medicom vader.. episode 3 or rotj version?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cowboy said:
Can anyone show why the diffrence in the hands matters?
Would ya take the rots version if you couldn't get the rotj?

Basically on the ROTJ you have flippers for the hands to fit on. On the ROTS you have NOTHING for them to fit on.

review_medivader2_9.jpg

Picture from www.mwctoys.com

pixletwin said:
There are always ways to work around, if you have enough money. :lol

I thought I saw someone do a fix on these with medicom regular hands. They cut the base of the hands and used the post? Thought it was on this board, maybe it was on the medicom forum board? Anyone know?

Hmmmm, I don't own either but just from reading this thread it seems that ROTS is the better Vader. Everyone who says ROTJ is better doesn't really have a point beyond saying the OT is better. Everyone who says ROTS Vader is better has points on why it's better.

denger4000 said:
Hmmmm, I don't own either but just from reading this thread it seems that ROTS is the better Vader. Everyone who says ROTJ is better doesn't really have a point beyond saying the OT is better. Everyone who says ROTS Vader is better has points on why it's better.

My reason is just opinion. I don't need points. I just prefer having Shaw underneath (which I display frequently) and the flippers seem better than NO flippers, so there's a good point too I guess. They're both good, and if you don't care about who's under the helmet, get what you can cheapest. I went with my preference though.

How is the height in relation to the Sideshow figs? Is the Medi vader too short, or does it fit in well enough?

Yeah, I wish the ROTS one had Flippers or what they use one the Troopers. The hands just plain suck on the ROTS version. Though the height on the figure compared the SS figures is fine IMO.

mrhatrulez said:
How is the height in relation to the Sideshow figs? Is the Medi vader too short, or does it fit in well enough?

Medicom Vaders don't fit in with Sideshow. They're shorter and look better :)D )

The Medi Vader is exactly 12" tall, so he is too short to really work with the SST or Marmit figures. He is nicely detailed, so if you don't mind him being the same size as everyone else...All a matter of personal taste, I s'pose. By the way, I have the ROTJ version, which I prefer. Don't like the shoulder armor on the Sith version...PS

I have the ROTJ version and he is short compared to SS nad Marmit but I have hime displayed next to my RAH Sandtrooper so he looks fine
Over all the RAH ROTJ Vader rocks
undoubtably one of the best figures I have

Medicom Vaders don't fit in with Sideshow. They're shorter and look better :)D )

That's kind of a bummer. I would have been interested in getting one to display with my Sideshow SW figs. But he needs to tower over those guys... Better save my pennies for a Hurricane masterpiece! :lol

Medicom RAH ROTJ Darth Vader is the best figure I own, hands down. I wouldn't even consider the ROTS version if I were you.

I could have gotten both but I went with the ROTS one (I never liked "Shaw", not even as a kid back in 83). I received him a few weeks ago but opened and posed him yesterday...

Words and pictures cannot do this figure justice! Especially the face/head sculpt. Impressive... Most impressive!

The hands can be a bit of a pain but are by no means a deal breaker. Once he's posed, they should stay on.

:emperor:maul

That's kind of a bummer. I would have been interested in getting one to display with my Sideshow SW figs. But he needs to tower over those guys... Better save my pennies for a Hurricane masterpiece! :lol

He DOES tower over them....WITH QUALITY! I say don't EVER display Medi and SS together, because though shorter...well I'll just stop there with my OPINIONS. :D

My reason is just opinion. I don't need points. I just prefer having Shaw underneath (which I display frequently) and the flippers seem better than NO flippers, so there's a good point too I guess. They're both good, and if you don't care about who's under the helmet, get what you can cheapest. I went with my preference though.

Well not for nothing your sort of need points when someone is asking which to buy....

Well not for nothing your sort of need points when someone is asking which to buy....

Yeah, but in the end with this type of product it all comes down to opinion. It's not like a car where you can say look at the gas mileage and all these facts for an item that performs a service. With something like this, something where the only real thing the item does is to be looked at, all points are kinda void in the end because in the end it's really a matter of looking at 2 things and saying which you like to look at more.

And it's especailly tough since they both look equally great, it's just do you like ROTS or ROTJ more or do you not care?

Fine here's some points: If you like ROTS more get that, if you like ROTJ more get that, if you reall don't care get what's cheapest.

ROTJ Has flippers which are said to make posing with hands easier, ROTS has NO flipper which is said to be harder/more annoying to pose hands, BUT has "arms crossed" hands for that particular pose. ROTJ head sculpt (Shaw) in my opinion looks MUCH better than the ROTS crsipy, but that's an opinion.

At the end of the day it all really comes down to which LOOK do you like more. I like the ROTJ look more because of the nostalgia of the film and the Shaw sculpt. Thems my points, but they're all opinion based.

If your going for accuracy then it would have to be ROTJ. Correct me if I'm wrong but the ROTS version has the ROTJ helmet but all black (no color separation). The extra neck flare is absent and the proportions where very different (smaller face mask or larger dome...can't remember).
Like PosterBoyKelly said...I like if for the Nostalgia. This is Vader to me. The only way it could get more Vader is if Medicom did an accurate ANH version.

Re: medicom Vader.. episode 3 or rotj version?

I bought the rots version mainly because I couldn't find the rotj version. This one is awesome though, I don't like the non flippers but I will customize something so thats no problem. The head is awesome, great sculpt!! I really like the uniform!! Maybe when side show gets it in gear they'll do the rotj version! I'm with most people you can't go wrong with either version!! I'm happy!!:rotfl:lol:monkey5:google:D

Back