Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been lurking around and checking out everyone's 3A Rex. So impressed by the size of it and I always feel electronic makes things better!

Unfortunately, having never spent over £300 on any one collectible, I've had to settle for the 1/100 Kotobukiya kit. And not having the paint skills of rampagesss, I've just went for a straight build w/ panel lining.

Honestly, I like the Kotobukiya rex way more than my 3A rex. The damn thing barely stays up under it's own weight and the missile pods fall off too easily. The Koto Rex is amazing. I loved assembling it. It's way easier to pose and I think it's the perfect size.

Honestly, I like the Kotobukiya rex way more than my 3A rex. The damn thing barely stays up under it's own weight and the missile pods fall off too easily. The Koto Rex is amazing. I loved assembling it. It's way easier to pose and I think it's the perfect size.

:goodpost::exactly:

I think for the scale of the 3A REX, it needed much sturdier joints. I think if it was knocked down a scale it might of been magnificent.

I've had him in box for months now, but I decided to unpack my Metal Boss BDU version and White Raiden. Second picture is terrible, but I can never get good lighting on that shelf for some reason.

3FTEd0K.jpg

K06aS3v.jpg

What are the boxed figures in the back? Gray Fox

I've had him in box for months now, but I decided to unpack my Metal Boss BDU version and White Raiden. Second picture is terrible, but I can never get good lighting on that shelf for some reason.

3FTEd0K.jpg

K06aS3v.jpg

Late to the game as usual but i finally get my Rising Raiden tomorrow, along with Guile

Which Raiden? Black I'm guessing. I get my Ryu either tonight or tomorrow. I was going to bale on that line after I got Chun Li and Cammy but they got Ken and Sakura so I need to complete it.

3FTEd0K.jpg

K06aS3v.jpg

Nice stuff CD! Believe me, you're pics look beautiful compared to the **** my camera does. Are you going to try to get the rest of the Power Ranger Raidens?

Tomorrow I will put up shots of my Black, White and Yellow Raidens.

Yeah finally... only 2 months late. I've got the same worries as Kiva though as we ordered from the same place. I just hope it doesn't have a dirty face or else i will not be happy, or an upside down armour plate like CQC

Ryu is pretty good man, i had a play around with him over the weekend. Will you be getting Guile? I'll post a pic of him on Monday when i get him in the PAK thread

Which Raiden? Black I'm guessing. I get my Ryu either tonight or tomorrow. I was going to bale on that line after I got Chun Li and Cammy but they got Ken and Sakura so I need to complete it.

Nice stuff CD! Believe me, you're pics look beautiful compared to the **** my camera does. Are you going to try to get the rest of the Power Ranger Raidens?

Tomorrow I will put up shots of my Black, White and Yellow Raidens.

Last edited:
Yeah finally... only 2 months late. I've got the same worries as Kiva though as we ordered from the same place. I just hope it doesn't have a dirty face or else i will not be happy, or an upside down armour plate like CQC

Ryu is pretty good man, i had a play around with him over the weekend. Will you be getting Guile? I'll post a pick of him on Monday when i get him in the PAK thread

I have a little deal with myself that every pay check I'm going to buy 1 PAK of either the Arkham line or Street Fighter line I don't have yet. So yeah I will get Guile, Ibuki, Ken and Sakura. I still need AC Batman, Catwoman, Robin, and DKR Batman.

My first White Raiden was slightly dirty faced too. It's luck of the draw. Kiva finally got confirmation yesterday I believe that he's getting his.

Yeah i saw his posts on the last page. I haven't gotten into the Batman PAK line. Never fancied them i didn't like the proportions or the paint apps. Hoping HT will just do us proud with those. (Actually Catwoman was good)

I've got the rest of the SF line on PO and i'll naturally be snapping up the rest of the MGS line and FF.

Looking forward to seeing who these show next for MGS. There's so many GOOD choices they quite possibly will choose too so it makes it even more fun :monkey3

I have a little deal with myself that every pay check I'm going to buy 1 PAK of either the Arkham line or Street Fighter line I don't have yet. So yeah I will get Guile, Ibuki, Ken and Sakura. I still need AC Batman, Catwoman, Robin, and DKR Batman.

My first White Raiden was slightly dirty faced too. It's luck of the draw. Kiva finally got confirmation yesterday I believe that he's getting his.

Yeah i saw his posts on the last page. I haven't gotten into the Batman PAK line. Never fancied them i didn't like the proportions or the paint apps. Hoping HT will just do us proud with those. (Actually Catwoman was good)

I've got the rest of the SF line on PO and i'll naturally be snapping up the rest of the MGS line and FF.

Looking forward to seeing who these show next for MGS. There's so many GOOD choices they quite possibly will choose too so it makes it even more fun :monkey3

If the next MGS PAK is MGS2 again, it will definitely be Snake. They put out 4 Big Boss figures so I think Snake is due.

The Arkham Asylum figures are just OK. I had an arm fall out of the socket to my Batman and the Joker has awful quality and is very fragile.

It's a shame as well because the character designs are really good

I'm praying it's MGS2 Snake. I've been thinking and i'd really like a Psycho Mantis and Sniper Wolf

Hell actually ALL of Foxhound.

If the next MGS PAK is MGS2 again, it will definitely be Snake. They put out 4 Big Boss figures so I think Snake is due.

The Arkham Asylum figures are just OK. I had an arm fall out of the socket to my Batman and the Joker has awful quality and is very fragile.

It's a shame as well because the character designs are really good

I'm praying it's MGS2 Snake. I've been thinking and i'd really like a Psycho Mantis and Sniper Wolf

Hell actually ALL of Foxhound.

:exactly::goodpost:

I think Raven would be impossible since he would have to be literally 12+ inches tall and his accessories (Vulcan cannon and ammo drum) would be enormous. Solidus didn't sell well because of his price, although he's well worth it considering how great a figure he is.

Yeah id they would have sold him for £85 they would have sold alot better because as you say, it's a great figure

Agreed on Raven although i do kinda want him looking all monstrous and towering over the rest. It'd probably look outta place but man would he look cool

I'd personally like an Otacon too but i doubt he'd sell well

:exactly::goodpost:

I think Raven would be impossible since he would have to be literally 12+ inches tall and his accessories (Vulcan cannon and ammo drum) would be enormous. Solidus didn't sell well because of his price, although he's well worth it considering how great a figure he is.

Finally, people are posting pics. I thought I was the only one posting/collecting. Nice bdu pose I like it. Keep it up. Plis, congrats. Post some badass pics of your raidens. I think the yellow version is my new favorite of the 5.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Finally, people are posting pics. I thought I was the only one posting/collecting. Nice bdu pose I like it. Keep it up. Plis, congrats. Post some badass pics of your raidens. I think the yellow version is my new favorite of the 5.

Will do Jason. I need to decide a good pose for him.

Just got home and checked out Raiden (haven't unboxed him yet) I see what you mean Jason, it might end up being my current favorite color scheme too. The dark blue on the subtle white is such an excellent contrast. It was my favorite skin for the Raiden body in Rising too.

He gave me snacks, just like he did with you.

Last edited:
Hahaha nice, did you get a thanks for the ez lay note too? I mean of course the price we paid. Yeah the midnight blue and pale grey looks sick. Can't wait to see red. Is it just me or does the red one look more pink/orange? Maybe all the in hand pics are poor from what has been released. Its gonna look so sick in my rising cabinet to have all the LEs, raidens, 4 sets of gekkou, and any follow up characters from the game. They'd be stupid after 5 raidens not to make the others in the game.

Back