Mel Gibson as William Wallace from BRAVEHEART (v3.0) NEW PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DChung's Braveheart (version 2), figure/parts available

Hi Dan
Please put my name down in that last spot for a full set. Great great work. ;)

Last edited:

Holy cow, your version 2.0 is looking fantastic, Dan!! Congrats.

One minor thing I'd change is the hands; they're a bit too shiny, doll-like at the moment. Maybe some Hot Toys ones?

But man, I'm so glad you're offering this. You can put me up for the head as well. Very interested to see the prices on everything...

:clap:clap:clap

Thanks LV,
Yeah, I really should have dulled down the hands. Still, I'll sell the parts piecemeal or as a kit over a Dragon body. People should feel free to mount the pieces on whichever bodies they'd rather use... although I can't guarantee fit on every body out there.

I can't wait for this!! This looks so awesome. I already have a HT muscle body waiting for this. You're the man for helping us Braveheart fans get this figure.

i'm interested everything except the head depending on price.

Just added some new pics I took today. Wanted to improve on the focus of the iphone snapshots... Strangely, the pics came out a little on the red side. The pics are added to the first post of this thread. (I took the pics for an ebay auction which will start tomorrow afternoon and run for seven days. 1/21/2012-1/28/2012) Once the auction ends, I'll have an idea for market price on this guy, and I'll put up a price sheet for full figure and parts. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Re: PRICES QUOTED! DChung's Braveheart (version 2), figure/parts available

Bump to the top, now that I've finally put up a detailed price sheet for ordering all the parts you need to complete your own Mel Gibson and William Wallace from Braveheart...

Cheers,
Dan

Thanks dchung
your figure looks great but i cannot afford it.it's to expensive and out of the badget i had for william...i am glad for the guys that they can afford it although and can have this awesome piece of artwork

PM sent. Please check. Thanks

PM sent. Please check. Thanks

Thanks, Gabriel! Will get him off as soon as I make the modification to the head for you. Cheers!

so Dchung, could ya tell me about the neck area where it attaches to the body. is it rubber like your sleeves? any articulation? is the full joint free neck included when buying the head? thanky!

so Dchung, could ya tell me about the neck area where it attaches to the body. is it rubber like your sleeves? any articulation? is the full joint free neck included when buying the head? thanky!

When I first made this figure a few years ago, necks had awful looking joints, so I sculpted the neck onto the head, and hid the edges under his outfit.

At this point, however, Hot Toys muscle bodies have nice neck detail, with a single ball joint under the jawbone... so...

I'm resculpting a neckless version. Plus, I'm refining the headsculpt as well.

I can say I'm finally taking the plunge into wax sculpting. This will be my first one.

PCLEEMAKE, thanks for motivating me to redo the head into a neckless version. (Can't argue with a guy who pays first and asks questions later!)

I spent this afternoon casting a wax dupe from my original mold, and began tinkering with it. Pics soon!

Thanks dchung. I have been wanting your Braveheart figure for sometime already. ;)

I'm resculpting a neckless version. Plus, I'm refining the headsculpt as well.

I spent this afternoon casting a wax dupe from my original mold, and began tinkering with it. Pics soon!

Can't wait to see that! :yess:

Here's a snapshot of the rough wax neckless version I'm working on...

bhnewhead1.jpg

This is my first sculpt in wax, and I must say, the harder textures sure does hold detail well under handling.

I will not be sculpting in polymer clay anymore (at least not for final versions... maybe a rough for transfer to wax...)

I'm pretty sure it's a decent likeness, but without the hair, it's really hard to tell! lol

Back