Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I got mine from Bamba.

He doesn't come apart. His legs have that pullout sliding piston motion. The feet can pull forward a bit along with the shins too. All of the missile pods are on hinges this time, so they don't fall off, but they still pop open pretty easily. The rail gun is much easier to take off, and the head does pivot this time (though it's more limited movement than I would have liked). The thing takes 3 AG1 batteries for the rail gun and 6 for the head. The toy feels really light for its size. It's also quite a bit bigger than the Kotobukiya Rex. I put some size comparisons below.

ltXrRbl.jpg

iC9Ko5w.jpg

Looks nice, but I'm fine with the bigger version. I really never want to contribute anymore to 3A products with how ****** they treated me.

Makes sense the price, such a good looking piece. Now with your experience, what other type of body do you recommend as an alternative? Like, the cheaper version? Lol

Oh sorry, I'm not sure myself, but if it's Wolf you're talking about, perhaps maybe just a Black Widow body would suffice as that also has a rubber chest. It will probably be more loose around hips and chest though. It's just a luxury, I'd save the metal seamless bodies for characters that show more skin, like Meryl.

Yeah I got mine from Bamba.

He doesn't come apart. His legs have that pullout sliding piston motion. The feet can pull forward a bit along with the shins too. All of the missile pods are on hinges this time, so they don't fall off, but they still pop open pretty easily. The rail gun is much easier to take off, and the head does pivot this time (though it's more limited movement than I would have liked). The thing takes 3 AG1 batteries for the rail gun and 6 for the head. The toy feels really light for its size. It's also quite a bit bigger than the Kotobukiya Rex. I put some size comparisons below.

Nice! I'm tempted only because I've never gotten the full scale versions. I can't see other people wasting their money on getting both.

was at barnes and noble with my girl yesterday and found a sealed collectors edition hardcover guide with the lithograph from mgsv. i only paid $35, its goes for at least $50 on ebay. not extremely cool but at least im posting a collectible.

Most likely, they'll do one figure - Venom Snake, and that's it for MGS and Hot Toys. Then again, there's always the possibility that Hot Toys could cancel the figure all-together (I wonder who'll approve the figures now that Shinkawa and Kojima are gone). This license really could've gone places...

In terms of sales, totally. Imagine if they got it out around the game's release, all the dudebros would have swiped it up regardless of price :lol

So so sad. We'll never get the MGS Legacy figures we deserve. It's funny that the highest selling figures for sure would be from MGS1 yet I'm sure they judge the line sales from that mgs3 line :-(

Who wouldn't buy MGS figures? I have Frank's custom Solid Snake and I would still get a Hot Toys version. A Hot Toys Grey Fox would set the world on fire. Maybe even hit Ironman numbers if done right.

Back