Metal gear solid 4 best game of 2008!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've played several games on Play Station 3 and none of them gave me a feeling even close to Metal Gear Solid 4.. If you want me to describe that feeling for you, I can't... Because It really is something else... and I don't need imdb or gamespot to tell me what is the best... 'cause I've already experienced the best... Give it a shot if u haven't already and I assure you, you won't regret it... :)

I still havent had a chance to play this (No PS3). But Im hoping sometime soon to get a chance to play though it. The 3rd is one of my favorite games of all time and I have high hopes for this one.

i really enjoyed MGS4, really solid game and of the choices they listed I agree but some of those choices they had were crazy. a must buy game, no doubt. not GOY for me though.

Did anyone run through this game on Big Boss extreme yet?

a month agoo i started on Big Boss extreme and gotten to Meryl in act 1 so far,i died too often so i havent played since november.

Hard went pretty good though...

Youve only played it through 1 time???

Very weak man,VERY WEAK,you should be ashamed of yourself:lol:)

no sorry lol !! I am half way playing the second time.
I wanted to beat before the holidays but so much going on an I want to beat spiderman web of shadows before i renturn it to rental place.

This game was pretty. That's about it.

Couldn't even finish the story it was so ^^^^ing boring. Hated the endless 30 minute cut scenes.

I understand why some people love this series and game, but it is not for me.

A tie for most disappointing game of 08 with Force Unleashed

Couldn't even finish the story it was so ^^^^ing boring. Hated the endless 30 minute cut scenes.

sorry to hear you dint enjoy it. MGS saga has the best story ever told on a video game and there is no better way to show it off with the most intense action cutscenes ever created.

I know evryone complains about the long cutscenes but this game is got so much to offer and I feel like people dont give it a chance.

Heck yeah! :joy

MGS 4 is certainly the best game that I've ever played, hands down. It deserves all the awards that it could possibly get!

Heck yeah! :joy

MGS 4 is certainly the best game that I've ever played, hands down. It deserves all the awards that it could possibly get!

I say it's one of the best I've ever played. I actually have a extra sealed copy.

I say it's one of the best I've ever played. I actually have a extra sealed copy.

same here man !!

I got one limited eddition and one regular unopened.

I am actually going to but another limited eddition to keep it sealed.

I played a little bit today and MAN !! this game is just breathtaking.

I'm with you guys -- MGS 4 is definitely one of the best gaming experiences I ever had. Back in June, I managed to attend the MGS 4 launch in Times Square, and got my game signed by Hideo Kojima and Yumi Kikuchi. It was a pretty awesome night, which made me an even more hardcore fan, than I previously was.

Well deserved imo. shows again why PS3 is top notch.

Yeah, I never finished it either. Its a a great game graphically but thats about it. I can handle cut scenes that last 10 mins or so but when they stretch as long as some TV shows thats a bit much.

Well deserved imo. shows again why PS3 is top notch.

It is a top notch Blu Ray player.

Woah!!! How does a person get over 37,000 posts? That's amazing man! :horror

Anyway, MGS 4 was a game that was meant for fans of the series. After all, the game is designated as "4" :lol, which is a number that's not friendly to newcomers.

All of the cutscenes can be skipped, by the way (even though it's not recommended to do so).

yet, not on top of the sales charts (like 5th)

Well, in all fairness, MGS 4 was released in June of this year (over half-a-year ago), so you can't expect it to still be the top game in the sales charts (to whichever charts you were referring to) -- especially since a wealth of new games were released later this year.

But, for any game to be released six months ago, and still hold a position in the top 5 position, says a lot about its popularity.

Back