Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I had to spit the back at the simulated zipper and then reglue it back together end to end. Superglue worked nicely with an instant bond on rubber.

Transplanted a new ttm-19 body into my original old snake, it fills his suit in very nicely. I now have a lot more movement that actually holds its place. As you can imagine the suit is still restrictive but it makes old snake more lifelike compared to the old medicom one. Amnurs head actually looks good on it now. The hands were hollow so i cut the fingers off the relaxed hands and filled them in with those so i could get some wrist articulation with the use of pegs. Im pretty happy with the results. Heres a couple of pics.

4d040644c1f3bd96827f44ce6bb36904.jpg

72f937532806d6e26d9cadf200a406a7.jpg

Wow you stuck a HT body in there? That's awesome. I really hope we get another Old Snake figure, or any Snake figure for that matter.

Anyone else prefer the look of the OD Green chest rig in the actual game?

I definitely do, it's got more personality.

Transplanted a new ttm-19 body into my original old snake, it fills his suit in very nicely. I now have a lot more movement that actually holds its place. As you can imagine the suit is still restrictive but it makes old snake more lifelike compared to the old medicom one. Amnurs head actually looks good on it now. The hands were hollow so i cut the fingers off the relaxed hands and filled them in with those so i could get some wrist articulation with the use of pegs. Im pretty happy with the results. Heres a couple of pics.

4d040644c1f3bd96827f44ce6bb36904.jpg

72f937532806d6e26d9cadf200a406a7.jpg

I know, it's a pipe dream. This Figma Snake will probably have to hold us over until next decade :lol

I know, it's a pipe dream. This Figma Snake will probably have to hold us over until next decade :lol

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on anything without Naked Snake/Big Boss tag on it. I'll eat fried crow if HT did a MGS1/2 Snake. Kojima and the fans are just not interested.

I honestly don't know how it's possible, but that's how it is...

Just look at Kojima's retweets of fans clamoring to anything BB related and Peace Walker pretty much started a whole new trend of kids getting into Metal Gear. While I have no qualms about that, let us old depressed farts have our Solid Snake back.

"Oh Big Boss is like so deep and tragic, I tried playing MGS1 and Solid Snake was like, so one dimensional." :slap :mad:

Just look at Kojima's retweets of fans clamoring to anything BB related and Peace Walker pretty much started a whole new trend of kids getting into Metal Gear. While I have no qualms about that, let us old depressed farts have our Solid Snake back.

"Oh Big Boss is like so deep and tragic, I tried playing MGS1 and Solid Snake was like, so one dimensional." :slap :mad:

Big Boss has become so watered down since Snake Eater. I don't find him interesting or engaging anymore, I just don't care about his history. Snake's got a lot of layers to him, and his life I find more tragic since his destiny was sealed since birth. Just to be used as a weapon against BB, and to die a young man.

I think people are more interest in Solid Snake. Look at the only Solid Snake play arts figure. It's the hardest MGS figure to find and people have been clamoring for MGS2 Snake ever since. I think just about ever time a Solid Snake figure is announced it out sells its Big Boss counterpart. If Hot toys did an MGS1 SS it would fly off the shelves. Even if they based it on the new CG renderings.

Think I might have to do the same with my Old Snake Medi, posed the damn wrist the other night (previously had no idea there was even anything under those jelly hands) and the wrist just came apart with no effort at all.

Remember we also have the Nendoriod Solid Snake, that's something. For all we know, the Nendoriod Venom Snake may not happen for sometime since we didn't see a prototype yet, compared to the speed of Solid Snake's Nendoriod. But it still sucks, all this Big Boss and even Raiden merchandise and no Solid Snake. The Raiden merchandise is a little hilarious when you realize when he was first released, people would just scoff it off :lol

One problem i think is the majority of fans, new fans especially just don't like MGS2 or even MGS1 to an extent.

For most i think the Coolest Solid Snake is just lost amidst the seemingly 'meh' attitude towards the game in general.

MGS1 gets the pass because it's the game that 'properly' started off what we have today, and because it's the best title in the series but kids today probably look at is as PS1 garbage.

Big Boss is Solid Snake to them, because they were late to the party.

Last edited:
I refuse to acknowledge anyone who disregards the first two games. They are works of art and pretty much every game since borrows from their presentation and story telling.

I think people are more interest in Solid Snake. Look at the only Solid Snake play arts figure. It's the hardest MGS figure to find and people have been clamoring for MGS2 Snake ever since. I think just about ever time a Solid Snake figure is announced it out sells its Big Boss counterpart. If Hot toys did an MGS1 SS it would fly off the shelves. Even if they based it on the new CG renderings.

I agree with you Dylan. Look at all the new figures Revolmini, Nendroid and the first figma is a MGS2 version!? I think Konami is responding to the popularity of the PlayArts in part. People still refer to the main character being SolidSnake

The BigBoss/Raiden collectible are to promote the newest MetalGear games. Peace Walker, Rising and now MGSV. Why wouldn't they make figures of those guys?

Back