melvinpelayo here.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
I'm VERY wary of any new members suddenly showing up and overposting to build up their status in such a short time...
Ding!

Here's 1 more for me.

(sorry. just trying to add a bit of humor to an otherwise sad situation.)
:monkey1

!ss!

At the same time we WANT to encourage new members to post. I was a bit chagrined by people shooting Melvin down from the start. That doesn't really foster a growing forum. For everyone 1 bad apple, there's a couple of good eggs.

Darklord Dave said:
I was a bit chagrined by people shooting Melvin down from the start. That doesn't really foster a growing forum. For everyone 1 bad apple, there's a couple of good eggs.

Overall agree Dave, we should all welcome new members with open arms, as most of us do without exception in the introductions section.

But I take issue with melvin, he stunk up threads from the start and deserved to get slapped around IMHO.. something didn't feel right about his motives and claims so some members took issue with him.... and look what happened.

I see no problem throwing up a caution flag as long as that caution has the best interests of other members in mind and is done in a general sense without predjudice.

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
At the same time we WANT to encourage new members to post. I was a bit chagrined by people shooting Melvin down from the start. That doesn't really foster a growing forum. For everyone 1 bad apple, there's a couple of good eggs.

I'm a relatively new member and I've never felt anything but welcome here - unlikes some other scummy boards ;-) On the net - people judge you ONLY by what you say - they can't see you, know who you really are or anything other than the words you put in your own mouth.

LordAzrael said:
I'm a relatively new member and I've never felt anything but welcome here - unlikes some other scummy boards ;-) On the net - people judge you ONLY by what you say - they can't see you, know who you really are or anything other than the words you put in your own mouth.

Its alright Azrael, you were thrustworthy from the start, after all ,your a..

F&?%ING KURGAN CRUSADER !!!!

:lol Back to topic...

if I remember clearly...so was "he"
22256085.jpg

DarthRamuk said:
You know.....you remind me so much of Melvinpelayo............strange but true.:cool:

ouch:monkey2

I'm not new at either www.onesixthwarriors.com or www.statueforum.com or the www.theclubhouse1.net, yet not that active.
no horror stories.... YET:naughty

If not yet, youve already seen what I do (sculpt) and why would I risk my status and my work by scamming people off?
I have my "logo" on my pictures >.>

:nono , azn collector is a friend of Kojun it seems. yet he's in australia right now....>.> why not take a visit to melvinpelayo's?

I wonder if its against the law if just start "accidently" posting his address and personal info LOL

jkjk:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shai Hulud said:
Its alright Azrael, you were thrustworthy from the start, after all ,your a..

F&?%ING KURGAN CRUSADER !!!!

:lol Back to topic...

Lord Azrael kicks ass!!! Mainly for the reason The Great Shai Hulud said!

I find it disheartening to see a new member bundled in with melvinpelayo. I hope people are as ready to apologise as they are to cast disparagies.

People whose first language isn't English have enough difficulty getting their message across, and can easily be misunderstood. I speak English and am not understood on many occasions.

I felt sick hearing that melvinpelayo states his residence as being in Australia. If he indeed lives in Australia. I wonder if Australians will be looked at with caution now, when trying to sell their collectibles.

I applaud your sense of obligation pjam. Too many people sit on the fence and leave it to others. Beware, however, of what you must therefore, take responsibilty for. How many fencesitters will back you up in your time of need?

What is a thief? A scammer, a scalper, a flipper. When is profit not greed, not stealing?

I find Darth Ramuks comment inflammatory and a cowardly backhanded comment, even if it is a fact that he may be feeling that way. He has a right to. I am not in disagreeance with that. Without having explained himself, I have no other way to disipate the hostile approach I am now taking. I could do with a fence to sit on myself right now.

That people don't see eye to eye on matters, is one thing. The opportunity to discuss and talk it out is here, within a forum such as this.

Sunohc has taken this in a better manner than I would. As a newcomer, to what otherwise is a very friendly place, he has had alot of innuendo, and assumption thrown his way. I have been an outcast, during my life, and I can see why people are being more vocal on this occassion. As I applaud pjam, I applaud sunohc too, for not shying away, and for not taking a bitter stance, which is so easy to do.

I have not begun to rant, but will end here, for now.

creecher said:
I find it disheartening to see a new member bundled in with melvinpelayo. I hope people are as ready to apologise as they are to cast disparagies.

People whose first language isn't English have enough difficulty getting their message across, and can easily be misunderstood. I speak English and am not understood on many occasions.

I felt sick hearing that melvinpelayo states his residence as being in Australia. If he indeed lives in Australia. I wonder if Australians will be looked at with caution now, when trying to sell their collectibles.

I applaud your sense of obligation pjam. Too many people sit on the fence and leave it to others. Beware, however, of what you must therefore, take responsibilty for. How many fencesitters will back you up in your time of need?

What is a thief? A scammer, a scalper, a flipper. When is profit not greed, not stealing?

I find Darth Ramuks comment inflammatory and a cowardly backhanded comment, even if it is a fact that he may be feeling that way. He has a right to. I am not in disagreeance with that. Without having explained himself, I have no other way to disipate the hostile approach I am now taking. I could do with a fence to sit on myself right now.

That people don't see eye to eye on matters, is one thing. The opportunity to discuss and talk it out is here, within a forum such as this.

Sunohc has taken this in a better manner than I would. As a newcomer, to what otherwise is a very friendly place, he has had alot of innuendo, and assumption thrown his way. I have been an outcast, during my life, and I can see why people are being more vocal on this occassion. As I applaud pjam, I applaud sunohc too, for not shying away, and for not taking a bitter stance, which is so easy to do.

I have not begun to rant, but will end here, for now.

I agree with you. I felt Ramuk's comment was completely out of line. If anything, sunhoc has been SUPPORTIVE of those people screwed over by Melvin. I can't imagine where that comment came from or why it was made.

But kudos to sunohc for taking it in stride and with class and dignity. :chew

Am quite new here. Only posting thoughts at certain threads. Its quite disheartening and i sometime feel apprehensive in posting worrying may offend some of the more seniors here.

Do agree that you need to establish your reputation/ rapport over time, but everyone deserves a chance. And a very goog point made where there are more of good eggs among 1 bad apple.

Sigh..well...life goes on...lessons learnt...and let this forum fluorish with more good stuff, fun chats and more.

Anespian said:
Am quite new here. Only posting thoughts at certain threads. Its quite disheartening and i sometime feel apprehensive in posting worrying may offend some of the more seniors here.

Do agree that you need to establish your reputation/ rapport over time, but everyone deserves a chance. And a very goog point made where there are more of good eggs among 1 bad apple.

Sigh..well...life goes on...lessons learnt...and let this forum fluorish with more good stuff, fun chats and more.

Don't worry about it man! Post as you like! These guys don't mean anyone any harm. THey just had a very bad experience with one new member.

pixletwin said:
Today has been a spicy day on the Freaks Board.

Ay Caramba!

Well, you can't blame some for scrutiny. Such is life...

Last year there was Katrina, this year it was Melvin, on this board anyway (and I don't mean to minimize the tragedy to our suffering friends in N'Orleans). Trusting longtime members got hurt and hurt bad and we are still in the lasting pangs of that debacle so please take that into consideration...

Now maybe we can move on but there will always be that lasting scar... and Freak brothers will always try to protect each other...

And if you are a new member, just remember this from Animal House

"THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?!" :lol

Anespian said:

I felt the same way when I got here. But everyone here is pretty damn cool. Just post away. After all we'll never get to know you if you dont post. I'am a filthy post whore and damn proud of it:rock :rock :rock .....

DarthRamuk said:
Gosh people! I just said he sounded like Melvin, not that HE IS LIKE MELVIN OR HE IS MELVIN! I didn't accuse him of anything. Only time would tell.

I'm also a new member here......No need to burn me at the stake for just making a comment.
You just need to be clear DarthRamuk. Why say "Gosh people"? I know it is because others may have had something to say, but you quote my post, so I can easily assume you are meaning me. Why quote my whole post, when only one paragraph pertains to you and your comment? Just delete the sections that have nothing to do with your reply to my post.

As I say, you need to be clear. To say sunohc sounds like melvinpelayo is a comment that associates sunohc with melvinpelayo, and can tarnish his dealings with the rest of the board. The fact you didn't accuse him, but associated him with melvinpelayo, is why I made the comment that it was backhanded and cowardly. If you are going to associate people in this way, without explanation, I can only make comments as I see it.

I am pleased you haven't chosen to reply with a tirade, as I was prepared for, before making my comments. I am sorry to have pushed these points. I hope you can see now, how sunohc may be feeling, when for, what appears to be no reason, people start making what, to you, may be unwarranted comments, like what you may think, I have made toward you.

It is all out in the open now, and I can, and do, withdraw my paragraph directed toward you, now that you have explained yourself. If you happen to read this Anespian, you can see what can happen, and why it might occur. As King Darkness says, post away, without fear. Any situation or post can be misconstrued, and it isn't that hard to see the error of our ways or to apologise where need be. I don't find it all that difficult, and feel it helps to strengthen our understanding of people from all around the world. I see this as the silver lining.
:peace brothers. :grouphug

Last edited:
DarthRamuk said:
If I'm going to lash at you like you did to me, it's not going to help my cause. You can choose to say whatever you, whenever you like it. And I can choose to just laugh it off. And I will.

You know DR...You and I have had problems in the past and I have seen as other members on the board have had words with you also. I don't think you are a bad guy,as I dont actually know you it would be impossible to know, and I dont know that mean to come off as one. But to tell you the honest truth many of your posts do come off pretty badly. I'am not sure if you post in the heat of the moment and not fully think about it, but I do think you may need to think about your post before you make them.

I dislike message board "fighting" as it NEVER solves anything. And I do believe that you can say anything you want any time you want. But make sure that what you post is what you intend to say. As Collector Freak has shown, what he posts is what he means, period. I see that often your posts get misinterpreted. This is just something I have observed and thought I should say.

If I am wrong then so be it, but that is how I see it.

Back