Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, agreed. i dont really comment on this series too much because i dont want to get into arguments. i really like the art style and characters the most and try to focus on that. i think thats why i like the collectibles so much, out of any series they have the coolest variety and i get attracted to it. the story of mgs has been a train wreck for a long long time and praising kojima for that aspect is ridiculous. yoji shinkawa is really who i respect out of the 2, imho he makes mgs visually what we love most of the series. his designs are absolutely beautiful and thats what i will look forward to in the next kojima/shinkawa ventures.

I just wanted to say that I really like this community/thread because you are very critic and don't worship Kojima, so those are my 2 cents on the previous matter.
You guys are awesome ♡

I love Kojima and even more, I love MGS to a point of obsession. However, the longer I've been a fanboy, the more I noticed that most fans just worship Kojima and the series without question, which made me question my own devotion to the series.

What I truly adore about the series is that there's always a reason why each entry exists, a reason that transcends their inherited medium and gives way to self introspection, all which I felt were lost by the time we reached MGS4 onward, which about the time Kojima was just phoning the games in since he made it clear he didn't want to make any more beyond MGS2. The games became bloated with nonsensical, contrived and downright insulting explanation and conclusions- all for the sake of canon, which is something that shouldn't be prioritized in a MGS games past MGS2 in the first place.

I guess I became more critical because I see fans willingly submitting to whatever spiel being thrown out there without even questioning what it all amounts to. What is the point of art if one does not subject it to certain merits?

Its a ***** trying to sell the Hot Toys inferno Raiden figure. Mine has no problems, arms seem fine but when i write out the description of it theres no way to warn people that the figure has poorly designed arms that could break at any minute without making it sound like its some issue thats specific to mine. I often find myself in 5 message long strings of trying to state the figure is fine, the arm design is not, if you buy the figure and the arm breaks its not me its the figure ect

Pain in the arse hot toys!

Its a ***** trying to sell the Hot Toys inferno Raiden figure. Mine has no problems, arms seem fine but when i write out the description of it theres no way to warn people that the figure has poorly designed arms that could break at any minute without making it sound like its some issue thats specific to mine. I often find myself in 5 message long strings of trying to state the figure is fine, the arm design is not, if you buy the figure and the arm breaks its not me its the figure ect

Pain in the arse hot toys!
Haha very true. I got a second inferno raiden for $160 here in Singapore. Took me a month just to sell it..I was asking for $200 but ended up selling it ta $170. Apparently it didn't sell well at all here.

Btw, I think Hot toys fixed the arm issue on the inferno version. Haven't heard of any complaints so far.

Sent from my X9076 using Tapatalk

I appreciate that. Some of us, really nag on him but I'd like to think we mostly have done it with legit criticism... which of course turns into outright mockery. I won't sit here and deny I haven't just trolled hate on him in the past... but I think I've done more for genuine discussion on it. But I think we've all had valid points on our positions on him and the series he's created. He's given us quality games, at least up to PW that is IMO. I think most of us can agree on that much, no matter how much we've disagreed on the direction of the story and choices that were made.

I personally find the more critical you are of something you love, the better type of fan you are. This doesn't go just for MGS of course, there's plenty of series's out there that I absolutely love but absolutely hate some of the direction taken in them.
Yeah this is roughly how I feel. Though my other reasons are just how many people give Kojima a pass, and how much I despise it when they get petty and rude about it. That is exactly why I was hesitant about getting into MGS. I can say that for other franchises too like Square Enix as of late (or just Kingdom Hearts really, **** that fanbase full of Disneyphiles and other idiots...) and most Konami franchises, though after I ditched my initial baggage with MGS1, I found myself coming around to...most of this franchise. I still have reservations but I can live.

Your last statement can speak for other people as well. And not just for games. :lecture Dragon Ball Super.............wait, this isn't the thread for that, moving on!

Yeah this is roughly how I feel. Though my other reasons are just how many people give Kojima a pass, and how much I despise it when they get petty and rude about it. That is exactly why I was hesitant about getting into MGS. I can say that for other franchises too like Square Enix as of late (or just Kingdom Hearts really, **** that fanbase full of Disneyphiles and other idiots...) and most Konami franchises, though after I ditched my initial baggage with MGS1, I found myself coming around to...most of this franchise. I still have reservations but I can live.

Your last statement can speak for other people as well. And not just for games. :lecture Dragon Ball Super.............wait, this isn't the thread for that, moving on!

I can't even get started into DBS after the plots I read about and how awful the art can be... I haven't seen one episode yet. I'm getting the figuarts, but at some point I'll watch it. I still haven't seen BOG or ROF outside of the final battles :lol

I can't even get started into DBS after the plots I read about and how awful the art can be... I haven't seen one episode yet. I'm getting the figuarts, but at some point I'll watch it. I still haven't seen BOG or ROF outside of the final battles :lol
At least BOG and ROF are agreed to be solid entries. DBS...haven't watched anything either, and I've sworn off all DBZ Japanese dubs, the voices are mixed from acceptable to terrible (Goku's is the worst by far) so until it gets dubbed, I'm not watching :lol the art and plot turned me off so much too, though the art seems to be random stills.

I just got my Ocelot PAK (customs tax included. Man, South America blows for this kind of things). And having it in hand and looking at it...it has so much potential for a MGS2 Ocelot custom imo. Heck, even they can release him already. They have the mold! And the Jacket! Argh!

I'm probably going to put mine probably under Mantis, it's the only place I could put him anyway since that shelf is packed.

Personally I think Commissioner Gordan is perfect for Cranston

giphy.gif

Back