Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50717580_395233571246066_3131511082724622336_o.jpg

Ok, a lot o questions:
1. Is this from weapon pack or for the new figure ?
2. Is weapon pack/accessory pack still in planing ?
3. As for weapon pack / accessory pack - combat knife, Walkman player and casing will be included ? (the lack for 003 and 004 releases)
4. As we have lack of designed stands in 003, 004 releases it would be cool to add some in this pack :)

I just got my final payment notice on the first 4 figures Solid Snake set a few days ago. I should have all three of the statues within a couple of weeks I assume.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hey guys I'm sorry to ask this but I'm a bit lost with all these 1/6 figures. How many are there at this point? I'm extremely excited to see that these new figs exist but I just want to be sure what I'm looking at online. On Ebay I see the LIM toys figure of Ishmael (BB in Biker Jacket) but then I see the other brand (WJL) selling the figure in desert fatigues. So its safe to assume that its TWO figures with each one made by a different producer? Once again forgive my ignorance but with two toddlers in hand I haven't had a chance to back track the thousands of posts here to verify this. Quite frankly I want both but I would like the figures to match up with each other relatively well since they're made by different sculptors etc. On an off topic note as well.... whats up with the baddies? I see that Ocelot is coming (which is great) but Metal gear merch has NEVER been kind to the villains over the years whether it be the play arts stuff, Medicom etc. I'd be thrilled with even a skullface at this point nevermind Liquid, all the old snipers and nuts that Snake has fought over the years. Imagine a 1/6 END from Snake Eater.... thats for another day I guess. Thanks MG fans!

in the 1/6 scale market for metal gear there are:

-4 official 1/6 scale based on solid snake, liquid snake, meryl and sniper wolf, manufactured by yamato in 2002

-hot toys naked snake from snake eater

-hot toys the boss from snake eater

-"metal boss" based on peace walker, but also with an head from snake eater by newsoultoys

-"metal boss armored", based on peace walker by newsoultoys

-a lot of different versions of naked snake from snake eater by medicom,
the ones i know are the normal, the one with facepaint, the one with the cold war fatigue, the one with the zombie facepaint.
but there are also other versions of those, with slight different accessories

-old snake from mgs4 by medicom

-raiden from mgs4 by medicom

-wjl toys "the disguiser", based on phantom snake

-some version of phantom snake and big boss by lim toys.
the most recent is "Ismael&Aehab double pack",but the came separately, and there is a tiger striped fatigue version of Phantom snake.

-quiet by lim toys, in preorder in normal and special edition

-and there is also a kit for quiet with all accessories, and two heads by Mr.Toys.

and there are some custom face sculpt that pop in the market somethimes, one of plisken from mgs2, one of big boss from mgs4, and one of scarred old snake from mgs4. but right now i cant' find them anywhere.
some months ago they were on aliexpress.

and that's all.

i can't specify for the quality of all of this,
all i know is that the head sculpt of 2002 official licensed figures are not that great,
the same for the METAL boss, and medicom bodies are not that durable, they can break easily.

I just got my final payment notice on the first 4 figures Solid Snake set a few days ago. I should have all three of the statues within a couple of weeks I assume.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine how you are going to put all 3 on display.
Are you considering getting to one from MC studio as well?

i have a question:
i saw in this forum that metal gear hot toys clothes are falling apart.
is the leather jacket of the lim toys ahab going to deteriorate like that?
or is of a totally different material that will not crumbles?
what is the raccomanded maintenance for the lim toys figures?

i have a question:
i saw in this forum that metal gear hot toys clothes are falling apart.
is the leather jacket of the lim toys ahab going to deteriorate like that?
or is of a totally different material that will not crumbles?
what is the raccomanded maintenance for the lim toys figures?

unless it's real leather, most likely it will. question is how soon. only thing you can do is store in in proper humid/temperature/dust free environment away from sunlight/UV rays. you may apply protection like Bee Wax, Leather protector, vinyl protection, mink oil but unless you apply it both sides the underside will still let humid get in.

unless it's real leather, most likely it will. question is how soon. only thing you can do is store in in proper humid/temperature/dust free environment away from sunlight/UV rays. you may apply protection like Bee Wax, Leather protector, vinyl protection, mink oil but unless you apply it both sides the underside will still let humid get in.

i really hope the upcoming Snake from MGS2 will not have this problems.
i hope they chose the right durable materials for the sneaking suit

Back