Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typed this out in the f4f thread so might as well paste over here.

Thanks for your feedback. We are monitoring all feedback as we speak and Alex is aware of what's been mentioned. He's even updated some aspects such as the socom gun and paint changes. I really insist you join our collectors club and voice out there as well.

As for other aspects such as mullet. Hopefully we have something to share in a few hours.

Again all these require licensors approval and yes we were given the direct 3D files from the legacy collection. We know what represents Snake and what the fans want too. However we always have to find the right balance with the licensor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Legacy Renders....:monkey3..... I'll see myself out.

I agree with you on some details. Like the kneepads look better and more practical like the the X-TAC ones that Hatch make. I agree on the large general purpose pouches, I recall he only had pistol mag pouches on his belt? I thought there was a lot of influence from the PAK figure too.

s1.jpg

Removal of the mullet makes it MUCH better. The SOCOM is a step towards accuracy as well. :clap

I don't have Facebook and I'm not familiar with how it works, but a quick glance at F4F's page shows that a lot of people are tugging F4F in every direction. Some say they should look at the CODEC screens, and some say his face has no details so anything is valid, some say the earth is flat so Snake's diorama should reflect it, etc.

Everyone knows it's impossible to satisfy everybody so at the end of the day I'm intrigued to see what kind of aesthetic principles the figure will adhere to.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that's based off the Legacy render. Cuz that render looks amazing to me. Where this statue is hot garbage!

..maybe the render is good because of filters and etc..?

[
metal_gear_solid_legacy_collection___solid_snake_r_by_datflashkid-d8wzh0b.png

Maybe too built but this looks great!

Some update for you guys about Snake.

Really appreciate your support. Once I have more to share. I'll let you know :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4figures/permalink/1747183338909393/

Hey guys - so we've been hard at work finishing the Snake change proposal as highlighted in the Collector's Club and was about to submit it to the licensor. One thing I didn't realise until now, is that it's a holiday in the US on Monday (today). That means I can't get any confirmation from Konami on any changes until AFTER tomorrow's launch. I had hoped that I would have had confirmation on any changes before. The holiday has put a spanners in the works.
As a result, we will delay the launch until we know with confidence on whether the changes have been approved or rejected so that people can preorder with a clear understanding on what the final product would look like.
I would not want anyone ordering with the assumption that the changes will happen, only to find out that it wont be changed.
For your reference - things that we've looked into are: SOCOM gun, reduced muscle bulkiness on arms a little, paint scheme and hair.
Also, for the stealth camouflage version, we are now working on a neon green version as well and are looking into allowing you to choose the version you want yourself. Of course, this is also subject to Konami approval.
In the mean time, I will keep you guys informed the moment we have any news. I hope you can understand my decision and I appreciate your understanding. I apologise that there has been a lot of back and forth - your feedback needed to be listened to and tried our best to turn around as quick as possible. Thanks guys.

Posted from our Alex

Really hope the mood isnt dampen here :) We not giving up after all these years. Lets keep pushing :)
Not at all!!!!

I hate to be that guy, and I don't usually do this. I know there will be a few people rolling their eyes but I can't help myself haha. But someone posted this in the f4f collectors Facebook group, and I'm blown away by the results. The face change on the right is perfect mgs1 Snake. Perfect! And the knock on effect it has on the rest of the statue is pretty remarkable, amazing how a face can change the whole statue.

Is the face change something you are taking into consideration, chocks? Anyway check it out below

kx3c.jpg

Back