Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In a sequel you have to meet people’s expectations, but you also sort of have to go against them and deceive them I think."

And you make three redundant Big Boss games in a row.

I miss the days when he had his plentiful balls of steel. :lol

Don't kid yourself- MGS4, PW and V were just fanservice at best.

Hideo Kojima, on the state of MGS in 2001:

Hideo Kojima, on the state of MGS in 2015:

It's like reading the statements of two different people.

The first guy sounds like a visionary, with a set course for his series. The second guy sounds like a magazine editor who's reviewing A Hideo Kojima Game.

I like the little mini Liquid and Solid that come with the D Spec Rex. I'd pay a lot for a whole line of those. I like them even more than the kubricks.

He did, for one game. And that should of been that. He completely killed his legend. I'm actually thankful Snake's legacy was relatively unscathed and not over exposed.

I'd say two games. MGS3 and MPO were BB at his finest and with most character development, IMO.

I'd say two games. MGS3 and MPO were BB at his finest and with most character development, IMO.

MPO wasn't necessarily needed, although most people like myself were welcome (at the time) to a continuation of that era. But oh no! It's non canon!

I still enjoyed MPO, a lot.

MPO wasn't necessarily needed, although most people like myself were welcome (at the time) to a continuation of that era. But oh no! It's non canon!

I still enjoyed MPO, a lot.

At least the overall story of MPO was miles better than MGSV. Characters like Elisa, Python, Jonathan, Cunningham and Gene were all fleshed out and pretty well told. In MGSV, we have our token bad guy, token good cop, bad cop, token sex object.

At least the overall story of MPO was miles better than MGSV. Characters like Elisa, Python, Jonathan, Cunningham and Gene were all fleshed out and pretty well told. In MGSV, we have our token bad guy, token good cop, bad cop, token sex object.

I couldn't bring myself to finish MPO because of the awful gameplay, but even the characters were unlikeliest to me. And the VA were overacting way too much for my taste

I couldn't bring myself to finish MPO because of the awful gameplay, but even the characters were unlikeliest to me. And the VA were overacting way too much for my taste

Don't worry, that has been dethroned. :lol

7ec395e78cb3c73c5c8b96ca634fcd0fb69dbc57cb884de3bb24859ca827d3c2_1.jpg

You thought the gameplay for MPO was bad? :lol It was pretty damn good for 2006. It wasn't as refined as Peace Walker's, but KojiPro learned a lot over the years from their development in MGS 4.

Personally, I think MPO did a better job closing the loop of the series, than PW/MGS V ever did. It explained how Big Boss acquired his finances to start Outer Heaven, and there was also Elisa's vision about Big Boss' "sons". I wish if Kojima found some way to work with it, instead of retconning the thing out of existence for the sake of pride...

You thought the gameplay for MPO was bad? :lol It was pretty damn good for 2006. It wasn't as refined as Peace Walker's, but KojiPro learned a lot over the years from their development in MGS 4.

Personally, I think MPO did a better job closing the loop of the series
, than PW/MGS V ever did. It explained how Big Boss acquired his finances to start Outer Heaven, and there was also Elisa's vision about Big Boss' "sons". I wish if Kojima found some way to work with it, instead of retconning the thing out of existence for the sake of pride...

Absolutely. You got two subsequent games that didn't compound anything from that game and really didn't show us any further motivation for Big Boss. He had the money from Gene and information on soldiers all over the world... he had the foundation for Outer Heaven back then already.

But no, the Boss's AI was SO important :lol

Yeah, the litte figs with d-spec rex are cool. I agree that id get them if they made more characters. Theyd have to release sets because of how small they are id say.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. You got two subsequent games that didn't compound anything from that game and really didn't show us any further motivation for Big Boss. He had the money from Gene and information on soldiers all over the world... he had the foundation for Outer Heaven back then already.

But no, the Boss's AI was SO important :lol

Don't forget that the tech from MPO was still in line with MGS3. RAXA genuinely looked like a predecessor to Metal Gear-D, and nothing was too outlandish or downright stupid.

Yeah, the litte figs with d-spec rex are cool. I agree that id get them if they made more characters. Theyd have to release sets because of how small they are id say.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Need pics of your 2016 collection update, Jason!

Back