Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call bs on that, since you're acting like someone hit your baby by criticizing ThreeA. Cool story bro :lol.

Their all like that, their like a horde of locusts if anyone says anything criticizing their product or company. If you say it on their forum your told to shut up and just believe in the 2nd coming of Christ Ashley Wood. They really are a uptight hipster community that can't handle constructive criticism.

You take the prize for spouting the single most ignorant thing I've read on these boards. Congratulations.

Not everyone is a drooling fan boy of that overrated company dude.

Last edited:
Blackmagic seems like a baby. i never see him in here yet hes gonna come in 1 time and bash our comments!?!?!?! STFU all ashley woods figures are boring, mediocre, and fragile. they need to be sent back and fixed. i wish he wasnt making mgs stuff. these guys are right his art is not up to par. it seems erratic and rushed. im not trolling the thread im telling it like it is and i am not going to apologize. none needed. thats what forums are for. rip on!; plissken and solidus!

Last edited:
Blackmagic seems like a baby. i never see him in here yet hes gonna come in 1 time and bash our comments!?!?!?! STFU all ashley woods figures are boring, mediocre, and fragile. they need to be sent back and fixed. i wish he wasnt making mgs stuff. these guys are right his art is not up to par. it seems erratic and rushed. im not trolling the thread im telling it like it is and i am not going to apologize. none needed. thats what forums are for. rip on!; plissken and solidus!

:exactly:

This is a very active and honest message board, if you can't handle reasonable criticism don't post here. It's not like were bias toward Hot Toys over 3A, most of us are annoyed with them as well. At least here your entitled to your opinion and your not hushed over it.

Cool videos of Shinkawa. I agree, he has an incredible ability to make a technically accurate illustration using minimal illustration. Like Solidus mentioned he has the ability also to maintain consistency of look and proportion of the character whenever he draws it. His accuracy of drawing combat gear and equipment is awesome as well. You can tell that he researched the stuff, it's accurate down to the stitching.

think you guys are too harsh on BlackMagic. 3A is awesome
I for one am a fan of Ashs' artwork, its just a beautiful dirty and unique art style. You can't deny how he brings his art to life.

Its only problem is that it takes forever to release figures that you bought but on the other hand his figures are truley exclusives and have great resale value.

Don't forget if it wasn't for 3A there would be no REX figure!

I for one am a fan of Ashs' artwork, its just a beautiful dirty and unique art style. You can't deny how he brings his art to life.

Its only problem is that it takes forever to release figures that you bought but on the other hand his figures are truley exclusives and have great resale value.

I wouldn't say we were any harder than how some 3A community members can be when we talk about "God."

They have amazing paint jobs, and intricate articulation (aside from the travesty that is REX's head) but that is as far as it goes in my opinion. Buy up some other licenses and it might turn me. But this dropping 500$ bucks and sit and wait **** I can't do. They just took money for REX and never keep their clientele informed on a actual ship date. No "it might be out this month" or "it's been pushed into October." All of it is pure speculation and nothing coming from anyone higher than their forum moderators who can only do so much.

He saw a few knocks against ThreeA that he didn't like, got emotional, and insulted every MGS fan in the thread with his first post. But, like I said - it's water under the bridge.

There are a few members who take issue with Ashley Wood, for whatever reason. But, I like his art style - it's unique to say the least. Wood is trying hard to get his name out, to becomes more of mainstream artist - especially when he's tackling licenses like MGS, Halo, and that "rock-em-sock-em robot thing" (forgot the name). That said, the Digital Graphic Novel of MGS was the first time that I was introduced to his work.

I can't wait for REX either. I just hope that it's well articulated, and without stiff joints (like what Monger experienced in his other figure). Basically, I just want something of quality that reflects what I paid for it - if that makes any sense at all :dunno.

i hear you but your last comment i dont agree with. kotobikuya is making a model kit that dedicated people will be able to build. if it wasnt 3a another company would make it. 3a only had an in beacause ashley drew for MGS. seems that thats the only reason for it.

on a side note, does anyone have the torture table parts for the mcfarlane MGS1 figs? id like to buy them if someone will part with them. thanks in advance!

well, it just came up for preorder so i think that it may go lower. this is the 1st price drop right? maybe itll be ------should i say it--------$50!?!?!?! doesnt matter, even if you guys PO with them if it goes lower than 70 you get it for that anyway. just actually seen it was slated for february! nice, considering i have so many POs already. i needed this to be that late out.

well, it just came up for preorder so i think that it may go lower. this is the 1st price drop right? maybe itll be ------should i say it--------$50!?!?!?! doesnt matter, even if you guys PO with them if it goes lower than 70 you get it for that anyway. just actually seen it was slated for february! nice, considering i have so many POs already. i needed this to be that late out.

It might not go any lower than this. But, if they do issue another price drop, it'll apply to all of the current orders as well.

A year in the making.
Longest wip figure.
Finally happy with my Solid Snake.

P1040813.jpg

P1040815.jpg

Just going back to this really quick, it would be great if someone could figure out how to make a "as accurate as possible" under suit for the MGS1 sneaking suit. The shoulders and upper arms seem to be the most unique part of the outfit which makes using all cloth a compromise. The way you have yours Elvis, it looks superb, but I just wonder if it's possible to figure out how to get that extra touch.. Hmm.. What material do you guys think best represents the sneaking suit? Something like what Hot Toys is doing with MGS3 Snake or cloth? I'm in no ways an expert on Solid Snake outfits, but would like to do the best I can on my custom.

I think what elvis used is the best to make it look real. In the game though like you said his torso is pretty sculpted out, i have no idea how to represent that without a type of plastic (hopefully HotToys knows lol)

i hear you but your last comment i dont agree with. kotobikuya is making a model kit that dedicated people will be able to build. if it wasnt 3a another company would make it. 3a only had an in beacause ashley drew for MGS. seems that thats the only reason for it.

Ain't no other company was or is gonna make a Rex of this size or calibre. Most people, like me, hate model kits(imo) and just want a rex figure.

I can't wait for REX either. I just hope that it's well articulated, and without stiff joints (like what Monger experienced in his other figure). Basically, I just want something of quality that reflects what I paid for it - if that makes any sense at all :dunno.

you definitely won't be disappointed in quality, 3A are actually an awesome toy company, its only fault being its ordering style.
Also stiff joints will be a good thing on a figure this size (although i didn't see mongers post). The last thing you'd want is a loose Rex. Judging from my figures though the joints don't really loosen up

You take the prize for spouting the single most ignorant thing I've read on these boards. Congratulations.

Whoa!!!! Thank you! Listen Black Magic I read all our posts up to this point. It's obvious you are trying to defend 3a. This board and these members are allowed to state there opinions if you don't agree then you don't agree. I did buy the Rex figure and I am waiting for it. Waiting does not bother me nor does the head not being able the articulate. Nothing from 3a has bothered me other then I do not understand the stuff they make or why they make it. I don't care for there figures(other then rex) or Ashley's artwork. I thing his designs and figures he makes are stupid.

Just going back to this really quick, it would be great if someone could figure out how to make a "as accurate as possible" under suit for the MGS1 sneaking suit. The shoulders and upper arms seem to be the most unique part of the outfit which makes using all cloth a compromise. The way you have yours Elvis, it looks superb, but I just wonder if it's possible to figure out how to get that extra touch.. Hmm.. What material do you guys think best represents the sneaking suit? Something like what Hot Toys is doing with MGS3 Snake or cloth? I'm in no ways an expert on Solid Snake outfits, but would like to do the best I can on my custom.

As it is now, Elvis has the best interpretation on the MGS suit. If you look at the illustrations, the suit is form fitting but it bunches above his boots. So a bodysuit isn't appropriate. The properties of the MGS sneaking suits are largely....imaginary....so trying to adapt an existing suit to it may prove challenging. That said, the suit Elvis used that came with the Konami figure is pretty damn good.

As it is now, Elvis has the best interpretation on the MGS suit. If you look at the illustrations, the suit is form fitting but it bunches above his boots. So a bodysuit isn't appropriate. The properties of the MGS sneaking suits are largely....imaginary....so trying to adapt an existing suit to it may prove challenging. That said, the suit Elvis used that came with the Konami figure is pretty damn good.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. It seems like you would need a really.. interesting blended material or something to get it just right. I'm thinking of maybe sculpting the details and gluing them to the figures arms, then soaking the material in glue or something and glueing it down in that area. I don't know, I'm just going over ways to make it work. It might just be too much, b/c I agree, what Elvis did is really damn good. :)

Back