Medicom TDK Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you want a realistic looking figure go for hot toys or enterbay but if you like anime or cartoony looking figure go for medicom there good with their anime like dragon ball z , to tell you the truth i like all of them hottoys medi and enterbay and sideshow too ...

Last edited:
eigthsamurai, you're fighting a losing battle. There is a preference here for super-realistic figures and so anything that does not conform to those parameters is judged as faulty. The only thing that Medicom can legitimately be taken to task over is the quality of the plastics they use (in my very limited experience they do tend to break with more ease than they should) - the rest of the so-called defects (less detailed/anime-reminiscent sculpts, shorter/thinner basic bodies, etc) are design choices responding to a specific market, and the price-tag, well, it's up to Medicom what they want to charge and consumers can choose not to pay it. Since they continue to do business, I guess Medicom is getting paid by enough people.

None of that matters though - because for most people here, unless a product conforms exactly to what their own desires stipulate, it is crap/^^^^^e/etc. Try to argue differently, and you'll get shouted down. Medicom, like Sideshow and HT have made enough mis-steps in the past that those who want to criticise them as universally bad have enough ammunition to continue bashing them (yeah, Indy's accessories look cheap compared to, well, there's actually not much to compare them to unless you count a few prototype photos from a company who's products often change dramatically in the quality of their paint/fabrics between prototype and production...I digress).

For the record, I ordered the HT Two-Face as soon as preorders were possible and don't, in general, like the look of Medicom stuff. But I can appreciate that the reason I don't like it is not because it is in some way faulty, it's just not my style.

You wanna know what's crazy and says it all? Hot Toys' IRON MAN figures actually being the same price (or cheaper) than Medicom's Sweeney Todd, Royal Guard and Han Solo figures.

Absolutely mind-numbing. :duh

No. Hot Toys have set a general price range that they charge for their figures and don't deviate much from it - this way their customers know pretty much how to budget for their figures. They absorb the cost of tooling the new bodies or adding electronics by making a higher margin on more traditional figures like the Joker (and perhaps also by setting higher edition sizes, thus lower per-item cost, of the more expensive figures).

Medicom have also set a general price per figure that their customers can expect - it seems they feel (and by their continued presence in the market they must be pretty right) they can get customers at a higher price point. And depending on what price you're referring to, you should also take into account that Sideshow puts their own mark-up on them. Perhaps Medicom doesn't give SSC as much of a wholesaler discount as HT does.... Even if all things like that were equal, that sort of pricing argument doesn't make a lot of sense. Price comparison only works accurately when comparing items that are exactly the same.

No. Hot Toys have set a general price range that they charge for their figures and don't deviate much from it - this way their customers know pretty much how to budget for their figures. They absorb the cost of tooling the new bodies or adding electronics by making a higher margin on more traditional figures like the Joker (and perhaps also by setting higher edition sizes, thus lower per-item cost, of the more expensive figures).

Medicom have also set a general price per figure that their customers can expect - it seems they feel (and by their continued presence in the market they must be pretty right) they can get customers at a higher price point. And depending on what price you're referring to, you should also take into account that Sideshow puts their own mark-up on them. Perhaps Medicom doesn't give SSC as much of a wholesaler discount as HT does.... Even if all things like that were equal, that sort of pricing argument doesn't make a lot of sense. Price comparison only works accurately when comparing items that are exactly the same.

Semantics. They are the same. They're all (supposedly) 1/6 scaled action figures based on licensed Movie/TV characters.

I don't know why you Medi apologists have to get so defensive every single time the issue is broached. You're as bad as the haters or even the Sideshow apologists on here.

I own a dozen or more Medicom figures. I've always felt they were a bit over-priced, but it's now reached critical mass for two reasons: 1. Their prices have gotten even more puzzlingly high, and 2. Hot Toys (and even Sideshow) have really raised the bar in quality and detail while Medicom has not. I recently got the Hot Toys TDK Batman and Joker figures for $140-150 each as well as the Medicom RAH Henry Jones, Sr for $150. And, sorry, I can't help but shake my head at the fact that these figures are all roughly the same price.

If your contention is that Medicom makes non-detailed, cartoonish toys instead of mega-detailed 1/6 scaled action figures and that's how Medicom purists like it, then that's all well and good. Seriously, that's fine. But let's also stop pretending that these are "high-end" items. Because the bar has been raised, and they're not anymore. The only thing high-end about Medicom 12" figures these days... is the price.

All this negative critique is fair game on Medicom's figures possessing human portraits. I think most people here judge them solely on these figures and forget about the astounding Kamen Rider series or other lines that feature masked characters, or non-human ones.

Semantics. They are the same. They're all (supposedly) 1/6 scaled action figures based on licensed Movie/TV characters.

I don't know why you Medi apologists have to get so defensive every single time the issue is broached. You're as bad as the haters or even the Sideshow apologists on here.

I own a dozen or more Medicom figures. I've always felt they were a bit over-priced, but it's now reached critical mass for two reasons: 1. Their prices have gotten even more puzzlingly high, and 2. Hot Toys (and even Sideshow) have really raised the bar in quality and detail while Medicom has not. I recently got the Hot Toys TDK Batman and Joker figures for $140-150 each as well as the Medicom RAH Henry Jones, Sr for $150. And, sorry, I can't help but shake my head at the fact that these figures are all roughly the same price.

If your contention is that Medicom makes non-detailed, cartoonish toys instead of mega-detailed 1/6 scaled action figures and that's how Medicom purists like it, then that's all well and good. Seriously, that's fine. But let's also stop pretending that these are "high-end" items. Because the bar has been raised, and they're not anymore. The only thing high-end about Medicom 12" figures these days... is the price.

all this is true, and i agree with a lot of it (not all but most) whole heartedly. hell, i cancelled a whole bunch of medi preorders recently, i think all of them. my gripe is not about whether medi is lame or not. it's that there are some people who still like these figures but have to come into these threads to read about them and instead have to wade through the same old critiques about medi as a company before they get anywhere. don't you think it's kind of ridiculous?

for example, indy's accessories looking like crap is an adequate critique of the figure - it sucks for that figure and i would find that opinion useful. but all the other junk about price, height etc. we've read it a million times. WE KNOW all the clever jokes about medi figs being midgets. all i'm hoping for is people show the same courtesy to the medi THREADS (not the figures themselves) as they do to the sideshow ones. you know what it's like when people say the same old crap in the sideshow threads. and in fact people get emails from mods when it happens because all the regulars here complain like crazy. at a certain point all your usual medi complaints become relentless and dull. and some people, like me, get tired of it.

have a thread for general medi bashing and one for each of their figures. that makes more sense to me.

Ive had bad experiences with 3 figures from the Metal gear Solid 4 line from medicom,one after the other they got ruined because of the poor quality.After 1 disaster you would think they would fix the problem,which was a weak rubber suit that cracked open on elbows,armpits,thighs,crotch...but no,they gave the fans the same ^^^^ 2 more times,and because of that i wont buy any Medicom figure ever again,me and my seller of the first 2 figures tried to email Medicom,but no response,so im questioning Medicom as well as a company,NOT THEIR STYLE!
So i dont have anything against their figure style,some people like it.

I dont prefer their figures though except the Metal gear Solid figures,because no one else offers those,besides that,HT all the way for me.

Last edited:

Semantics? I'm not playing around with words in order to build my argument - the main thrust of my post was to point out that two separate companies don't have to subscribe to the same pricing model. If you're referring solely to the last two sentences, then yes, I guess general comparisons between two action figure companies can be made, but I still maintain that there are inherent differences which must be taken into account.

And really, I'm not getting defensive - or at least it's not my intention to be perceived that way. Like eighthsamurai I just get really bored with reading the same stuff over and over about what are obviously design and business decisions, and think it really must suck to be someone who is interested in buying this figure (again, that's not me) and have to wade through comments that critique Medicom's decisions as a company rather than the actual figure. Rock83's last post is of much more interest to me in how it brings up quality and customer service issues, than hearing complaints because you don't like the price. I'm not apologising for anything that Medicom does - I'm just taking issue with the basic premise of a lot of the criticisms that are on here.

Semantics is just this--

It doesn't matter what they're reasons are, to the customer, they see figures from Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Medicom, then they look at the price and quality, they don't care why a figure is more, all they know is that it doesn't look as good as the others that are around the same price or lower and that's the problem.

Anyways. I guess we should move on, I wonder if Medicom will continue the series after Two-Face?

It does seems that the usual medi defenders are making just as specious arguments as they'd accuse SSC and HT defenders of making.

And throwing generalizations around about the how board members here are all one thing or the other isn't really appreciated and is far from accurate.

if you look back, you'll see that i'm not a medi defender - i've largely given up on medi. you might also notice that i wasn't throwing around generalisations about the whole board. what i was attempting to do was appeal to people's better nature to not ruin every medi thread, but obviously this was lost somewhere.

but (and i don't care if this is appreciated or not, because it's my genuine opinion, and one that's actually shared by a good few people) there is a definite "clique" here that gets aways with behaving obnoxiously and it makes SSF a very uncomfortable place sometimes. that's the group mentality i was referring to - and according to many others i'm not just imagining it. new members put up with it in an attempt to fit in and eventually many of them feel like they have to conform to this mentality to enjoy this place. it's particularly apparent in medi threads or the star wars threads.

i was making a comment on how the forum might be bettered. you have a wealth of information here, some great members, and the most talented, gentlemanly and generous custom artists, and it looks like i'm going to have to stick to visiting customs threads. as far as many other threads are concerned, and sorry if this is unappreciated or if you feel its inaccurate but it's my opinion and i'll express it, many of them have become a bad joke.

There is no clique. Its just a lot of people share the same opinion. But then again, I AM the leader of those Medi haters....hehehe.

but (and i don't care if this is appreciated or not, because it's my genuine opinion, and one that's actually shared by a good few people) there is a definite "clique" here that gets aways with behaving obnoxiously and it makes SSF a very uncomfortable place sometimes. that's the group mentality i was referring to - and according to many others i'm not just imagining it. new members put up with it in an attempt to fit in and eventually many of them feel like they have to conform to this mentality to enjoy this place. it's particularly apparent in medi threads or the star wars threads.

Very true, I may be new here but I'm hardly able to participate in any constructive discussions expecially in the Medi threads.

If anyone looked back the past 15 pages and read all the posts, they will realised that there hasn't been any real constructive discussion going on. Its all just the same old bashing.

Very true, I may be new here but I'm hardly able to participate in any constructive discussions expecially in the Medi threads.

If anyone looked back the past 15 pages and read all the posts, they will realised that there hasn't been any real constructive discussion going on. Its all just the same old bashing.

It's been awhile since I popped into a 1/6th thread...but it's pretty pathetic to see the same crap comments that are from like 3 years ago. some people just can't let things go i guess. sad.

Yeah, same old, same old!
They're both nice, they both have a different aesthetic, it's our choice!

I only tend to get angry when 'one' company has a licence but screws it up, I have no choice then. This is a win, win situaion, just deal with it.

Sweet Lord.. :moon

20090831_0ab1112bbe2aee295120e0bEZ81hGjZG.jpg

20090831_aaa2d8c0fc753392614amRQixF5PEdJg.jpg

Back