Medicom RAH Fate/Zero 1/6 Saber Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o0450070312732738212.jpg

o0450069212732732653.jpg

o0450080712732733178.jpg

o0450068412732733521.jpg

o0450065812732733522.jpg

o0450065712732733520.jpg

o0450057612732733177.jpg

o0450061412732733174.jpg

o0450075612732733173.jpg

o0450060112732734172.jpg

Last edited:
She looks fantastic. Ia m so excited! This year and next year are the years of Medicom!

Medicom is really impressing me lately. Wouldn't have thought articulation would have been this nice!

Yeah guys, really excited about her and Superman Toys in CTMA Centre, Hong Kong listed her release date as 29th Nov next week.

Guess I will be getting payment email from AmiAmi soon and going to get her by EMS for fast shipping and full insurance coverage.

Saber used to be my favorite anime character. I had so many figures of her a handful of years back when she still hadn't had that massive boom in popularity. Now so many figures of her come out that I stopped collecting them. This will be my first Saber in a long time and it's looking to be the best one around too :)

I'll have to quickly preorder Alter if the normal Saber turns out nice. I'm guessing Alter will sell out once the Japanese get Saber in hand and word of mouth spreads that it's an awesome figure.

I got my payment request from AmiAmi. I'm having Saber and King Crimson shipped via EMS. I can't wait to get them!

She came in the mail. I'm opening her as we speak. I'll post pictures soon!

First thing I noticed was that her box was huge and HEAVY. You can tell it was stuffed. It's probably the nicest box I've seen from Medicom, but then again I haven't gotten their recent stuff and it seems like they changed a lot of how they do things recently.

The box is beautiful and it has a nice thick quality feeling to it. They made it so that opening it reveals her magic circle and that covers most of the box's inside. It's really lovely. Normally I don't pay much attention to the box, but it's hard not to here.

It's nice to see Medicom step it up with bases. I'm liking the large Figma base approach since I think that's the best style of base for a figure, much better than the Hot Toys standard one. While it's true this base is a step in the right direction, it's way too flimsy to really keep up with the figure. I feel like highly dynamic mass produced fairly priced 1/6 bases are more like a dream than any reality. I think this style of base would yield the most potential if it was stronger though.

If you were hoping to do midair poses it won't be easy and personally I would suspect she would fall after awhile unless you have her back against a wall.

What I do not really understand is the "magic square" bonus they included. As far as I can tell it's just some cheap thin circle sheet, but they did not include any kind of base to make it larger or a way to plug Saber on top of it or anything. I guess the idea is you put her on the regular base and then just plop that on top of the summoner circle. It's a disappointing exclusive to say the least. They could have done a lot more with it I think.

Medicom is finally stepping it up on accessories outside their Jojo line. Saber comes with three faces and two changeable hair styles, which is a lot of head content. She comes with a bunch of unarmored and armored hands so you can remove the armor for a casual look too. Finally, she has a huge sword effect that looks awesome.

The armor, especially the boots, is quite cool. It's not diecast of course, but they went for a kind of material and paint application that makes the armor stand out from the fabrics. The tailoring looks great. I'm surprised how well Saber's outfit came out.

The faces are beautiful. It's 100% accurate to the character. In a lot of ways this new modern kind of RAH is like a blown up Figma, and I mean that in the best way possible since Figma are excellent too.

Articulation is about as well as you would expect here. Her arms have pretty good range of motion while her legs are a little limited going front due to the outfit, but going out to the sides you can take them surprisingly far. There's a lot a kind of trick. The way her legs go into the hip socket is very simple so you can just pull at the leg to disconnect them. Doing this would probably make her look a little taller and maybe give more poseability. If you have her hovering with the stand it won't be something that hinders her balance anyway.

Her sword has a kind of metallic finish to it that looks really cool up close. From afar it reflects light really nicely. The huge swirling effect part where her sword is still invisible also comes with its own translucent sword too so you've got quite a few options there. And the best part of her Excalibur, the sheathe, is of course included and absolutely beautiful.

Food for thought: Medicom's approach of always giving hands their own pegs is a great idea. I noticed fiddling with Saber that she seems to have been designed with quality control and ham handling in mind. There seem to be sort of anti-breaking strategies to her design. The way the joints and armor work make it nice and easy to handle her without fear. I had a ton of trouble trying to get her to hold her sword though. Fitting the hands into the sword is puzzling at best. In fact I'm still trying to do it :rotfl I might give up and just use her slightly held out hands instead (and hope no one notices). EDIT: I finally got them in, but doing so had to loosen them up so much they just slide down the handle :lol

Once you get the hands in the sword though it's super fun to pose. The sturdiness makes posing her feel more realistic. She kind of poses herself! Of course I'm taking about the invisible sword here. I'm sure the regular one would be much easier to put into the hands.

Overall Medicom has really stepped up their game recently. This might beat their Darker than Black Hei as my favorite 1/6 figure. Looks like I'll have to preorder Saber Alter soon! Also, I need to get their Madoka RAHs since those look great as well.

As usual my photos are garbage. I just take a few for now until the real masters get their figures and post the pictures people actually want :lol

3cNwafH.jpg

wqYTu5c.jpg

tma5an6.jpg

And as a quick side note she will NOT fit in a Detolf if you intend to have her holding the sword straight up. If she holds it out to the side to enough of an extent that the tip of the sword is just a few inches above her head, then she will fit comfortably though it covers a lot of horizontal space that way. I think she looks most impressive with it over her head held up high so if you have a display case that can fit it, I say go for it.

Last edited:
First thing I noticed was that her box was huge and HEAVY. You can tell it was stuffed. It's probably the nicest box I've seen from Medicom, but then again I haven't gotten their recent stuff and it seems like they changed a lot of how they do things recently.

The box is beautiful and it has a nice thick quality feeling to it. They made it so that opening it reveals her magic circle and that covers most of the box's inside. It's really lovely. Normally I don't pay much attention to the box, but it's hard not to here.

It's nice to see Medicom step it up with bases. I'm liking the large Figma base approach since I think that's the best style of base for a figure, much better than the Hot Toys standard one. While it's true this base is a step in the right direction, it's way too flimsy to really keep up with the figure. I feel like highly dynamic mass produced fairly priced 1/6 bases are more like a dream than any reality. I think this style of base would yield the most potential if it was stronger though.

If you were hoping to do midair poses it won't be easy and personally I would suspect she would fall after awhile unless you have her back against a wall.

What I do not really understand is the "magic square" bonus they included. As far as I can tell it's just some cheap thin circle sheet, but they did not include any kind of base to make it larger or a way to plug Saber on top of it or anything. I guess the idea is you put her on the regular base and then just plop that on top of the summoner circle. It's a disappointing exclusive to say the least. They could have done a lot more with it I think.

Medicom is finally stepping it up on accessories outside their Jojo line. Saber comes with three faces and two changeable hair styles, which is a lot of head content. She comes with a bunch of unarmored and armored hands so you can remove the armor for a casual look too. Finally, she has a huge sword effect that looks awesome.

The armor, especially the boots, is quite cool. It's not diecast of course, but they went for a kind of material and paint application that makes the armor stand out from the fabrics. The tailoring looks great. I'm surprised how well Saber's outfit came out.

The faces are beautiful. It's 100% accurate to the character. In a lot of ways this new modern kind of RAH is like a blown up Figma, and I mean that in the best way possible since Figma are excellent too.

Articulation is about as well as you would expect here. Her arms have pretty good range of motion while her legs are a little limited going front due to the outfit, but going out to the sides you can take them surprisingly far. There's a lot a kind of trick. The way her legs go into the hip socket is very simple so you can just pull at the leg to disconnect them. Doing this would probably make her look a little taller and maybe give more poseability. If you have her hovering with the stand it won't be something that hinders her balance anyway.

Her sword has a kind of metallic finish to it that looks really cool up close. From afar it reflects light really nicely. The huge swirling effect part where her sword is still invisible also comes with its own translucent sword too so you've got quite a few options there. And the best part of her Excalibur, the sheathe, is of course included and absolutely beautiful.

Food for thought: Medicom's approach of always giving hands their own pegs is a great idea. I noticed fiddling with Saber that she seems to have been designed with quality control and ham handling in mind. There seem to be sort of anti-breaking strategies to her design. The way the joints and armor work make it nice and easy to handle her without fear. I had a ton of trouble trying to get her to hold her sword though. Fitting the hands into the sword is puzzling at best. In fact I'm still trying to do it :rotfl I might give up and just use her slightly held out hands instead (and hope no one notices). EDIT: I finally got them in, but doing so had to loosen them up so much they just slide down the handle :lol

Once you get the hands in the sword though it's super fun to pose. The sturdiness makes posing her feel more realistic. She kind of poses herself! Of course I'm taking about the invisible sword here. I'm sure the regular one would be much easier to put into the hands.

Overall Medicom has really stepped up their game recently. This might beat their Darker than Black Hei as my favorite 1/6 figure. Looks like I'll have to preorder Saber Alter soon! Also, I need to get their Madoka RAHs since those look great as well.

As usual my photos are garbage. I just take a few for now until the real masters get their figures and post the pictures people actually want :lol

3cNwafH.jpg

wqYTu5c.jpg

tma5an6.jpg

She's awesome monger.

I know. It's a figure worthy of Saber :monkey2

After seeing how she turned out, I'm 100% confident Guts and Mikasa will be just as wonderful in hand.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting her! Looks like an amazing figure Monger! Not sure if Medicom announced other figures, but if they made Rider or Archer with the same quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on getting her! Looks like an amazing figure Monger! Not sure if Medicom announced other figures, but if they made Rider or Archer with the same quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far we just have Saber, Saber Alter, and then Saber in her suit. They have the general license since they're doing Saber Alter, but unfortunately, knowing Medicom we might not get anything beyond just Saber. At the very least we should get Kiritsugu and maybe Shirou (with Archer arm as an accessory) as well.

I want her now!! Liking the review has very little in way of complaints but I'd probably find one or two of my own to nag. XD

Hmm..since they made Alter..any chance they might make Lily?

I want her now!! Liking the review has very little in way of complaints but I'd probably find one or two of my own to nag. XD

Hmm..since they made Alter..any chance they might make Lily?

I'd love a Saber Lily. I could see her being a con exclusive down the road.

Back