Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really couldn't care less about the Revoltech figures (mini or regular sized). Solid Snake deserves a decent 1/6 treatment.

Yea and we are getting it soon it may be a custom but it not like hot toys will make one.

Yea and we are getting it soon it may be a custom but it not like hot toys will make one.

All things considered, it might even be better than a Hot Toys figure, if the sculpt and tailoring are good. We can't really trust Kojima and Shinkawa to approve good Snake or Big Boss figures anymore.

Solid Snake, showing his old man how MGS gameplay should have been- by punching people in the groin.

BmCbfB9CIAEzxIh.jpg:large

BmCbDloCIAAZ1qP.jpg:large

:rotfl

Beautiful posing btw, I hate when people can't pose their figures.

I'm gonna get 10 of those little guys.

Shinkawa's finished RAY. Not sure what iteration of RAY this is supposed to be though. I'm so conflicted on what color to paint him! :lol

Bl-qlLRCYAAYSPB.jpg:large

Revo MGS V Snake. $120? One-hundred-twenty ****ing dollars?! :rotfl

What the hell.
Wow, I didn't even think it'd be exclusive. I mean at least the PAK Metallic Boss and White Raiden were variants, so you could still buy a cheaper and still decent figure if you didn't want it. But MGSV Boss is pretty different from the existing PW Revoltech, with a new head sculpt, gun, goggles etc...

I'll pass, kthxbai. Meanwhile, on to searching for Metallic Boss!

A bit of bad news (though best to take this as rumor for now), but based on someone's translation on the stuff written about this figure and the announcement of the Revominis, supposedly the normal Revoltech line might get axed and this will take its place (hence why Snake fell on this line). I can only assume it's possibly because of better competitors like Bandai's S.H. Figuarts or Max Factory's Figma lines that really kicked Kaiyodo's butt and pushed them to revive their 4-inch product (Revominis existed way back, but it's only this time we're getting human-ish figures). That said, if this proves to be true, I'd be sorely disappointed as I'm actually fairly happy with my Revoltech PW Big Boss and MGR Raiden and I would've wanted Snake to join them to form the protagonist trio. :(
You know that would make sense. I mean honestly to me, Revoltech is almost bottom of the barrel. There's a ton of flaws with them, from the 'unique' articulation system, to the paint jobs, too anime-ish sculpts for non-anime brands and so on. Compare to Figuarts and Figmas, which aren't that anime-ish and still look significantly better. They're more expensive but honestly, Revoltechs are mediocre really. I don't know why they get so much praise, and why Figuarts and Figma tend to get some un-needed hate. There's some brands like their Iron Man, Pixar and of course MGS but beyond that, Revoltech is meh.

You know that would make sense. I mean honestly to me, Revoltech is almost bottom of the barrel. There's a ton of flaws with them, from the 'unique' articulation system, to the paint jobs, too anime-ish sculpts for non-anime brands and so on. Compare to Figuarts and Figmas, which aren't that anime-ish and still look significantly better. They're more expensive but honestly, Revoltechs are mediocre really. I don't know why they get so much praise, and why Figuarts and Figma tend to get some un-needed hate. There's some brands like their Iron Man, Pixar and of course MGS but beyond that, Revoltech is meh.

Honestly as much as I would've wanted a Revoltech MGS1 Snake, I can't argue with that. Even with anime-oriented figures, Figma and S.H. Figuarts are by and large better than the stylized stuff that Revoltech puts out nowadays. I collect enough of the three, and needless to say that the quality of most Revoltech figures (not all, but most) barely even compare to Figmas and S.H. Figuarts.

I have no experience with figma or figure arts but when I see images of the final products they dot always look that much better that revoltechs.

Except that link figure that looks fantastic.
I'm surprised to hear that people are worried classic Revoltech might get discontinued in favour of Revolminis. Aren't revoltechs super popular?

I've never cared about revoltech - so I can't say much about it but figma figures do look good and come great articulations
(except when they are portraying people from films [try searching figma Indy or Captain America], it's just ...bad)

As for MGS figmas, I'm quite skeptical about how they would look ... so a nendoroid (small cartoony) version of them is good
enough for me

Figma are great very clean paint nice sculpts like figuarts too also great paint and sculpts.

I ordered my first MGS figures the other day : old snake and raiden! Now for the other ones.. It was bad enought collecting hot toys preds.. now these! Empty wallet time

I ordered my first MGS figures the other day : old snake and raiden! Now for the other ones.. It was bad enought collecting hot toys preds.. now these! Empty wallet time

Hello there!

I'm looking to sell my 3A REX minus the pilot and PAK Liquid Snake. PM me if interested.

You have two of them if I'm not mistaken, Plis? How much are they worth nowadays anyway?

Back