Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked 3A they didn't respond, asked Sideshow they had no knowledge, but the time doesn coincide with Sideshows usually thursdaypre-order schedule, so it could.

How long u think this will stay in-stock on bambaland?

SIDESHOW :pray: SIDESHOW :pray: SIDESHOW :pray: SIDESHOW :pray:

If you can swing it from Bambaland it will be cheaper to buy it from them due to the free shipping. If past patterns remain the same, it will cost the same on Sideshow as on Bambaland but will not include shipping which given the large size of Rex is not to be scoffed at. It's about $20 vis UPS for Mongrol from BBTS and Mongrol I believe is a fair bit smaller.

If you can swing it from Bambaland it will be cheaper to buy it from them due to the free shipping. If past patterns remain the same, it will cost the same on Sideshow as on Bambaland but will not include shipping which given the large size of Rex is not to be scoffed at.

Sideshow reward points will make REX cheaper :wink1:

I don't like having to pay for membership fees :lol.

I don't like having to pay more than I need to for what amounts to a 5% discount (in the form of reward points) which usually is less than the discount you get if you buy from someone other than Sideshow (who generally have Sideshow distro'd products for about 10% off). So I don't really have any reward points.

If you don't have any reward points and you can afford to pay for it now, you'll end up saving around $20-30 (I'm guessing) if you order from bambaland, assuming you're in the US. Much more than that of course if you're anywhere else. I know it sucks to have to pay for pre-orders up front, I hate doing it myself, but in the long run I end up saving more money and I always know about releases long before they're put up for sale, so I can set the money aside just as I would for a normal pre-order.

I don't like having to pay more than I need to for what amounts to a 5% discount (in the form of reward points) which usually is less than the discount you get if you buy from someone other than Sideshow (who generally have Sideshow distro'd products for about 10% off). So I don't really have any reward points.

If you don't have any reward points and you can afford to pay for it now, you'll end up saving around $20-30 (I'm guessing) if you order from bambaland, assuming you're in the US. Much more than that of course if you're anywhere else. I know it sucks to have to pay for pre-orders up front, I hate doing it myself, but in the long run I end up saving more money and I always know about releases long before they're put up for sale, so I can set the money aside just as I would for a normal pre-order.

I stick with Sideshow mainly because of the convenience. Their customer service is extremely helpful, and they're the only retailer, aside from Alter Ego that offers monthly flex payment plans, so that my credit card doesn't have to take a $800 hit in a single month. So, while it's true that Sideshow might be slightly more expensive initially when compared to other retailers, I actually find them to be more affordable in the long run.

As for 3AA, to be quite honest, I don't like Ashley Wood's work enough to warrant signing up for a membership. I know that there are a lot of collectors who value his art concepts, and more power to them, but it's just not my style of collecting. REX is the only thing that he has created that actually interests me.

Which is why I left 3AA out of the equation that time. I only brought it up initially because it applies to me personally much in the same way having reward points applies to you personally.

The product line is expanding from ThreeA though to include a few things outside of Ashley Wood's personal work. 3AA isn't a sure thing value for money this year (even if you could still apply) but next year it might be more worthwhile to some.

It takes $1k in purchases to break even on the membership, if you ignore the merchandise that comes with it. So if you don't think you'll spend more than $1k and don't want anything in the membership kit it's not really worth it.

For me it is since about 90% of the toys I buy are from ThreeA and while I don't buy a lot of stuff that tends to amount to around $1200-2000 plus I generally want the $50-150 worth of stuff the kit comes with. This year the kit came with a full totally original 1/6 scale figure which would probably normally cost about $85-120 plus the messenger bag so it was especially worthwhile for me this year.

BACK on the subject of MGS though, Play Arts Fox is looking great. Saw the in-hand pics a few pages back and he looks fantastic, even better than the promo shots (which made him look a big big headed). Can't wait for mine. I was lucky to get my pre-order into BBTS before they raised the price from $49.99 to $59.99. I'm a bit unusual in my MGS interest and probably the next one I'll want to get is Raiden although Solidus Snake is very tempting. I dig the Ninja looking dudes and Solidus kinda fits that bill.

sorry the question of how long will stock last on the 3a website for metal gear rex... but no one answered the question. how many of these are they making and how long do you think it will last??

sorry the question of how long will stock last on the 3a website for metal gear rex... but no one answered the question. how many of these are they making and how long do you think it will last??

I'm tempted to buy right away for fear of missing out, but if Sideshow does get it then i'll be pissed cos i'd prefer to shop through them :dunno

So i wanna know too

alas I don't know how long they will be up for, depends on numbers I guess as assume they will be making a set amount and 3A don't announce edition numbers.

surely it makes more sense buying from bambaland than sideshow unless you can't stump up the money at the beginning that is :gah: as with sideshow the extra on shipping and customs would be a killer

Generally stuff sticks around for 24 hours at least. Not always the case but it tends to be. As far as number being made, ThreeA doesn't make production numbers public.

Does anyone know from where they ship? The US?
bambalandstore / 3A I mean.

DSC06846480x640.jpg

DSC06850360x640.jpg

DSC06842640x360.jpg

Back