Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a pointless move. It has no logic behind it. Wouldn't they know people would want to display it to their other MGS figures? I suppose not.

This is like the Tinkerbell Snake release. If you have a wire string, you can have him floating around one of your 1/6 figures like a fairy :slap.

Its annoying, but i want another solid snake figure. This thing better be $20.

I think it'll probably be $29.99 at best. It's very annoying. This figure is too small for our current collections, and too big to pose with ThreeA REX.

Christmas tree ornament :lol

"Sneak into Christmas with Snake"

That's actually not a bad idea :lol.

Nothing wrong with Revoltech, but no way am I gonna spend money on this. It seems like as time goes on, they think can slap the MGS brand and think it will sell like hotcakes. Try harder, Konami.

Nothing wrong with Revoltech, but no way am I gonna spend money on this. It seems like as time goes on, they think can slap the MGS brand and think it will sell like hotcakes. Try harder, Kojima.

Fixed for accuracy :lecture. We've had some amazing collectibles with this series in the past - and I'd even be willing to put ThreeA REX on that list, despite all of its problems. But, between this and the iDroid Case (in addition to the subpar Play Arts releases), Koji and Company are just trying blatantly hard to milk whatever they can out of us. Quite frankly, it feels insulting.

Fixed for accuracy :lecture. We've had some amazing collectibles with this series in the past - and I'd even be willing to put ThreeA REX on that list, despite all of its problems. But, between this and the iDroid Case (in addition to the subpar Play Arts releases), Koji and Company are just trying blatantly hard to milk whatever they can out of us. Quite frankly, it feels insulting.

Well, he has to in order to afford those private jets, lofts and lavish dinner parties complete with private chefs. Seriously, did you even watched the Kojima Nation show? Or better yet.. don't. :lol

Give the man credit where it's due, and I personally think Kojima deserves every bit of success he has gotten but after watching those videos I kinda think the our lord and master is overcompensating for something.

Well, he has to in order to afford those private jets, lofts and lavish dinner parties complete with private chefs. Seriously, did you even watched the Kojima Nation show? Or better yet.. don't. :lol

Give the man credit where it's due, and I personally think Kojima deserves every bit of success he has gotten but after watching those videos I kinda think the our lord and master is overcompensating for something.

Well, there isn't any other video game developer that's so in-your-face as Kojima. He self-references himself in MGS now (calling himself "God"), Konami gives him his own red carpet photo-shoot, and he even has his own propaganda show to bolster his popularity. I tried to watch one episode of Kojima Station, and had to take it off after three minutes, because it was so douchy. And this is coming from me, who has met Kojima five times, and chanted "Kojima! Kojima!" in the line-ups (and I'll meet him many more times whenever the chances present themselves) :lol.

I mean, he is my favorite video game developer and I admire his great success story. It's incredible how he dropped out of college as a kid, and started out at Konami as a small-time intern, and worked his way up to become one of the greatest pioneers of gaming. But, he could be a little more humble about it.

These lame collectible releases couldn't make it any more apparent that he has no qualms about bleeding us for as much as we're willing to spend.

Well, there isn't any other video game developer that's so in-your-face as Kojima. He self-references himself in MGS now (calling himself "God"), Konami gives him his own red carpet photo-shoot, and he even has his own propaganda show to bolster his popularity. I tried to watch one episode of Kojima Station, and had to take it off after three minutes, because it was so douchy. And this is coming from me, who has met Kojima five times, and chanted "Kojima! Kojima!" in the line-ups (and I'll meet him many more times whenever the chances present themselves) :lol.

I mean, he is my favorite video game developer and I admire his great success story. It's incredible how he dropped out of college as a kid, and started out at Konami as a small-time intern, and worked his way up to become one of the greatest pioneers of gaming. But, he could be a little more humble about it.

These lame collectible releases couldn't make it any more apparent that he has no qualms about bleeding us for as much as we're willing to spend.

I don't think I'd mind that as much if Snake actually got GOOD collectibles.

I wonder what accessories theyre giving him this time. The box and his signature gun is a gimme but do you guys think anything new will be offered.

That's a good question. I think the box and Socom pistol will be standard. I also wonder if he'll come with interchangeable hands, like the regular Revo releases.

What a spot on assessment of post-death-threats Kojima. The man has no equal and MGS has no rival. It would be interesting to see how much of a profit MGSV turns out, as Konami seems to be investing a lot of money and faith in Kojima, which is why they had to release a paid demo and all these nonsense collectibles.

When I first played the "Intel Operative Rescue" mission and found out it was a technically impressive facial capture of Kojima, and how Miller was back at brown nosing Kojima yet again, I nearly turn off the console as it was, well, a turn off. Yuck.

I wonder what accessories theyre giving him this time. The box and his signature gun is a gimme but do you guys think anything new will be offered.

Maybe the Nikita? That would be cool.

I don't think I'd mind that as much if Snake actually got GOOD collectibles.

That's the thing, didn't KP made a poll or something of what would the next MGS collectible would be? Di no one asked for a 1/6 MGS1/2 Solid Snake? :slap

That's the thing, didn't KP made a poll or something of what would the next MGS collectible would be? Di no one asked for a 1/6 MGS1/2 Solid Snake? :slap

I'm pretty sure Snake came in second to that poll to Raiden. MGS begins and ends with Snake... how is he not the first figure out the ****ing door?

What a spot on assessment of post-death-threats Kojima. The man has no equal and MGS has no rival. It would be interesting to see how much of a profit MGSV turns out, as Konami seems to be investing a lot of money and faith in Kojima, which is why they had to release a paid demo and all these nonsense collectibles.

When I first played the "Intel Operative Rescue" mission and found out it was a technically impressive facial capture of Kojima, and how Miller was back at brown nosing Kojima yet again, I nearly turn off the console as it was, well, a turn off. Yuck.

We've discussed it so many times about having a "burn-out" for this series. I wouldn't have felt so disappointed with things, if it weren't for the haphazard handling of collectibles (mostly the cheap quality and extraordinary high price points), and the continuity of the games that are getting worse with each release since MGS 4. I'd say that Kojima's in-your-face behavior is like rubbing salt into an open wound.

I'm pretty sure Snake came in second to that poll to Raiden. MGS begins and ends with Snake... how is he not the first figure out the ****ing door?

I just hope that Solid Snake isn't confused for Big Boss when Hot Toys announces their other MGS figure. One Sneaking Suit Big Boss is enough, and I can do without the Ground Zeroes figure.

I think that was the HT poll. There was this KP guy who asked fans what figures they wanted trough Twitter, and guess what people asked for? Yup, little Snakes, bobbleheads, all those crap that made you go "WHY?".

There's nothing wrong with all these mini toys, iPhone cases or Kojima flavored chips. It's just that Kojima/Konami are aware that they'll sell better than any 1/6 figures. It's just unfortunate that we'll never see an official 1/6 Snake at the rate the merchandising is going.

Thank God for Rising Raiden though, but I suspect it'll come with a pamphlet for the FOX Engine.

Oh my god what

Miniature Solid Snake? Hello? I'm done Revoltech. Get the **** out. You guys already made Big Boss look bad and used his sneaking suit, which I was fine with because I still think he looks ok, but a minature Solid Snake? Not to mention I still feel they're like a Japanese slightly above average Hasbro and this compounds. Honestly those teaser pics were trolls because they looked normal size; I hate how pics can make figures sizes look deceptive sometimes. Oh well. Now I'm not even sure about buying Raiden or Big Boss, or hell anything else by Revoltech.

I'm not sure what to think but if he goes for $30, I'm boycotting. At least we still have the Nendoriod, and believe me, you can always trust Good Smile. Unless Kojima buggers in like only he would...

Back