Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I:slap:slap I have tried to post pictures of my collection for god knows how many time, but it just doesn't work. Is this page blocking and deleting messages that include link or inserted image that is related to photobucket?? Because I just don't get it. I'm a member of several internet forums etc. and never before has it been this difficult to post anything. Surely Finland isn't a country with high spam rates or anything.

Also, If you have an Android or iPhone, download Tapatalk, and use that app to login to Sideshow.
I find it much easier to attach
photos using Tapatalk, as the app accepts direct attachments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BBTS email had Solidus at about $159 or something like that, but when I clicked on the link, it was already cheaper.

This is on BBTS Solidus page.

NOTE - The price on this item is expected to decrease once domestic supply information is released.

I already PO'd him. Even if it doesn't drop I'm still getting it, I mean c'mon it's friggin Solidus.

This is on BBTS Solidus page.

NOTE - The price on this item is expected to decrease once domestic supply information is released.

I already PO'd him. Even if it doesn't drop I'm still getting it, I mean c'mon it's friggin Solidus.

Still though its double the price of the existing Play Arts figures

Hey guys, got a quick question for you. Is the original Play Arts Kai Big Boss figure (normal sneaking suit version) oop? I'm not talking about the special version which came out with an orange shield.
I got one here which I want to sell. I'm just wondering how much I could still get for that figure...

FYI Kotobukiya MGS REX model kit!
https://mecha-guy.blogspot.ca/2012/06/metal-gear-rex-kotobukiya-plastic-model.html?m=1
2rfd.jpg

That's the best thing about this piece. Considering the sharp sculpt that this statue seems to have(final judgment reserved for high-res, official pics, of course), one could theoretically, with the right re-paint get just as nice, if not nicer statue than the 3A one. Just smaller and a lot cheaper. Personally I can't wait. I've been really torn about the whole 3A Rex(and upcoming Ray), becouse I have such sentiment for the MGS series and this particular mech, but the price tag was just too much. Now, problem solved and it doesn't even feel like a compromise. Kotobukiya always delivers. Its day one pre-order for me.

I wonder how big is that Kotobukiya MGS REX going to be? Probably no way near the size of 3A's Rex I would think. What do you guys think?

Looks amazing so far though, that's for sure!

I wonder how big is that Kotobukiya MGS REX going to be? Probably no way near the size of 3A's Rex I would think. What do you guys think?

Looks amazing so far though, that's for sure!

I don't think there's a standard size to Kotobukiya model kits, but they usually range from around 7 to 9 inches. So, it'll be significantly smaller than the ThreeA model, and slightly bigger than the Play Arts MGS mechs that were released.

Is that the same one as kyekye posted up ages ago that he made?

1st post here :)
While waiting for HT Snake & PlayArts or 3A Rex/Ray (who knows when..:impatient:), I custom-made my own Metal Gear REX.
Feedback is welcome.
5852420578_2fe0f9868c_z.jpg

Yup. It's full action poseable!
5852420658_87f0dac8d7_z.jpg

Including the cockpit detail!
5851869909_dc0afebfd9_z.jpg

Custom markings and double cockpit joints!
5851871381_9954461b61_z.jpg

It can't stand on 2 toes like in the game, but it can sure pose like one~
5852421586_f53eab79b3_z.jpg

Parts chunks.

I don't think there's a standard size to Kotobukiya model kits, but they usually range from around 7 to 9 inches. So, it'll be significantly smaller than the ThreeA model, and slightly bigger than the Play Arts MGS mechs that were released.

Thanks for the info Solidus! (love the screen name btw)

Anyways, yeah this one will be significantly smaller compared to the 3A version and the price should be just as small, I would assume. This should turn out well for MGS fans like myself. :yess:

Although, I'm still rather interested in the getting my hands on that huge Rex (and Ray) from 3A but, $500? :monkey2

Back