Merry and Pippin picture thread: the Fellowship is finally complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1160549.jpg

P1160544.jpg

P1160541.jpg

P1160538.jpg

P1160537-1.jpg

Ski

Does anyone know if Snyderman is still casting these headsculpts? I've emailed him a week or so ago and haven't heard back. I hope he hasn't left the hobby.

I heard somewhere it was actually his mom that was sculpting these. So who knows. He was offering them on ebay a while ago too. :dunno

Thanks, Pix. I just checked and he's got both on ebay, each one ofr $150.00! They are painted but there's no way I'll pay $300 bucks for the pair.

I'll try sending him another PM and see what happens.

Thanks again!!

Awesome. I hope they are unpainted. While sculpting is a great talent he (or his mother) has, I am afraid paint is just not his forte.

The headsculpts arrived quickly and they are amazing. Merry is perfect. Pippin is good but just a bit too serious for me, but still a good sculpt.

I have to still paint them and work on finishing up the figures and I'll finally be done. (Pippin still needs his scarf. Not yet certain if I'll be adding the elven cloaks.)

Here's my set of Hobbits, I just followed the path layed by greater men on this one. And the paintwork is by Skiman :rock

I am a bit stumped by the teal of Pippin's jacket... I dyed and redyed that sucker and could not get it any darker :huh

Aside from that, totally stoked about having the Fellowship complete!!!

ccq-3.jpg

ccs-2.jpg

cct-2.jpg

With Frodo and Sam:
ccp-3.jpg

ccr-2.jpg

ccv-2.jpg

The Complete Fellowship on Display!!!
cco-3.jpg

Huge thanks to all to who made this project possible :hi5:

Last edited:
Thanks man, being the resident expert on Hobbit clothing... any tips on darkening the teal? I dyed it twice and I'm afraid if I do it a third time I might damage the fabric and will likely not get any darker :huh

If I were to darken it you might try leaving it in the teal dye longer. If that doesn't work I would maybe try redyeing it to a dark brown (but only leave it in the dye for 3 minutes or so and then re0try the teal.

Scary stuff. Hobbit jackets aren't the easiest thing to come buy. :horror

If I were to darken it you might try leaving it in the teal dye longer. If that doesn't work I would maybe try redyeing it to a dark brown (but only leave it in the dye for 3 minutes or so and then re0try the teal.

Scary stuff. Hobbit jackets aren't the easiest thing to come buy. :horror

Yeah, no doubt... I wondered about trying a darker color but am worried I'd either get a splotchy result or some kind of grey color. I did the color removal and bleaching on this jacket so it was an off-white when I started which is probably why it's lighter now.

I did dye it over two sessions with two baths each time in between drying. So I'm guessing this is as dark as it will get.

Looky there, my pics are here too. I didn't even know :lol

Great shots J.

Thanks man :duff

Back