one just confused me. Was it for sale? Was it a one off? Kind of didn't make sense. Nice mind.
STOP TEASING ME!

:p

It's not that I have a problem with custom figures. But, photo shopping customs in Hot Toys styled teasers - that's what I find highly annoying.

Really ? Did you know that HT didn't make any teaser until I do it for Hot Toys Community ?
Sorry to be a graphic designer and to want that my custom looks good and official...
So now, we should make creepy pictures and **** presentation to show it's not official from HT... Or you should just read the text on the picture to know it's a custom ?

If I posted it on the wrong thread, I'm sorry, I tried to create one in the Custom section but it was deleted.

Anyway, thanks to those who appreciated my work. :wave

Last edited:
Took some pictures last night after I got batteries to try the lights. The headlights are very bright and the railgun blast is close to blinding, no wonder there is a warning label on it :lol

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

To those who are still waiting on their REX or for those who have it too. You may not realize it, but REX out of the box has his legs in the wrong position. The metal looking mudflaps that hang down under the inner leg on the joints should actually be laying across the joint, not hanging under. You need to manipulate the body and legs to make the inner joint turn forward. Kind of hard to explain, maybe I will get some photos today and put them in paint to better explain it. You also would need to do this to the joint if you want dynamic poses and also it's more game accurate.

Nice pics! Havent had a chance to set him up with batteries yet,looks mean. Did u ever get an answer about removing the railgun? Was thinking of keeping him MGS style for the time being but I think ill want to switch that up ever once and awhile.

Really ? Did you know that HT didn't make any teaser until I do it for Hot Toys Community ?
Sorry to be a graphic designer and to want that my custom looks good and official...
So now, we should make creepy pictures and **** presentation to show it's not official from HT... Or you should just read the text on the picture to know it's a custom ?

If I posted it on the wrong thread, I'm sorry, I tried to create one in the Custom section but it was deleted.

Anyway, thanks to those who appreciated my work. :wave

First off nice work on that custom piece,presentation looks great. Im thinking people are getting upset because ur basically waving a big juicy steak in front of a crowd of hungry bears. We want HT to make this and ASAP! Hopefully HT comes through and makes this version and makes it as great as your is and soon. Dont be afraid to share,this is the Metal Gear Solid Collectibles thread afterall. Keep up the good work.

Back