Medicom RAH Berserk Guts (Black Swordsman) 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom RAH Berserk Guts (Black Swordsman) Figure

This a highest standard seen in a berserk figure and probably will remain so

...until dat Berserker version comes out :drool

I'm pretty new to this hobby and I was SUPER disappointed in my Skyward Sword Link from Medicom. I look at my Capt. Harlock by Hot Toys, or Lost Planet Mercenary by 3A and the quality on more than just the body is apparent. The fact alone that they are slightly smaller than Side Show, HT, and 3A bugs the hell out of me.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think that this Guts figure looks great, and I'm excited to get it. I just want these characters I love held to a higher standard.

Higher standard you say lol 9 Times out of ten hot toys can't get a head sculpt Right .

Higher standard you say lol 9 Times out of ten hot toys can't get a head sculpt Right .

**** man what sculpts are you looking at!? The Capt Harlock, Raiden, Naked Snake sculpts are amazing! Plus the ones I've seen in AJK Hunters collection (my brother) are nuts as well!

**** man what sculpts are you looking at!? The Capt Harlock, Raiden, Naked Snake sculpts are amazing! Plus the ones I've seen in AJK Hunters collection (my brother) are nuts as well!

guess your new when it comes to hot toys sculpts they are hit or miss.

Have you seen Medicom's Jojo & Hokuto No Ken figures? They are taller than HT standard body.

Newbs gonna newb.

Haha dude, call me a newb all you want but the proof of quality is obvious Hot Toys > Medicom

Snake017.jpg

raiden.jpg

I dunno, to me the difference in quality is obvious...

Each version is good in their own right. I've always liked the look of the Medicom Snake. But it's those bodies that are more concerning. Even if newer Medicom figure bodies are made out of a less brittle material, I still have a hard time putting my faith back in the company and trusting them with my money.

I suppose I will just stick to enjoying the photos of others from now on, when it comes to Medicom. :/

hot toys is goin for realistic and medicom isnt(at least in those examples) so i dunno, cant compare i dont think. IMO

HT can do anime/manga very well tho. that golgo was epic.

Haha dude, call me a newb all you want but the proof of quality is obvious Hot Toys > Medicom

View attachment 162359

View attachment 162360

I dunno, to me the difference in quality is obvious...

Apples and Oranges, and those Medicoms have almost 10 years on the Hot Toys versions... nice try... not really.

Apples and Oranges, and those Medicoms have almost 10 years on the Hot Toys versions... nice try... not really.

Well man we'll just have to agree to disagree. And like I said I still think the Medicom Guts is looking like a solid figure. I have it pre-ordered. I guess my tastes are just more in line with the HT aesthetic. I also have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole Skyward Sword Link "Snuggie" tunic.

Hot toys are overrated imo like I said most of there figures are hit and miss hardly ever perfect .

No figure is perfect, sadly. Unless you perceive it to be so, which would be another story

To be honest, as much as I dislike the old Medi bodies, I will probably never replace the Medicom Jack Sparrow that I own, as I still like the look of it. That's assuming I don't ever ****ing pose him again. X.X And even though the Hot Toys DX blows it away, in some respects, I still haven't felt the need to "upgrade."

In fact, the only figures I've ever replaced were the Medi Batman Begins for the Hot Toys DX12 Batman, ver 1 Hot Toys Joker for the DX01 Joker, and now the Medi X3 Wolverine is getting swapped for the Days of Future Past Hot Toys Wolvie, because he just couldn't keep his claws away from his shoulder joint. >.> Oh and Sideshow's Jango is replacing the one that went boom. :/

Everything is flawed in some way. It's how you deal with the flaws at the end of the day. Sometimes they beat you down and turn you away, but sculpting flaws are relatively forgivable these days, what with 3D imaging assists and all that jazz.

hot toys is goin for realistic and medicom isnt(at least in those examples) so i dunno, cant compare i dont think. IMO

HT can do anime/manga very well tho. that golgo was epic.

Hot Toys really can't do Cartoon Characters. Just look at the *****ty Hunters. Appleseed & Harlock are considered realistic 3D cartoons but still Metal Gear Solid weren't good. And if they really can't do something as simple as Golgo 13 & Friend right, they shouldn't be doing anything...

I treat the old medi figures with care. People forget that back then medicom was on top of hot toys way back. Remember the first joker hot toys put out? Remember the quality of there resident evil figures? Yup they weren't Angels either and still aren't. My biggest compliant from them would have to be them announcing and hyping up a product only to put it in the back burner for teh iron manz. Atleast when medicom shows you a figure that figure wil come out during that year not two years later.

Hot Toys really can't do Cartoon Characters. Just look at the *****ty Hunters. Appleseed & Harlock are considered realistic 3D cartoons but still Metal Gear Solid weren't good. And if they really can't do something as simple as Golgo 13 & Friend right, they shouldn't be doing anything...

120932-Damn-Good--Imgur-gYum.gif

I treat the old medi figures with care. People forget that back then medicom was on top of hot toys way back. Remember the first joker hot toys put out? Remember the quality of there resident evil figures? Yup they weren't Angels either and still aren't. My biggest compliant from them would have to be them announcing and hyping up a product only to put it in the back burner for teh iron manz. Atleast when medicom shows you a figure that figure wil come out during that year not two years later.

what's you issue with HT RE4 figures? I think they were great for their time, still looks great now to a point bootlegs re-release them.

What? HT Golgo 13 figure was awesome and it's still one of my favorite HT figures to this day.

yes Golgo & Friend, they were great, what i'm saying is if HT couldn't do them accurately they should not do anything at all. those 2 are the simplest to make even amateur sculptors couldn't get it wrong. the fact that HT did them write doesn't really give them much credit.

Back