Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered that Play Arts Cyborg Ninja from a local webstore. If I would be a smart boy, I would keep it MISB, since apparently the price of those figures have gone quite high according to ebay. I paid 58€ and it is not bad considering that there are lots of sellers who would like to cash at least 100$(79€). Then again, I doubt that I would sell it and I just don't like to keep my toys in their boxes. It is not that fun IMO.

Edit: though there are some cheaper auctions as well, but at least not all of those are MISB.

Last edited:

Cyborg Ninja by thedaytimeninja, on Flickr

Just ordered that Play Arts Cyborg Ninja from a local webstore. If I would be a smart boy, I would keep it MISB, since apparently the price of those figures have gone quite high according to ebay. I paid 58€ and it is not bad considering that there are lots of sellers who would like to cash at least 100$(79€). Then again, I doubt that I would sell it and I just don't like keep my toys in their boxes. It is not that fun IMO.

Edit: though there are some cheaper auctions as well, but at least not all of those are MISB.

You will not be disappointed!

Here's the email I got last night from BBTS about my PA Kai Solidus preorder: "Hi - We are happy to announce that the price on this item has been dropped [[[my face then- : 0 ]]]from the original $119.99 to $114.99[[[my face then- :-| ]]]. We thank you very much for your order."

Just ordered that Play Arts Cyborg Ninja from a local webstore. If I would be a smart boy, I would keep it MISB, since apparently the price of those figures have gone quite high according to ebay. I paid 58€ and it is not bad considering that there are lots of sellers who would like to cash at least 100$(79€). Then again, I doubt that I would sell it and I just don't like to keep my toys in their boxes. It is not that fun IMO.

I'd open it. The same thing happened to the original Sneaking Suit Peace Walker figure - it was sold out for several months, and then the prices temporarily went up until Square Enix had a restock for all of their distributors. None of the Play Arts MGS figures have been truly limited, except for the Version Zero Snake figure and the Red Gray Fox exclusive figure.

Here's the email I got last night from BBTS about my PA Kai Solidus preorder: "Hi - We are happy to announce that the price on this item has been dropped [[[my face then- : 0 ]]]from the original $119.99 to $114.99[[[my face then- :-| ]]]. We thank you very much for your order."

That sucks. I was hoping for a significant price drop :(.

Ok ladies and gents - I got a reply from Square Enix regarding the price point of Solidus. They have confirmed the increased price and made the following statement:

"As for Solidus, he’s actually much larger than our usual figures, which contributed to the greater cost. He is not only taller, but also wider and come with long, poseable attachments with his power suit. We don’t intend this price point to become the norm for the Play Arts figures, but due to Solidus’ massive size the total cost was increased just this once. Although we had to increase the price, we hope the hardcore Metal Gear fans (will) enjoy Solidus when it’s made available!"

There you go - this one time the figure price is increasing due to the size and accessories with the figure.

Ok ladies and gents - I got a reply from Square Enix regarding the price point of Solidus. They have confirmed the increased price and made the following statement:

"As for Solidus, he’s actually much larger than our usual figures, which contributed to the greater cost. He is not only taller, but also wider and come with long, poseable attachments with his power suit. We don’t intend this price point to become the norm for the Play Arts figures, but due to Solidus’ massive size the total cost was increased just this once. Although we had to increase the price, we hope the hardcore Metal Gear fans (will) enjoy Solidus when it’s made available!"

There you go - this one time the figure price is increasing due to the size and accessories with the figure.

i'm not sure how that is supposed to make me feel, i mean paying more for a figure that will be out of scale of the current figures from the series (MGS) i mean was solidus snake really that much bigger than solid snake? it's just out i rather pay the $114. or $119. for a the same figure (solidus) but in scale with the other snakes.

Not sure if it's going to be "out of scale" - I didn't get that from the message from SE; I understood it as the figure is in scale with the other figures, but because of the much larger size (in terms of materials used, etc), the figure costs more.

Similar to what Hot Toys did with Jake Sully - it's still in 1/6th scale, but it's a bigger figure, so it costs more. Simple as that.

Would anyone like to see what Sideshow could do with PF figures for Metal Gear Solid? I would be all over it.

@Foxdie45
Im not a fan of PFs myself. Especially when it comes to drawn characters. most of the time the Artistic look of the character is lost in order to create the "real life" look to the PFs. And for me MGS characters look best in Shinkawas art, although the in-game models look great too they aren't made to the same level of detail as PFs.
That beng said, Phyco Mantis and Ninja would look awesome in PF form :p

On the Play Arts, Solidus' price makes sense to me now (while stil too much). While its nice to see PlayArts takle other franchises im abit sad to see they've taken a break on MGS for now before seeing my most wanted. We likely wont see ore till the end of this year :(

So what would make the play arts version or the hot toys version any different assuming you like those versions.

Well since they are a smaller scale the detail on them aren't super real. For me it would lead to a bigger disappointment in representing the characters. I think the BigBoss head sculpt while on the realistic side did a great job of balancing the realism with the in-game model.

Hers an example of a Batman PF which i hate.
BatmanPF2.jpg

On the play arts they, for the most part, look just like Shinkawas artwork. FYI i really don't like Play Arts MGS1 Snakes face, although one of the initial sculpts was very much like the concept art.

P.S im an idiot, when you said PFs i heard busts :S but i stand by what i said lol

So what would make the play arts version or the hot toys version any different assuming you like those versions.

Well for one thing they all refuse to actually accurately depict the characters as the original art portrays them to be. The exception seems to be the Play Arts Kai Solid Snake, and he has been poorly received in part because of it. With Sideshow, they would likely try to adapt the original art style, which would be incredibly difficult to do, but very awesome if they could pull it off.

Not sure if it's going to be "out of scale" - I didn't get that from the message from SE; I understood it as the figure is in scale with the other figures, but because of the much larger size (in terms of materials used, etc), the figure costs more.

Similar to what Hot Toys did with Jake Sully - it's still in 1/6th scale, but it's a bigger figure, so it costs more. Simple as that.

Yea and sneaking suit is in scale with the jungle and battle dress verison even though its shorter in size , just saying unless solidus exoskeleton suit stretches his shins i just don't know how come hes so much taller when he is suppose to be the "perfect" clone of big boss. but don't get me wrong i think its awesome to have bigger figures but i would prefer if they were like Vulcan Raven or something.

Well for one thing they all refuse to actually accurately depict the characters as the original art portrays them to be. The exception seems to be the Play Arts Kai Solid Snake, and he has been poorly received in part because of it. With Sideshow, they would likely try to adapt the original art style, which would be incredibly difficult to do, but very awesome if they could pull it off.

you said it man, but i think Naked Snake and Solidus have the best(accurate) face sculpts soo far.

@ Foxdie

Im starting to rethink what i said about PFs after looking at the awesome MassEffect Shepperd. They managed to pull him right outta the game. then again he had a real life face to begin with, maybe they could pull off an MGS4 Snake

you said it man, but i think Naked Snake and Solidus have the best(accurate) face sculpts soo far.

@ Foxdie

Im starting to rethink what i said about PFs after looking at the awesome MassEffect Shepperd. They managed to pull him right outta the game. then again he had a real life face to begin with, maybe they could pull off an MGS4 Snake

That's exactly What surprised me they are better at making comic faces, but they naile d the paint and hs for this proto.

this weekend i went to the france comic con... i dont know that square enix are a part of the con... so i was surprised to see them there and also with the red ninja... but all sold out! -.-

Back