Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ noticed that too, you'd think they would get rid of that though if it's the sneaking suit version they are referring to

Last edited:
Really? You didn't find 2 repetitive and kinda bland in terms of style? It's all a matter of opinion, but I thought it had some of the weakest characters and the scenery doesn't change much.

I would say MGS3 has that prize, at least in character. MGS2 only had that blandness in the Plant (except the underwater entrance), but the Tanker was cool and Arsenal was amazing.
In terms of the characters MGS2 was fantastic. Snake, Raiden, Olga, Fortune, Vamp and Solidus were all amazing designs. I would love to see all of them in figure form. MGS3 was quite bland in that respect, it was just fatigues all around.

for me its MGS1>2>4 in terms of cool design. But MGS4 had the most interesting and complex designs of the series

Metal Gear Solid 2 was the greatest sequel in the series. And it got bland in scenery? Sure, but it's not like you can find a jungle area on the Big Shell >_>

And speaking of which, you say it's bland yet I found it to be the only other MGS besides MGS1 where I wanted to investigate every room in the game for all the designs in it. MGS3 had that to a degree with me, and MGS4 I was completely disinterested in, except for Act 4.

:dunno To each their own. I'd spend money on a figure from the Cobra Unit before Dead Cell, hands down.

I would take the End, that's it. He was the only one that stood out and actually had personality.

Of course Solidus Snake alone is the best thing out of both units (I'm not counting the Boss since she is coming out anyway)

In gauging how much Rex is worth, I keep forgetting I have the Bambaland exclusive version on order. I wonder if the small differences will lead to a significant difference in aftermarket value for it.

In gauging how much Rex is worth, I keep forgetting I have the Bambaland exclusive version on order. I wonder if the small differences will lead to a significant difference in aftermarket value for it.

Hard to tell. This is a first for something like this. I know there are hardcore MGS collectors out there but I have no clue if they play the exclusive game like statue/HT collectors do. But to answer your question my guess would be yes. I mean the EX version was a one time only,limited time frame thing right? Cannot remember how long preorder was up on Bambaland...but I imagine there wasnt a ****load ordered,my guess well below 500. Dunno.
I do see the reg version already selling on the bay from anywhere between $650-$700 so there is already an 25% markup on him. In time I could see the EX selling for $800-$900 and maybe even higher if no other company tackles a Rex like this.

"You! You doubt my power!?" I think this Psycho Mantis came out good, I kinda rushed the rear portrait though.

2hmewb4.jpg

Back