Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bambaland buyers really got screwed...

I talked to cs and seeing as im away from Xmas till the first week of 2013. They said they'll hold mine back if its not sent to me by then. Which is awesome. You can say alot about 3A but their customer service is fantastic

I talked to cs and seeing as im away from Xmas till the first week of 2013. They said they'll hold mine back if its not sent to me by then. Which is awesome. You can say alot about 3A but their customer service is fantastic

Oh I know they are superb, but the all the blunders the past year with REX is very disheartening.

Welp, at least for us Bambaland PO's they've been long paid off, so it won't be a hit towards our xmas or figure funds for later this year :)

meryl didnt come in today. wtf. fedex sent through usps and its still in route. i could have driven to the town its stuck in its so close to me. this is bs. i havent gotten anything new in a long time so i was looking foward to today. oh well just my luck...............

Thats why i try not to think about it when ive got something. usually your set up for disappointed

Welp, at least for us Bambaland PO's they've been long paid off, so it won't be a hit towards our xmas or figure funds for later this year :)

true that. Way too many collectables and games. And thats just on the Metal Gear front!

true that. Way too many collectables and games. And thats just on the Metal Gear front!

Too true on collectible front...especially closer to Xmas...it's like there is a shadow union of companies, which produce a lot of tempting stuff, in order to take all our money :)

Bambaland buyers really got screwed...

It actually depends on point of perspective. There are pros and cons...

Bambalandstore pre-order happened 7 days before Sideshow started offering retail version of REX for instance. In terms of production, it means the same time. Bambalandstore customers, got it for 490USD shipped , with Snake Pilot and poster. I know that in US you have very low shipping rates, even for something this big, but for instance for customers in Europe or South America - it was a huge deal and benefit.

It's very sad that Bambalandstore customers ain't getting their REX earlier and ain't getting it first, but unfortunately that's how it went with KOJIMA and approving Snake pilot design. You know how they love their beast and want everything to be as close to their vision , as possible in the given situation.

So far, only first batch of REX shipped to retailers and more coming out in November (and Bambalandstore orders will be among them as well).

Again, I'm sorry for extra wait and huge thank you goes to every REX customer for your patience.

I hope that in 10 hours from now, I'll be able to share another review of REX, this time by Knives from Rad Toys Review.

Last edited:
What Furyan said (btw cool avatar)
Im from Chile and I want to buy the 3A Rex...where, how and how much may it cost for me the item, shipped included?

Im from Chile and I want to buy the 3A Rex...where, how and how much may it cost for me the item, shipped included?

Both the retail and Bambaland versions are sold out, so Ebay is your best chance at getting REX now. If you're fortunate, you might be able to get it for $500. Although, I've seen it sell for much higher.

Hey If I were you Id would jump on Sideshow Collectables waiting list like ASAP. That would be your best bet to get him at retail price. Otherwise Ive seen him going for 650 shipped on Ebay and that is the cheapest price. Good luck to you.

Head Moderator of the 3A forums. Anything he says comes directly from 3A.

There are more things on my plate than this, but yes, thank you for introduction :)

About that review by Rad Toys Review, first why I keep talking about this: because it's should be first detailed review done in English, Brodie aka Knives (person who does the review) isn't blogging for many years, but I enjoy his reviews and how seriously he does them.

For example here is one of his latest reviews.

So, Brodie contacted me earlier today and said that he needs an extra day for editing photos and review will be live tomorrow.

Btw, speaking about reviews...once RAY will be done next year, maybe there is a specific person who specializes in MGS collectibles reviews, who will be the main person to do it? I'm sure you all know a lot more about MGS world than me.

There are more things on my plate than this, but yes, thank you for introduction :)

About that review by Rad Toys Review, first why I keep talking about this: because it's should be first detailed review done in English, Brodie aka Knives (person who does the review) isn't blogging for many years, but I enjoy his reviews and how seriously he does them.

For example here is one of his latest reviews.

So, Brodie contacted me earlier today and said that he needs an extra day for editing photos and review will be live tomorrow.

Btw, speaking about reviews...once RAY will be done next year, maybe there is a specific person who specializes in MGS collectibles reviews, who will be the main person to do it? I'm sure you all know a lot more about MGS world than me.

Well first off hello from a 3A Rex fan and MGS whore. Really like what Ive seen of Rex so far. I know nothing can be perfect so I will take what I can get,which is a kick ass figure. Great work. I am a little disappointed with the lack of head articulation or more so not being told it would be omitted before I purchased it. Could you clarify why it took so long to get this info to us fans? I assume it was known by 3A before preorders went live? I did not hear about it until months down the line but maybe it was posted on the 3A blogs beforehand? Also when the Bambaland orders are shipped will we recieve a email stating so? Thanks for the updates yo.

i dont mind the wait , its good i paid it off, actually, if i hadnt the last 2 months and next 2 months are pretty hard on the wallet lol,

Got mine...
rex013.png

rex20.png

Well, it's green - no doubt about it.

Got mine...
rex013.png

rex20.png

Well, it's green - no doubt about it.

Congrats!

I've kind of come to terms with the green. Does the beak light in the very front of the cockpit light up? No picture has shown that and it came from the engineer that it did. It just looks light piped to me.

Well first off hello from a 3A Rex fan and MGS whore. Really like what Ive seen of Rex so far. I know nothing can be perfect so I will take what I can get,which is a kick ass figure. Great work. I am a little disappointed with the lack of head articulation or more so not being told it would be omitted before I purchased it. Could you clarify why it took so long to get this info to us fans? I assume it was known by 3A before preorders went live? I did not hear about it until months down the line but maybe it was posted on the 3A blogs beforehand? Also when the Bambaland orders are shipped will we recieve a email stating so? Thanks for the updates yo.

Hello :)

Bambalandstore - unfortunately you will not get an automatic email about your status update, but you can send an inquiry to [email protected] and ask them to send you tracking number, once it enters the system.

Or right after I'll update ThreeA blog & our facebook page or twitter that it shipped. Of course, if it's convenient for you to stay in touch with any of the mentioned places. And I can post REX news here as well.

Head movement - I'll try to answer as precisely, as I can (even though I'm not the biggest expert in REX and MGS).

It's really unfortunate that few people thought that REX head moves left & right (based on MGS game), even though it wasn't directly mentioned anywhere.

Painted prototype photo (within a month from the sale):

https://i.imgur.com/4xgYC.jpg

First pics from KOJIMA twitter (some time before the sale):

https://i.imgur.com/eTFTW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0LFcx.jpg

Actual REX VOX newsletter crafted by Ashley Wood had photo of REX which went out before the sale:

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e/files/rexsheetvox.jpg

Same photo was at Bambalandstore in the store details.

Link to newsletter itself.

On all these photos there is no sign of left & right head movement, there is a mention of authentic articulation and that everything been approved by Konami and Yoji Shinkawa. I don't remember any major discussion on our forum about REX and head articulation in particular, until REX was shown on display at Re-Venture in April/May (3A exhibition at HK and it was discussion about it's color, as it was different on photos) and later few photos of production model surfaced at KOJIMA twitter (mostly people were talking about color and size though, here is one of his pics for example: https://i.imgur.com/i57kb.jpg ), REX thread at our forum was flooded with questions.

My reaction to head articulation discussion in the thread. I decided to contact the engineer and ask him about color (was it changed) and confirm absence of neck articulation, just to be 100% sure. Unfortunately he wasn't at the office and busy , so the answer came in four days, on August 24th: direct link.

In fact I remember that first major discussion we had, was right after the sale , but it was about screwholes, I informed Ashley Wood about it and it was decided that we will cover the most of them. So, as for the questions about REX: I started contacting engineer on regular basis with people's questions and gathering even more questions (was gathering all the questions for 24 hours), and all started with question about left & right movement.

So, what I wanted to say that this feature was never advertised on REX new prototype and actual pre-production model. Once there was an open discussion about this - I contacted the engineer and informed involved parties right there on the forum (since question was brought up on the forum).

I'm really sorry if some of you would like REX less, because of left & right head movement absence...I hope that once you will have him in hand, you will fell in love with this gigantic beast.

For future references (Ray for example, which happens in the first half of 2013): we always advice to contact our CS if there any questions or problems with the orders. After each order at Bambalandstore, there is an automatic email, informing people to contact [email protected] if they have any questions, so if somebody would contact CS about head articulation, they would give precise answer straight away, as they work in the same office and it's easier for them to contact production team or engineer for answers.

edit: typos and checking stuff for proper timeline and precise answer

Last edited:
Back