Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll have to revise my comment from earlier...
THIS is the most amazing MGS related custom I've ever seen. ;-)
Fantastic work, kyekye!

Damn that is one hell of a nice looking Rex,i would love to own a Rex in my collection one day...If only someone made it:pray:

5852420578_2fe0f9868c_z.jpg

That is so bloody awesome!

Thanks for nice comments~

what scale is this?
also, any chance you can cast the parts and sell it as a kit?
It's 1/72 scale. Selling...If I do that, Konami might come after me.. Remember New Soul's Metal Boss a couple of months ago?:gah: (Not sure exactly what happened there..)

you're lucky 3a is making a Rex figure, otherwise we would of had to force you into producing more at gunpoint! :rotfl
:lol If 3A or PlayArts put it out with cool gimmicks and affordable price tag, I'll grab them also. but they are surely taking their time with REX!:impatient: I hope they announce some news with new MGS HD game release! If they don't, they will miss a great chance!

Thanks for nice comments~

It's 1/72 scale. Selling...If I do that, Konami might come after me.. Remember New Soul's Metal Boss a couple of months ago?:gah: (Not sure exactly what happened there..)
i do not. so Konami "went after" someone who made a figure or something? really?

also, i'm pretty sure 1/72 scale means your Rex is to scale with the McFarlane Ray build-a-figure. which means i must have it. i'll take 1 kit, please.

No 1/6 = no care.

haha, just kidding, that looks friggin bad-ass. It it was a legit kit, I would probably be down for one. Even that back-drop looks amazing.

i do not. so Konami "went after" someone who made a figure or something? really?

Yeah, probably had something to do with the quote a month or so back in the Hot Toys Q&A where they talked about bootlegs and knock-offs cutting into their sales.

It's really not fair to the manufacturers who pay huge license fees to be able to do official product, then these bootleg companies come through and release unofficial product that looks pretty damn good for half the price. They don't have to pay the fees, don't have to get held up in approvals. If I was Hot Toys, I'd be pissed. I just gave Konami $25,000 to make Metal Gear figures, and some jack-hole comes through and shows off a 'Metal Boss' figure before Konami even approved my Naked Snake prototype.

making is fine. selling could be problem.
Just rumors. There were a couple of threads about it at OSW. Some New Chinese company set up a web site and posted nice looking 12" Snake figure images and started taking pre-orders. And Boom! - they disappeared. Some say HT and Konami went after them. Some say they had to shut it down and apologized to them..All rumors.:panic:

No 1/6 = no care.
haha, just kidding, that looks friggin bad-ass. It it was a legit kit, I would probably be down for one. Even that back-drop looks amazing.

:lol That's why I didn't post it at OSW cuz it ain't 1/6!!

It's really not fair to the manufacturers who pay huge license fees to be able to do official product, then these bootleg companies come through and release unofficial product that looks pretty damn good for half the price. They don't have to pay the fees, don't have to get held up in approvals. If I was Hot Toys, I'd be pissed. I just gave Konami $25,000 to make Metal Gear figures, and some jack-hole comes through and shows off a 'Metal Boss' figure before Konami even approved my Naked Snake prototype.

Yep. They have only just bought the license from Konami as well it seems. I'm not suprised they took action on those 'metal boss' figures. They definitely looked good, though i'd much rather support Hot Toys and Konami.

Yep. They have only just bought the license from Konami as well it seems. I'm not suprised they took action on those 'metal boss' figures. They definitely looked good, though i'd much rather support Hot Toys and Konami.
I'm really really hoping to see some prototype or any news update from Hot toys and 3A at the SDCC. It's late July, right?

Yeah I have my fingers crossed that we will see something at SDCC. At least then we might have a projected release date sometime the end of the year or even first of the year.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

If anyone is interested in the Play Arts Peace Walker figures I have set I am looking to get rid of - Sneaking Suit Snake, Jungle Snake, Pupa, Basilisk, and Chrysalis - all MIB.

Not looking to profit, just want to get back what I paid which is around retail. I'd sell the whole set for $200 shipped (continental USA).

PM me if interested!

If anyone is interested in the Play Arts Peace Walker figures I have set I am looking to get rid of - Sneaking Suit Snake, Jungle Snake, Pupa, Basilisk, and Chrysalis - all MIB.

Not looking to profit, just want to get back what I paid which is around retail. I'd sell the whole set for $200 shipped (continental USA).

PM me if interested!

picture.php

Back