Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex has FINALLY arrived! Holy crap this guys a beast! So happy I stuck with him. Unfortunately mine came missing one of his removable armor pieces on his knee,contacted 3a. A couple pics I took of the contents.
The mini fig is nothing special. I love the poster,its gotta be 2 foot by 2 foot,really nice size and the paper is quality. All in all im glad I got the ex:).

iYOCRVKlNaMSF.jpg

ibivM9kVqgK32A.jpg

itGYzTAXvvMri.jpg

i9hPswndwI0Xp.jpg

That exclusive old snake pilot looks like a cheap dollar store toy IMO. Kinda bother's me that they slap the "exclusive" word on a product and that's an excuse to make that... Could have been something more special but I'm glad you're happy with it.

Cool rendition of mgs1 snake from social ops..
59504_476331522429558_1814187621_n.jpg
this could be a good reference for an HT treatment since it close to the shinkawa codec illustration IMO

That exclusive old snake pilot looks like a cheap dollar store toy IMO. Kinda bother's me that they slap the "exclusive" word on a product and that's an excuse to make that... Could have been something more special but I'm glad you're happy with it.

My sentiments exactly. It reminds of those gumball vending machine toys that were in NYC during the early 90s. You could pop in 25 cents into the machine, turn the knob, and get a toy - which was usually a small man dressed in some sort of weird attire. Actually, those vending machine toys did have better paint application, if I do remember correctly :monkey1

The poster looks awesome though.

Rex has FINALLY arrived! Holy crap this guys a beast! So happy I stuck with him. Unfortunately mine came missing one of his removable armor pieces on his knee,contacted 3a. A couple pics I took of the contents.
The mini fig is nothing special. I love the poster,its gotta be 2 foot by 2 foot,really nice size and the paper is quality. All in all im glad I got the ex:).

REX is looking good! Love the poster in that picture (not so much the Snake figure, though :monkey1). I hope ThreeA gets back to you on that extra panel that you're missing. From what I remember reading in the Rad Toy Review of REX, the missing panel, is one of them that falls off quite easily, and gravity is the only thing keeping it in place. My guess is that it probably fell out during packaging.

Man.. I'm gonna have to check my own REX when it arrives :lol.

@furyan: could you take a pic of the missing pannel?
Rex will be my first 3A purchase, so I'm a bit excited right now :yess:
I hope someday HT will also make young ocelot figure. one of my favorite characters:yess:

I hope someday HT will also make young ocelot figure. one of my favorite characters:yess:

It's on the third picture he posted. Look at the legs on REX, and you'll see that left leg is missing a panel at the top.

They tape down the panels before packaging.
Mine were scattered all over the shop and I found them lodged in nooks and crannys here there and everywhere.

I think you guys are forgetting it wasn't a case of pay so much more for an exclusiveand 3AA members got it cheaper. In my eyes there are no deal breakers for that price.

Think it ended up being around $416 delivered.

Last edited:

I agree it looks cheap and feels cheap too. Really loose plastic and only about an inch tall. They should of included the mini fig and poster with their regular version and made their ex something more special. Im not bothered by the mini fig though, more concerned about Rex!! It cost me less to get the ex version so I kinda see these things as an small bonus.

this could be a good reference for an HT treatment since it close to the shinkawa codec illustration IMO

Awesome!

REX is looking good! Love the poster in that picture (not so much the Snake figure, though :monkey1). I hope ThreeA gets back to you on that extra panel that you're missing. From what I remember reading in the Rad Toy Review of REX, the missing panel, is one of them that falls off quite easily, and gravity is the only thing keeping it in place. My guess is that it probably fell out during packaging.

Man.. I'm gonna have to check my own REX when it arrives :lol.

Thanks! Ive already got a response email from them. Their customer service seems to be very fast for some reason. Would have been nice if 3a had designed these little knee pieces right and they "opened up" off the leg, I could see em getting lost easily. Im toying with the idea of modding them with magnets so they will at least stay put. Have fun unboxing this big ole guy. I was so excited I damn near ripped the packaging apart lol. Would of been way easier with someones assistance!

As Solidus said,you can see in the missing piece on his kneecap in the two pictures.

I really dont see how anyone could not like this figure,inconsistancies aside this is the most impressive MGS related collectable Ive seen! But to each his own I guess. I hope you all enjoy him!

Does anybody have the YAMATO 1/6 Meryl figure? A local collector might be selling his to me for roughly $30, but if I recall that figure is horrible!

I know Jason has one, if you don't mind Jason, do post some pics!

If I get her I'll definitely repaint the whole figure. I'm finished with Solid Snake, Big Boss and Old Snake and I'll post super high res pics when my photographer buddy comes over.

Why does Kojima/Shinkawa have the urge to re-do the old classic Snakes? :slap First they remade MGS3 Snake's face and now this.

As cool as that Social Ops pic looks, I don't want Hot Toys to sculpt him off this version, if they ever do MGS1. THE TWIN SNAKES please!

At this point I'm kinda hoping the next Hot Toy figure isn't another Snake, I pray it's Gray Fox:pray:

I was also late in the game to purchase the play arts figures, I saw them around the time I was playing the MGS HD collection but I decided not to buy them thinking later down the road we'd be getting better ones:slap

Anyways, this guy just arrived, my first MGS figure ever and it looks amazing....
IMG_9478_zpseaab2f22.jpg

IMG_9470_zps16ec77e1.jpg

IMG_9480dfdfsdfs_zps5dd1dce0.jpg

IMG_9485sdas_zpse94ca9d4.jpg

IMG_9401_zps94a6574e.jpg

sdfsdzxsd_zps4a75a0d6.jpg

Overall I hope to see more MGS figures like this. Gray Fox, Solid Snake MGS1 or 2, Solidus, Raiden MGS2, Meryl, and The End. The End would be a pretty bizarre figure to have from Hot Toys:thud:

[/IMG]
Why does Kojima/Shinkawa have the urge to re-do the old classic Snakes? :slap First they remade MGS3 Snake's face and now this.

As cool as that Social Ops pic looks, I don't want Hot Toys to sculpt him off this version, if they ever do MGS1. THE TWIN SNAKES please!

Nah, TwinSnakes face was pants... sure it was based off the MGS2 one but it never looked right to me. But this Render is fantastic, i wish Play Arts looked like this, although i don't agree with the side parting

I was quite worried for the young snake renders since i don't like Konamis CGI renders soo far, now im looking forward to MGS2 Snake (and HotToys renditions!)

Nice Phantom. Still waiting on mine in the post!
Just played the Rising demo and instantly pre-ordered the ltd edition with play arts Raiden. £89 on zavvi with code.

I feel bad I didn't capitalize on those figures when I had the chance. I saw the Gray Fox figure last year for dirt cheap on amazon and was like "meh I'll wait for a better one" big mistake bro.

Almost....tempted to buy it for 100$ now, but had to let it go because it's just way overpriced. Whenever they release a MGS figure you gotta jump on it right away because they won't be making them again anytime soon.

Back