Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fill me in guys, what's with the hate on Ashley Wood? I'm not familiar with his work outside of MGS and a few comic books.

Basically we project our hatred toward 3A to him more or less. It's hard to say how much he actually does for 3A aside for the artwork, but their business practices are terrible and their figures are highly uncreative and it's easy to pick him out to blame seeing that there really isn't anyone else to mention.

An upgrade version of my OLD SNAKE.
Switch the tan web gear with all black web gear and painted a new head and this time installed the solid eye patch.

P1060072_zps55b070ed.jpg

P1060073_zps38d26db4.jpg

P1060074_zpsea5bd582.jpg

I like it elvis it looks like the beginning of the game when it's loading when the suits all dark I like that look the best

Sent from the Shell by codec.

An upgrade version of my OLD SNAKE.
Switch the tan web gear with all black web gear and painted a new head and this time installed the solid eye patch.

P1060072_zps55b070ed.jpg

P1060073_zps38d26db4.jpg

P1060074_zpsea5bd582.jpg

Demon, you are el Diablo! :p

I like that sculpt, i think the eye specifically is great. Looks better than HTs

Shouldn't that kind of negative response warrant a statement from him? I know Todd McFarlane has spoke out on his figures before, why not Ashley Wood?

What do you mean? I don't think he cares. I think it boils down to 3A just not being for me. I used to be really excited for their products, but after seeing variant after variant and every figure being 50% the same I just cannot get into it anymore, but I can see how lovers of the style prefer the figures looking very similar to each other. Either way he needs to stay away from actual licenses.

What do you mean? I don't think he cares. I think it boils down to 3A just not being for me. I used to be really excited for their products, but after seeing variant after variant and every figure being 50% the same I just cannot get into it anymore, but I can see how lovers of the style prefer the figures looking very similar to each other. Either way he needs to stay away from actual licenses.

Metal Gear Solid as a whole is much much bigger than 3A on it's own, I just don't see you delay and delay and not keep the buyers informed of your biggest release. It doesn't help that Ash controls absolutely everything and doesn't have other people delegate information or at least have control over updating the blog.

Choosing stupid electronics over articulation is inexcusable and I still can't believe that Kojima and Shinkawa thought that was the right way to go.

My bad, I thought you meant 3A products suffer from QC or delay issues or something. I think he should care nonetheless, he knows his company has disappointed tons of MGS fans.

Metal Gear Solid as a whole is much much bigger than 3A on it's own, I just don't see you delay and delay and not keep the buyers informed of your biggest release. It doesn't help that Ash controls absolutely everything and doesn't have other people delegate information or at least have control over updating the blog.

Choosing stupid electronics over articulation is inexcusable and I still can't believe that Kojima and Shinkawa thought that was the right way to go.

At this rate, 3A should imagine how excited we are to lay down the cash for RAY. :thud:

Oh that's what you thought I was saying? Well 3A products do suffer from constant delays and quality control issues. They might as well be guaranteed features :lol

Oh that's what you thought I was saying? Well 3A products do suffer from constant delays and quality control issues. They might as well be guaranteed features :lol

That's painful to hear. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my Rex PO. I'm not sure if I'll give 3A another chance with RAY.

Screw it, if it's the mass-produced, no-tail version of RAY I'm not getting it. Better off getting the 89, Adam West and Nolan Batmobiles instead, those are much safer bets than this 3A fiasco.

Well if you don't want to play your hand in the aftermarket then might as well just cancel you can easily get a full refund from 3A if you ask. One of the benefits to them having no organization is that they basically let you do whatever you want so long as you email them.

Merry Christmas metal gear fans :D

Happy holidays to all u guys here.

Regarding 3A .... Yeah, nothing much to say about them which haven't been said. The 3A distributor here is a great guy though, always keeping contact with everyone with update (& delays) of each and every piece and once he knew I'm MGS fan he personally said that RAY will be on display @ Thailand Toy Expo next month... So I might still be interested in RAY.

About REX, if I were u guys i wouldn't return or cancel my PO just yet. Patiently wait and judge the piece once u have it in hand. The option to resell it is always there for u.

Despite the short comings, it's a "wow factor" in my collection.

001kr.png

002qw.png

004ix.png

Cancelling is abit over dramatic if its just about delays in release. I personally have the patients, my only gripes are with the colour and head articulation. I think you should wait it out and if your dissapointed when it arrives then sell it on for profit, no worries!

Im overall a little dissapointed with the MGS figures. They all have these simple issues that stop them from being truly great. Like playarts Snakes face sculpt, foxs colouring and lack of open mask HTs Naked Snakes suit. For me the best one is Play Arts BigBoss since hes actually accurate to the character in PeaceWalker, and i don't even like BigBoss!

Cancelling is abit over dramatic if its just about delays in release. I personally have the patients, my only gripes are with the colour and head articulation. I think you should wait it out and if your dissapointed when it arrives then sell it on for profit, no worries!

Im overall a little dissapointed with the MGS figures. They all have these simple issues that stop them from being truly great. Like playarts Snakes face sculpt, foxs colouring and lack of open mask HTs Naked Snakes suit. For me the best one is Play Arts BigBoss since hes actually accurate to the character in PeaceWalker, and i don't even like BigBoss!

It's funny you said that since I think the BDU Big Boss PAK is the best figure in the line and I hate that I like it the most. :slap

Back