Merry and Pippin picture thread: the Fellowship is finally complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought too. Repaint is no biggie though. :lol

except the cost of the paint was a premium from Snyderman.

I have to say Pix, your clothing was the best part of this experience. I will probably have to sell off my set, but I am grateful for you and you're MinLaw for the help. Not planning to profit by it, just hope to get the investment back.

Looks good, Skutto! Are you going to get Frodo and Sam repainted to match the skin tone of the other two?

I might. I have a buddy who's a pretty good artist - he might be willing to simply re-do the fleshy bits for free. But I'm more than happy with the hair, eyes and eyebrows as they are; the eyes even have a bit of added gloss for that Hot Toys-like effect.

Frodo really looks spooky in those pics. :horror

I'd say that both Frodo and Sam look somewhat ill compared to the healthier glow on both Merry and Pippen. They might be a bit too tanned, but at least they don't look like they're dying.

I prefer Eric's Pippin but Snyderman's Merry. I'm not a fan of Eric's hair sculpt on either of his hobbits, though.

And to be honest, Pippin looks way to serious on both sculpts. I would have loved if one had gone with raised eyebrows and slight grin on Pip. Would have captured the character much better.

I prefer Eric's Pippin but Snyderman's Merry. I'm not a fan of Eric's hair sculpt on either of his hobbits, though.

And to be honest, Pippin looks way to serious on both sculpts. I would have loved if one had gone with raised eyebrows and slight grin on Pip. Would have captured the character much better.

I agree Snydermans Merry is really a home run. It looks so awesome. I think the two Pippins are very close and I prefer Erics Merry the least but they are all alot better than having nothing.

I'd say that both Frodo and Sam look somewhat ill compared to the healthier glow on both Merry and Pippen. They might be a bit too tanned, but at least they don't look like they're dying.

Frodo looks like when he was bit by Shelob! I know it's just the pics making him look that way.

I wish I could paint.

IMG_8004.jpg

I didn't know Merry had a stroke! :horror

The hair looks god awful too. Merry has a pseudo lopsided mullet of dripping frosting and Pippin's is lopsided as all hell too and looks like a mop :lol. Add that with the douchy, after-the-fact price hike and it's an easy pass. The likenesses are there, but there's just too much wrong to justify that price for these.

His Merry is def. off but his Pippin looks decent. Just get the Pippin head from Erick and the Merry head from Snyder-Man, unpainted for $45 shipped. That should give you two pretty decent looking sculpts until Dave gets his.

I analyzed and analyzed these two sets of sculpts.

Sosa's faces are clearly better IMO but the hair he sculpted looks so half-assed. Plus I don't think he sculpted ears on them, which is an important feature for me. I just wish I knew for sure what neck Sosa was picturing them on. I have a nagging feeling that, in hand, these sculpts will be too big. Especially if those are TT necks he has them on. I don't think those are SSC Hobbit necks. I wish he would have answered my question in his thread.

Snyderman's sculpts do a better job in capturing the SSC look... Weird thing is I was actually thinking of doing the opposite: getting Sosa's Merry and Snyderman's Pippin. :lol

His Merry is def. off but his Pippin looks decent. Just get the Pippin head from Erick and the Merry head from Snyder-Man, unpainted for $45 shipped. That should give you two pretty decent looking sculpts until Dave gets his.

Is he still working on that?

Even so, thanks for kicking the whole thing off Dave. I am happy with Snyder-man's sculpts so my fellowship is finally complete and i'm sure it wouldn't have happened had you not "got the ball rolling!":clap

I've got them on order with Erick anyway - so guess I better get on with the outfits.

No one has done anything in that direction, have they?

I received syberman's heads. Glad I decided to get these ones over Sosa's. My Fellowship is just a couple paint jobs away from completion and this journey I embarked on nearly 2 years ago will finally be complete. :woo

If anyone is still looking for hobbit bodies, I have two frodos and two sams. PM me. I will be updating a sale thread but waiting for pics to load.

Back