Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom isn't even trying anymore. I will not reward them for that.

Agreed... My first 1/6th figure was the Tiger Stripe Snake so I'm used to their prices... but next to Hot Toys, Medicom just doesn't give you your money's worth. I doubt it'll get any better though; even if the MGS4 RAH's didn't do so well stateside, it seems that their Asian market is more than enough to keep them happy so it'll probably be more of the same...

I guess our only hope is that they're still making MGS collectibles at all. I mean I was genuinely surprised when they continued after the Zombie Snake since most of their licenses will end with one/two figures tops. At least there's more variety with the Kubricks and hopefully they'll stop going back to the well and give us what we want in the RAH line too...

Normally, I wouldn't really care b/c I wasn't too interested in him much, but it does make me nervous about the the two re-releases this winter

I still think that they'll be straight-up re-releases of the original releases... And I still think that we should reserve judgment on the Cold War Snake too until we actually have it in our grubby paws. It figures that they'd re-release the two I already have :lol

I'm SO tempted... If it weren't for the fact that I'm completing my Naked Snake costume in time for Halloween (throat mic, Colt holster, replica STABO harness) I'd be VERY tempted...

Normally, I wouldn't really care b/c I wasn't too interested in him much, but it does make me nervous about the the two re-releases this winter

I'm glad we are getting a rerelease. I was planning on getting this POS and switching his outfit with something resembling the Tiger Stripe. But luckly we're getting the old ones again. Still I dont think they are going to end up looking like this. Just a straight up rerelease.

I still think that they'll be straight-up re-releases of the original releases... And I still think that we should reserve judgment on the Cold War Snake too until we actually have it in our grubby paws. It figures that they'd re-release the two I already have :lol

I'm glad we are getting a rerelease. I was planning on getting this POS and switching his outfit with something resembling the Tiger Stripe. But luckly we're getting the old ones again. Still I dont think they are going to end up looking like this. Just a straight up rerelease.

that's really good to know. I was just worried for a second, that's all

man i would love to one one of these but they ares sooooo pricey!!! i'm not paying $300 or more one ebay! that's nuts!

I already did - twice, in fact :eek:. But, I can't say that I regret my decision. By far, the Croc Cap Snake is one of the most beautiful figures ever produced. Of course, if Medicom decides to release the Croc Cap, I'll probably kick myself in the nard.

Yeah I hear you. I managed to get the Tiger Stripe and Zombie Snakes around their initial releases for reasonable prices but I can only sympathize with the people who paid premium prices only to see the rerelease... Having said that, I'd still like a Croc Cap myself...

But speaking of premium prices, I really want a Hot Toys Corporal Hicks but 500+... God I hope they go back to Aliens...

Yeah I hear you. I managed to get the Tiger Stripe and Zombie Snakes around their initial releases for reasonable prices but I can only sympathize with the people who paid premium prices only to see the rerelease... Having said that, I'd still like a Croc Cap myself...

But speaking of premium prices, I really want a Hot Toys Corporal Hicks but 500+... God I hope they go back to Aliens...

DX Aliens Marines!!!!!:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

I agree. I like to see re-releases of these collectibles from time to time. I missed out on the Snake figures, so this was a great surprise for me and I'm ecstatic that I can have them now. I have all of the Colonial Marines, but I wouldn't be bothered a bit if they released new ones. I'd probably buy them too.

I'm in this hobby because I love the properties that these collectibles are based on and I don't ever buy a figure or statue because I plan to make big bucks in the future. I have them because I really enjoy them. I really don't think collectibles are a very good to build wealth anyway.

DX Aliens Marines!!!!!:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Do I smell the beginnings of a mass petition to Hot Toys? :D

I'm in this hobby because I love the properties that these collectibles are based on and I don't ever buy a figure or statue because I plan to make big bucks in the future. I have them because I really enjoy them. I really don't think collectibles are a very good to build wealth anyway.

Hear hear. The things that we do for our figures... Metal Gear is one of my top three properties in the world, with Star Wars being one of the other ones, and I've dropped a solid grand on a single 1/6th figure, the figure in question being Vancei's custom Anakin.

I mean I guess that's kinda the dilemma that we're faced with... As collectors, if we deem it's worth $500 and you have the $500, then you'll buy it, like the Hot Toys Hicks or the RAH MGS's. It's just too bad that there aren't as many retailers/people in the industry who can relate to that as there are scalpers...

At the same time though I do think that we have it off pretty great, as opposed to twenty or even ten years ago. So I'm not complaining... TOO much :lol

Hot Toys has an official page on Facebook so I went straight over and told them if they like money, they need to redo the Marines :lol

So, in all, Cold War Snake's perma-tan doesn't look bad. Overall, it looks like a good figure for customization. The pics below aren't mine, by the way, I got them from an Ebay auction.

09sep17_mga_5.jpg

09sep17_mga_7.jpg

09sep17_mga_8.jpg

09sep17_mga_4.jpg

09sep17_mga_11.jpg

Yeah i saw those,that`s ABC-Express`auction.

If i can get this for around 100 bucks i might bite,but not worth a penny more imo.

On a side note:
I found a review of Old Snake on YouTube that made me chuckle. Not only does this guy believe that his Old Snake figure is the best figure in the world, but he spent $175 for it! Sort of reminds me of myself, when I first got Old Snake - that is, until the #### hit the fan, and I finally saw how crappy the figure was. Check the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1R54b8BrR8&feature=player_profilepage

On a side note:
I found a review of Old Snake on YouTube that made me chuckle. Not only does this guy believe that his Old Snake figure is the best figure in the world, but he spent $175 for it! Sort of reminds me of myself, when I first got Old Snake - that is, until the #### hit the fan, and I finally saw how crappy the figure was. Check the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1R54b8BrR8&feature=player_profilepage

Lol I just left him a message that he needs to look for some Hot Toys and Enterbay stuff. Medicom used to be good, but they need to get their crap together as of late because Hot Toys is 100x better in every way possible.

Back