Medicom ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they made a ton of changes between ROTS and ROTJ... probably just too much work to make a figure that's not a lot different. Also, there seem to be a lot of these out there, might not really be much money in a 3rd release.

I think theres around a thousand a piece.And most are high priced to hell now,With the occasional deal to be found.(i could see it happening sooner or later)If not i got a very cool vader.

Way I understand the matter is they made Jedi Vader to go with Jedi Luke. Why they chose that particular combo, who knows. Then ROTS came out and I'm sure they wanted to capitalize on that, so tweak a bit of armor hear and there, make some alternate gloved hands and a new head and easy enough, new figure to go along with the new film. Since then, they've just randomly produced figures in the line.

Thats right.

And i think the maul choice was awesome.(i never thought they would do him)And with the RAH body this is going to be fun.But medicom goes with whats popular so i think thats why we got maul.Really,just think of popular characters in SW and theres a chance medicom will make it.(especially if it's armored)

Medicom's only touched on primarily armor and only villains with 1 exception. They're focusing on a narrow view of the Star Wars universe. If Sideshow weren't touching upon characters Medi weren't I'm sure there'd be more discontent among collectors, but both lines build up a rich palette of characters for collectors to have.

Medicom's only touched on primarily armor and only villains with 1 exception. They're focusing on a narrow view of the Star Wars universe. If Sideshow weren't touching upon characters Medi weren't I'm sure there'd be more discontent among collectors, but both lines build up a rich palette of characters for collectors to have.

Damn straight thats why i love buying both man.(scale be damed)they both look awesome and are good figs.I mean who doesn't want a shockie to go behind Sidious that buys both?No matter what people think i win as a collector cause i like both.

Comes with like 3-4 different hand options.

this is the pose i got him in now

Nice shots! My pride and joy is the Hurricane Vader I've had for about 4 years or so now, but the lack of different hands kinda hamper the posability a bit. I'd almost be tempted to buy a Medicom Vader just so I can swap hands....

Here he is with a couple of Marmit troopers. The scale is just about perfect, I think.

DSC00336.jpg

I think theres around a thousand a piece.And most are high priced to hell now,With the occasional deal to be found.(i could see it happening sooner or later)If not i got a very cool vader.

I don't buy that 1,000 ES. It could be true, but if it were I think we'd see the secondary prices being a lot higher than they currently are. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the edition size is quite a bit larger.

You should pick one up, I still have lot's of fun with him and Luke
Duel04.jpg

Duel01Small.jpg

Duel0Small.jpg

Duel02Small.jpg

I don't buy that 1,000 ES. It could be true, but if it were I think we'd see the secondary prices being a lot higher than they currently are. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the edition size is quite a bit larger.

Yeah, I don't buy that either, you see it a lot on Ebay auctions but I'm sure there are more than 1000 Vader's made.

I actually just nabbed one of these guys for my collection recently as well. Not to disparage those that love the figure, but after all the praise I had read on the board I guess I was expecting a little more bang for my buck. Nice figure, but not as impressive as I had hoped. The wire in the cape is all over the place and the soft plastic shin armor is warped out of shape. Maybe I just received a bad one, but for the 180+ bucks it set me back I felt kinda ho hum about it. I like it, and its a good figure but I think I was just expecting it to be the be-all, end-all of Darth Vaders.

Sadly no figure is perfect... he's definitely the best production Vader around (I didn't have the same issues you mention) but still room for improvement. Of course the size does hurt the wow factor... but taken on his own he still looks great.

Maybe when you are sewing the costume for SSC Vader you can think of ways to improve Medicoms effort :monkey3

for the $100 I paid for mine it's great...if I paid $150 or more i wouldn't like him as much. I think it actually is the size that keeps me from being amazed by it and i don't mean the SS vs Medi issue. i guess with his size it keeps him from appearing intimidating to me. still a great fig and the best vader out there...outside of a Hurricane custom.

A shout out to teemu for an awesome figure at an awesome price.Thx man i've wanted this guy for a while now.

002-11.jpg

004-10.jpg

38.jpg

Thanks bro...looks like your having more fun with him than I did.Figure is still in my book the best Vader out there to date and I dont see Sideshow making one better unless they change their body and make him taller..Other than that..This is the best of the best

Back