Medicom RAH Berserk Guts (Black Swordsman) 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom RAH Berserk Guts (Black Swordsman) Figure

Was waiting for this. Definate get.

Berserk Armor next.

Yes, please, Berserk Armor next!!!

Oh man I am all over this! Still though I wish Hot Toys would make a Berserk Figure. My Link RAH just pales in comparison to my SS, HT, and 3A figures.

Oh man I am all over this! Still though I wish Hot Toys would make a Berserk Figure. My Link RAH just pales in comparison to my SS, HT, and 3A figures.

I don't know why hot toys would be a better option. They don't do anime. Medicom does and it's a good job. Hot toys is busy banging stark to do anime figures

No, you really don't. Medicom is the king of Manga/Anime figures.

HLJ has preorders up at 27,000 yen. I put in an order for now.........

No, you really don't. Medicom is the king of Manga/Anime figures.

Their Capt Harlock is way superior to Link and both of those are CG Anime characters. I see no reason why Guts wouldn't be better served by Hot Toys. Also look at the difference in the face sculpts between Medicom's MGS 3 Snake, and Hot Toys.

Now Granted this is a custom figure, but could imagine Hot Toys quality to be similar.

6945752001_0f89711063_o.jpg

Honestly, and I don't know about the rest of you guys, but it's not a matter of looks for me.

I love this anime, and would gladly box up another Medicom figure to display a proper 1/6 Guts figure, but not if it's from Medicom.

They're great figures... at first. And then, once they've settled into a pose, or god forbid you go through a move, well... yeah. I've had many a Medicom figure and was a vocal supporter of their products in the past. However, their bodies are beyond hopeless. I kid you not when I say half of the Medicom figs I still own are now broken. One apparently during the move and two while reposing for the new display.

They need to completely overhaul their figure bodies at this point. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I simply can't trust anything that resembles the older models. And I mean, for $229 to a whopping $299 price tag... there should only be small quality control issues. Having your figures fall to pieces on you is way beyond unacceptable, even IF it's four or five years down the road.

Granted, Hot Toys isn't any better in certain respects, but I have quite a lot of them and not one has ever broken. Period. So, I can pretty much rest assured that, for the most part, I'm getting a quality product, give or take a few flaws or outfit issues. With this though... I would vomit in my mouth and emit flames from my eye sockets if this figure snapped on me two years down the line.

Just thought I would add my two cents, as we should all have options and I would love for other companies to delve heavily into 1/6 anime figures, besides just Medicom.

Honestly, and I don't know about the rest of you guys, but it's not a matter of looks for me.

I love this anime, and would gladly box up another Medicom figure to display a proper 1/6 Guts figure, but not if it's from Medicom.

They're great figures... at first. And then, once they've settled into a pose, or god forbid you go through a move, well... yeah. I've had many a Medicom figure and was a vocal supporter of their products in the past. However, their bodies are beyond hopeless. I kid you not when I say half of the Medicom figs I still own are now broken. One apparently during the move and two while reposing for the new display.

They need to completely overhaul their figure bodies at this point. I sure I'm not alone when I say that I simply can't trust anything that resembles the older models. And I mean, for $229 to a whopping $299 price tag... there should only be small quality control issues. Having your figures fall to pieces on you is way beyond unacceptable, even IF it's four or five years down the road.

Granted, Hot Toys isn't any better in certain respects, but I have quite a lot of them and not one has ever broken. Period. So, I can pretty much rest assured that, for the most part, I'm getting a quality product, give or take a few flaws or outfit issues. With this though... I would vomit in my mouth and emit flames from my eye sockets if this figure snapped on me two years down the line.

Just thought I would add my two cents, as we should all have options and I would love for other companies to delve heavily into 1/6 anime figures, besides just Medicom.

I hear you. Older Medicom releases have been pretty fragile and it put me off from anything from them. However, more recent figures from Medicom have been more durable as I haven't heard of any major breakages except on the attack on titan 3D gear.

Interesting that people keep talking about medicom bodies breaking like it was pre 2012. If anybody purchase figures released post 2012 would realise they used different materials for their new bodies and are a million times more solid but still retains the poseablity.

lol thats a custom hes a member on here .

giphy.gif

Poor him. It's become obsolete now.

Interesting that people keep talking about medicom bodies breaking like it was pre 2012. If anybody purchase figures released post 2012 would realise they used different materials for their new bodies and are a million times more solid but still retains the poseablity.

I have some old medicoms, and the bodies suck ass. But the Band of the Hawk Guts is rock solid and feels more like a Hot Toys body.

Yea my band of the hawk guts and naruto figures are awesome....... i dont know why people always look to hot toys for everything. They are good but they dont cater to everyone just comic and old school movie fans.

Exactly. I have been buying medicom rah since the beginning and it noticed the difference. I guess the stigma and misconception of the rah bodies being brittle will always stick because a lot of people were burned over breakages from the pre 2012 medicom figures era. I totally understand people's anger over the breakages because I had my fair share but to keep hearing about brittleness over new released figures is just misinformation.

If some of you guys are interested to get relatively cheaper rahs do let me know. I can let u know where i get my stuff. Some of them are 40% off retail. I believe I could get 12000 yen for a Guts figure before shipping. The website is japan based but they do communicate in English and deliver worldwide. I have bought over 20 rahs and never come across any problems. I would chose ems for delivery though.

BOH Guts is the only Medicom I have that I'm not worried about posing out of fear of breakage.

yeah, I swapped lots of my fave medicom figures to the new bodies and I have been posing the heck out of them.
I would almost never pose my figures like this if they had the pre 2012 rah bodies.

I'm pretty new to this hobby and I was SUPER disappointed in my Skyward Sword Link from Medicom. I look at my Capt. Harlock by Hot Toys, or Lost Planet Mercenary by 3A and the quality on more than just the body is apparent. The fact alone that they are slightly smaller than Side Show, HT, and 3A bugs the hell out of me.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think that this Guts figure looks great, and I'm excited to get it. I just want these characters I love held to a higher standard.

Back