Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely keep you posted on anything I hear from them. I'm going to email them again later in the week. Such ****ing idiots.

I still think you need to make a thread on such a lousy costumer service. I remember pre-ordering the PAK AA Batman and Joker years ago but when the shipment arrived late, and it was missing the Joker, I asked the store owner if I could wait picking up the figures once both arrive. His reply was:

"Ryan, I think you're abusing our friendship here. You're beginning to think that you own my store, is that it? It's MY store and MY rules and if you don't like it F-off."

Well, I started a new thread on the guy on the local collectible forums and and that among other things got his business to get a very foul reputation. I'm not about revenge but mistreating the people who spent money on you is unacceptable.

With all the horror stories I've been hearing about the 3A Rex, I just makes me more conflicted about RAY, as the latest pic below looks really, really good.

What are these horror stories? Have I missed something? Are we talking about QC issues here, shoddy workmanship or things like missing features, head not turning etc...? Mine arrived just fine as far as I'm aware. It's been in the box the whole time because I haven't got anywhere to display it at the moment, but I did take it out of the box to take a look obviously and didn't notice anything wrong with it. In fact, I think it's the only collectible I received that didn't come with QC issues, lol. The only thing wrong was the hip joints being set incorrectly out of the box, but I think all of them are like this and I didn't even notice until a member here pointed it out. Can easily be rotated back to normal. I love Rex, and it's still one of the nicest collectibles I own. Can't wait to display Rex and Ray together!

What are these horror stories? Have I missed something? Are we talking about QC issues here, shoddy workmanship or things like missing features, head not turning etc...? Mine arrived just fine as far as I'm aware. It's been in the box the whole time because I haven't got anywhere to display it at the moment, but I did take it out of the box to take a look obviously and didn't notice anything wrong with it. In fact, I think it's the only collectible I received that didn't come with QC issues, lol. The only thing wrong was the hip joints being set incorrectly out of the box, but I think all of them are like this and I didn't even notice until a member here pointed it out. Can easily be rotated back to normal. I love Rex, and it's still one of the nicest collectibles I own. Can't wait to display Rex and Ray together!

Inconsistent paint, like some areas will be much darker than others. Electronics not working properly. Some joints way too loose. Crooked jaw on the cockpit (mine) and the jaw does not stay completely closed (I've seen this on many REXs on Youtube, and it happened to mine)

If yours is indeed perfect, then it's definitely one of the odd ones out. Every single REX figure that I've heard about came with QC issues - mostly either weak joints or paint scuffs.

Mine actually had a rail gun with an uneven gap in the seam. I still have to post pictures of it, though...

With all the horror stories I've been hearing about the 3A Rex, I just makes me more conflicted about RAY, as the latest pic below looks really, really good.

BlGC9BBCAAAjULY.jpg:large

Lots of greatness is in this pic! Im not sure ive seen that badass artwork before. I really do hope Kotobukia make REX and RAY in figure form!
Wow Ray looks great here. Its a shame its way too big(and expensive) for me to get, would look great with my REX.

BTW heres some unpublished art Yoji made for the PeaceWalker book. Brace yourselves for the last one!

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-31.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-16.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-27.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-20.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-14.jpg

drumrollllll...

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-18.jpg

more here!
https://www.metalgearsolid.be/apercu-artworks-inedits-de-yoji-shinkawa-roman-peace-walker-1576.html

I pre-ordered the MGS1 limited edition print last night.

Not cheap with the Flexiglass option. Gonna cost about £400 when it's all paid for :horror

I'll be 1 of 500 to own it though :yess

Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 12.36.03.jpg

Nah I don't mean I'm the first edition number, I meant I'm one of 500 people who will own it

No idea what number edition the print will be until I get it

The preorder price (50%) for the flexiglass is €225 euros

And that's only half the price. I gotta pay another €250 once is released In July for the remaining balance + shipping

It'll be big in $

just looked it up, about $700 delivered I think

Last edited:
Lots of greatness is in this pic! Im not sure ive seen that badass artwork before. I really do hope Kotobukia make REX and RAY in figure form!
Wow Ray looks great here. Its a shame its way too big(and expensive) for me to get, would look great with my REX.

BTW heres some unpublished art Yoji made for the PeaceWalker book. Brace yourselves for the last one!

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-31.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-16.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-27.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-20.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-14.jpg

drumrollllll...

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-roman-artworks-yoji-shinkawa-18.jpg

more here!
https://www.metalgearsolid.be/apercu-artworks-inedits-de-yoji-shinkawa-roman-peace-walker-1576.html

Those are amazing. Feast on my reps!!

Back