Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check this ps3 out! i think it has some AMAZING work, not sure if anyones seen it yet.

tumblr_my0jpnhhPx1sr718wo1_500.jpg

kinda puts mine to shame but at least mines cooler (temp wise)

8711432653_fac1ced369_c.jpg

That's awesome Jason, and so is yours, is that a fan to extract heat?

I should probably take apart my PS3 since it's almost 4 years old now. I've taken apart PS1s, both versions of the PS2s, and the fat PS3 before all to do lens and dust cleaning, but never a slim PS3. Hope it's not more complicated than the past consoles I've worked on.

Last edited:
Redoing my platinum trophies for MGS2/3 HD because I'm slowly converting my secondary PSN account into my primary account. I LOVE the "transfarring" feature, now I can play while at work AND earn DOUBLE trophies! :yess:

Hi guys, long time no writing, happy holidays too all!
I wanted to ask the following:
How good/bad does HT Snake with the head of Medicom Naked Snake?
and, can you use the Medicom's Snake suit with a HT body? you know, for scaling up the figure?

Hi guys, long time no writing, happy holidays too all!
I wanted to ask the following:
How good/bad does HT Snake with the head of Medicom Naked Snake?
and, can you use the Medicom's Snake suit with a HT body? you know, for scaling up the figure?

Well the Medicom isn't 12 inches, so the suit probably wouldn't fit the HT at all. Medicom's is faithful to Yoji Shinkawa's artwork but it doesn't look like the game model. The Hot Toys Snake doesn't look like the game model or the artwork as it was based off a one shot render for the 3DS version of MGS3.

Well the Medicom isn't 12 inches, so the suit probably wouldn't fit the HT at all. Medicom's is faithful to Yoji Shinkawa's artwork but it doesn't look like the game model. The Hot Toys Snake doesn't look like the game model or the artwork as it was based off a one shot render for the 3DS version of MGS3.

Plus the medicom neck part does not fit with any of the HT body except for TTM22 which is too skinny IMO.

I've seen some cool customs with it, I thought might been easier to do but... oh well, it's good to not own those figs, I would be constantly notice botch of their inaccuracies :p

Oh and one other thing, I'm planing to buy a kotobukiya rex, you guys consider it a nice figure? With all the complains I have seen with the 3A one, I wanna go safe and buy a tiny but surelly better Rex, I can't live myself without having at least 1 mecha of the series (really tired of big boss override, glad Im gonna skip GZ version to get TPP one)

I've seen some cool customs with it, I thought might been easier to do but... oh well, it's good to not own those figs, I would be constantly notice botch of their inaccuracies :p

Oh and one other thing, I'm planing to buy a kotobukiya rex, you guys consider it a nice figure? With all the complains I have seen with the 3A one, I wanna go safe and buy a tiny but surelly better Rex, I can't live myself without having at least 1 mecha of the series (really tired of big boss override, glad Im gonna skip GZ version to get TPP one)

You can't go wrong with the Koto REX, just sucks it's not pre-painted.

Quick question to Metal Gear fans. I'm thinking of buying a 1/6 scale Naked Snake. Question is, do I go with the Hot Toys (Not a big fan of the sneaking suit) or the Medicom RAF? Does anyone have any thoughts on quality of the RAF?

Thanks!

Quick question to Metal Gear fans. I'm thinking of buying a 1/6 scale Naked Snake. Question is, do I go with the Hot Toys (Not a big fan of the sneaking suit) or the Medicom RAF? Does anyone have any thoughts on quality of the RAF?

Thanks!

Well the Hot Toys has much higher quality, and the moveability is about the same or better to the Medicom. And considering the Medicoms are like the same price, I'd go with the Hot Toys version.

I own both by the way.

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with the Koto REX, just sucks it's not pre-painted.
and not pre-built :gah:

Thanks!
(are you talking about the RAH ones?)
I own both as well, but I have always like the medicom one (zombie ver.) better than HT despite the short comings and problems it has.

and not pre-built :gah:

(are you talking about the RAH ones?)
I own both as well, but I have always like the medicom one (zombie ver.) better than HT despite the short comings and problems it has.

Yeah I'd say it's a personal preference thing. I only own the Croc Cap version.

And I don't mind they're not built, I have fun building kits.

I like the rahs better although i hear that the bodies are brittle, something i havent encountered with mine. Ive put them in some highly articulated poses but never broke one, knock on wood. If anything, as with all 1/6 figs turn the shoulders at the joint and not by the arm or you may snap one.

Yeah the bodies on the old Medicom figures are tiny and fragile but in appearance the Medicom Snake got the Hot Toys Snake beat. It's just that since the Hot Toys Snake was made half a decade later, it has higher quality.

I hate the sculpt on the Hot Toys Snake.

Who got infractions on my thread closing? Sucks that it went down like that. If this happens to the mgs collectibles thread then im out. Its beyond me why this thread hasnt been riddled with nonsense too.

Back