medicom rah ESB boba fett MODS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dh4x39.jpg

Added a wire to the cape! Lost my earpiece.. Fell through a hole in the wooden floor..

Will have to find a solution.. :(

I swapped my ROTJ over to a slim TT. If anyone needs the newer Medi body to swap over an old jango or ESB fett let me know.

All the parts fit well. Had to heat up the cod piece to get it on but I think it looks better IMO. Pretty easy to add ht wrist pegs to the hands. The only thing I'm having issue with is connecting the head to the neck. Not sure what I want to do yet.

eczamurai, I noticed a paint rub on the dome of my Medi helm and tried to touch it up with some Testors Panzer Olivgrun but it was a bit too green and didn't match. Do you know the exact color of the Medi helm on the dome? It looks more of just a Panzer Gray but I can't be sure.

eczamurai, I noticed a paint rub on the dome of my Medi helm and tried to touch it up with some Testors Panzer Olivgrun but it was a bit too green and didn't match. Do you know the exact color of the Medi helm on the dome? It looks more of just a Panzer Gray but I can't be sure.

Not a clue bro, my girl helps me out with colors because I can't see colors for the life of me. :lol

Just received my Medi fett yesterday and I pretty much have my medimix fett where I want him. Just need to do a few more tweaks.

I took the sideshow suit and dyed it china blue. Think it came out nicely. I used the medi helmet, armor, knee pads, and neck protector (cut it off of the medi jumpsuit). Used sideshow suit, feet, tools, jet pack, wrists, hands, and rifle. Used a hot toys slim body and screwed the medi neck on to it.

I wasn't happy with the neck length so I sawed a hot toys neck plug in half and glued it into the Fett head. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the plug to fit the medi neck. With the TT neck plug (the part I used is the part that would go into the hot toys neck) the Fett head is basically flat on the bottom. it raised the head about 1/8 inch.

I then used magnets to attach the jet pack. anyway here are some pics.

so5mjs.jpg

25fli54.jpg

35l6pnb.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work man - looks great!! :clap :rock

I've wanted - on & off, to do this kind of thing myself. I don't own any 1/6 Boba Fett figures, so I'd be sourcing all the best bits from scratch. Just recently, I saw the SSC Fett at a local gaming shop for the first time in person - & nearly fell on the floor with laughter - it looked awful. :lol

Too much effort & money at this stage for me to bother, but it's always good to see successful projects like yours take shape & work out. :cool:

Yeah, looks really good. You did all the same things I did but I still need to get the SSC feet and lower the jet pack,I still have the Medi. I used a different neck piece too. I haven't dyed the jumpsuit because I hate dying things. Pearl Blue? Is that RIT? How long did you keep it submerged?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I used Dylon China blue. I followed the instructions on the back except I cut everything down by 1/4. All in all it was submerged for 1 hour. Came out perfect I think. It's a nice blue grey.

The magnets for attaching the jet pack worked good. I put small washers inside the back armor where I wanted them and stuck them down with glue tabs. I then glued two small magnets on the jet pack.

As far as the sideshow fett goes, yeah it's not great. The medimix is superior but I do still have a sideshow one on display. Mine is on a TrueType with dyed jumpsuit. If you put it on a narrow shoulder TrueType it looks quite good. It is amazing what a good body does for a figure. I have my sideshow with dyed jumpsuit displayed with my other bounty hunters. The medimix is going in a detolf.

Last edited:
I agree with the money thing though. Really shouldn't have to spend nearly$400 to do what Sideshow should've done in the first place

Well now I think its complete... for now at least.

The magnets didn't work for the jetpack. pulled the straps from the sideshow one and attached the jetpack with those. Also took the wired sideshow cape and attached it to my custom. Makes a huge difference with the wired cape.

xc2aep.jpg

Back