Medicom VCD Wicket Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so while I wait for Han to arrive,
I decided to post a few Wicket pics.

I wasn't going to get this but after seeing the first pics, I ordered him with rewards points, so I paid only about $20.00 plus shipping.
Amazing detail, I've been adamant on getting Chewie with real fur, but after seeing this guy, I wouldn't mind sculpted hair. Bring it on Medi!!

The reason I promote sculpted hair is evident with Wicket here; sculpted allows you to match the style of hair for the character, Chewie has a distinct look to his fur and I just don't see faux fur capturing that. Use HT's trick of rubber over elbo joints and such and you could have a reasonably articulated Chewie with sculpted fur.

wicket4.jpg

Heyyyyy, point that thing some place else.

The reason I promote sculpted hair is evident with Wicket here; sculpted allows you to match the style of hair for the character, Chewie has a distinct look to his fur and I just don't see faux fur capturing that. Use HT's trick of rubber over elbo joints and such and you could have a reasonably articulated Chewie with sculpted fur.

Yep, you're right, even though I have a fur Chewie, I still need to fix it to look
move accurate.

Heyyyyy, point that thing some place else.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Nice pictures by the way, makes him look really nice.
Thanks man!! This means a lot coming from you, I just have an automatic camera but I try to get cool shots out of it!

What's the cloth on his head like?
I'm not sure, it's one of the best elements of the figure though, it looks really nice. I can't remember if Wicket's supposed to be fabric or leather. But this kind of gives you a leather-like feel to it. Reminds me of these fabric used to wash cars, that's a little rubbery, can't remember it's name though.

But it folds nicely and wraps around the head great. I think something like this would work perfect with Tusken Raiders.

Thanks man!! This means a lot coming from you, I just have an automatic camera but I try to get cool shots out of it!

I'm not sure, it's one of the best elements of the figure though, it looks really nice. I can't remember if Wicket's supposed to be fabric or leather. But this kind of gives you a leather-like feel to it. Reminds me of these fabric used to wash cars, that's a little rubbery, can't remember it's name though.

But it folds nicely and wraps around the head great. I think something like this would work perfect with Tusken Raiders.

No problem. I believe his head gear is supposed to be an animal skin.

No pictures as yet but my thoughts? He's a keeper. He may be a bit small but he looks like a good representation of the lil Ewok. The legs should probably be a bit thicker and I am NOT happy about the glued down headdress but overall its a nice VCD that will look good with my SS crew.

I am NOT happy about the glued down headdress but overall its a nice VCD that will look good with my SS crew.

Ya, the headdress being glue was a WTF moment for me, articulate the head but lock it down with his head gear glue to him :banghead

Question, should the legs articulate on him, it looks that way but mine won't budge with easy turning, if they should I try some measures to get them moving.

Ya, the headdress being glue was a WTF moment for me, articulate the head but lock it down with his head gear glue to him :banghead

Question, should the legs articulate on him, it looks that way but mine won't budge with easy turning, if they should I try some measures to get them moving.

Mine wont move either and Im not gonna risk it. I did rip the headdress from it's glued down position. It left some residue that Im gonna clean off sometime later. Overall Wicket is only 1cm shorter than he should be which really isn't that big a deal. He's gonna be kept and once you free the headdress he is a great figure.

Even with the glue, I like him. They really did a great job on the face, really captures him, the fur is really nice. It's not the most "action" figure, but that's forgivable when it looks so nice, like Jabba and Crumb, they can't do anything, but they both represent very well and look fantastic. Hopefully an Endor Leia comes along to join him.

Finally opened mine. I like it!

Okay maybe it's not $10 per inch good but I love me the Ewoks, what can I say?

11.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-1.jpg

Back