Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
It's a pretty common tactic these days to do that. Putting in accessories or parts for other figures in order to entice additional purchases. This is a con exclusive though isn't it? Maybe that changed. It being an exclusive is more annoying to me than them simply including an extra accessory for an already released figure as I'm used to that.

Finally someone else is putting up shots. Looks great!

He REALLY has a hard time standing in any pose except upright though, no?

Ratcheting ankles are not a good idea.

Actually I find the opposite. He stands pretty well in crouches and wide stances but topples easily standing normally. I love the figure but will need a stand for him. Brings back memories of back when I bought more stuff like this. None of my 1/6 scale stuff ever falls over but the old early 2000's Japanese imports and McFarlane and Neca stuff fell over like clockwork. Much like Ninja, no matter how stable the pose seemed, suddenly without warning hours or even days after setting up, the toy will fall over.

It's a pretty common tactic these days to do that. Putting in accessories or parts for other figures in order to entice additional purchases. This is a con exclusive though isn't it? Maybe that changed. It being an exclusive is more annoying to me than them simply including an extra accessory for an already released figure as I'm used to that.

Yeah, I know you're right, but damn. I must have the open-faced helmet. Hopefully it'll show up on eBay.

I need it.

Actually I find the opposite. He stands pretty well in crouches and wide stances but topples easily standing normally.

Then I'm jealous. The ratcheting ankles and lack of an up/down toe/instep joint is maddening. Of course for shelf display I'll use a stand.

For pictures, my Gray Fox did quite a few face plants.

Kubricks rock.

100_0261.jpg

100_0100.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Love these little guys. Sam sparked me to look for the pics again.

:rock

Wow, what an _______ move from Square. The bastards know we want that extra head and they put it on a con-exclusive.

Anyway, the head really looks like the Artwork, more so than the Snake head-sculpt. Unfortunately the paint job looks poor. The figure is still sweet.
Not sure if i should wait for another version with the regular paint app + open mask.

also anyone else seen the teaser for Rising? Not to raise your expectations but there's no gameplay its just some live-action garbage.
Apparently new stuff on April 30th :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paUIfhjSUx0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

If it wasn't a con exclusive I would very possibly buy it since I kinda really want a Fox to display with the gun arm. I wasn't expecting to like it but I do really dig it a lot.

No I was saying I'd like to have two Fox's so I could display one with a sword and one with the gun. I already have the regular one. Posted pics a page or two back.

I was already considering grabbing another gold and blue Gray Fox since the one I got has a couple factory defects. Nothing major, just a scratch on his left knee, tiny bit of a loose left shoulder joint and weird white paint on his left hand. So now I get another one, I can throw this extra head on that one with the plasma rifle.

It really is terrible to do this to the consumers, it will be thrown up on eBay for probably 100+ >_>

Last edited:
The custom one a few pages back is a lot more impressive than the real head IMO. Id sooner grab one of those. the red fox is a good idea for a con exclusive though, Imagine if they made a tuxedo snake!!!:lol

How is it that none is talking about the snake eater hot toys figures? I thought everyone was waiting for them... now none seems to care lol

How is it that none is talking about the snake eater hot toys figures? I thought everyone was waiting for them... now none seems to care lol

They have their own threads. Go view it, read all the bashing on their headsculpts haha.

Back