Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got vulcanlog snake from the post office just now, hes much bigger than the revo one.

cb2a47516dcbec5fdae8cb35e42b411f.jpg

4633abb5b8b6189861af0588418ad02d.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Heres a pic with his accessories attatched. I feel like his regular rifle is missing a piece on the end but no review shows me one so i dunno......

2546415bbec2c0e4a9acc000e3c5f282.jpg

Been waiting for this one, but im gonna pass now that i saw the review on youtube. Looks alot worse than the prototype and the what were they thinking with those legs? The guy on youtube says that's just the way there are. Wide and looking like Venom needs to take a dump really bad. They don't come together like the prototype shows.

Yeah, hes pretty bow legged. Didnt notice until you guys mentioned it. Its a pretty well done figure articulation wise though.

Bbts got back to me and said theres no more stock and can offer a full refund when i return rex. Do they offer partial refunds to keep it? Im kind of pissed off but dont want to return the damn thing and have nothing.

They might give you a partial, although I never had a situation come to that so I don't know for certain.

I'm almost a week waiting to see my refund clear...

Got a haul in today. D Spec Rex, Nendoroid Raiden, and Kotobukiya Sahelanthropus.

D Spec Rex is overpriced for what it is. I paid about $75 for him. I don't think it's worth more than maybe 65 at most. It's pretty small and while it seems to have plenty of movement, I don't see anything warranting the price. If you're getting it from US stores, you're looking at about $100 for this thing.

Sally has some pretty nice artwork on the box. Can't wait to put him together. And Raiden makes me feel creepy with the naked kid body. Will not be displaying him with that one.

Ar2r1LZ.jpg

zNtyC39.jpg

QSa289L.jpg

Yeesh, I'm really glad I cancelled my D-Spec preorder at the eleventh hour and 59th minute. That looks really flat and plastic-y compared to the promo pics.

On the other hand, I regret not picking up VulcanLog Venom Snake. I've seen some pics on 2chan showing off how to get the best range out of the legs, make some simple fixes to the face, etc that resulted in a stunning-looking figure. It's a lot more articulated than you might initially assume, too.

Fix one: heat the head up in boiling water and adjust the lower eyelid. This was apparently suggested by the sculptor himself.

1453748712199.jpg

Fix two: detail the face with a specific type of gunpla marker, and futz with the leg straps.

1453852337418.jpg

Now all futzed with, it looks great. Mines arriving sometime this week. I guess this is the end of MGSV line outside of the Nendoroid.

got my d-spec rex in today as well. i like it, the stand is pretty cool as well. he definitely looks better posed instead of bland. i like it to go with the chibi mgs crap that has been coming out.

7d45954bc6b38591050f20c0ccdaf893.jpg

cf375d6737ec5805daad93dc9568b8b8.jpg

Bateman, that last pic is incredible looking! The body doesn't look bad, but it looks like everything else brought it down. That said, if that was what I'd be buying...

Those fixes to the Vulcanlog Venom Snake face look pretty cool. Dunno how to "adjust" that lower eyelid though...
I picked mine up yesterday. Must say i am pretty pleased with it.
Here are some other video reviews:

Hideo Kojima, on the state of MGS in 2001:

“Some members of the team expressed concern that players would want to play Solid Snake throughout the entire sequel, but Kojima says he was determined to bring a secret new character to the game. ‘Was I scared that people might not be happy about the new character? Not really,’ he says. ‘In a sequel you have to meet people’s expectations, but you also sort of have to go against them and deceive them I think. This is my Metal Gear, and I can destroy it if I want to.’”

Hideo Kojima, on the state of MGS in 2015:

“No matter how popular a series is, someday the end will come. However, that is by no means a parting. Even if you can’t touch it, you can feel the influence of that story. A story is a thing without shape. Assuming physically nothing is there, nothing to be lost. As long as stories and legends are desired, they will continue forever. The brilliance will never vanish. It’s in everyone’s heart. It is not always true that saying “goodbye to a hero” ignites a phantom pain. By saying “goodbye to a hero”, you can for eternity leave behind lost joy as a blank space.”

"In a sequel you have to meet people’s expectations, but you also sort of have to go against them and deceive them I think."

And you make three redundant Big Boss games in a row.

Back