Medicom RAH 1/6 Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4142.jpg

Great work Adlantis! I've gotta say I'm loving this figure. I think Medicom have done an amazing job on the tailoring. If we could get one of the well known sculptors on the thread to offer an alternative Alex sculpt this would only add to sn already fantastic piece@

Thank you :)

Finally got a Medicom Alex at a very good price! I've wanted this figure, figuratively speaking since it did not exist yet back then, for the longest time!

And now Mezco is throwing their bowler hat into the ring with a One:12 version!!

I think I'm gonna stick with the Mafex though...at that scale, the clothes just look too big.

I don't know. Could be cool though.

And now Mezco is throwing their bowler hat into the ring with a One:12 version!!

I think I'm gonna stick with the Mafex though...at that scale, the clothes just look too big.

I try to keep movie figures in 1/6, but the Mezco looks too good, can't resist.

I thought the same thing until I got my hands on several of them. The fit of the fabric is phenomenal and the attention to detail is the best out there. The only competition they have in the scale is Neca but that's like comparing apples and oranges. These little bastards are miniature hot toys. I have a Mafex pre-ordered as well as two of the Mezco figs. I'm sure I'll get blasted to pieces for this but my favorite 1/6 Alex before this was the craftone. I like it so much I had Malcolm McDowell sign one for me at a convention. I still think Figure Club Clockless Alex is neck and neck with this figure though. I always hated the redman figure..... something is just not right about that one. I've never seen Rainmans in person so I withhold judgment but in pictures it doesn't look the best.

Totally agree on the quality of the tailoring on the Medicom figure, the corduroy type shirt in particular is really well made and the 1/6 body is just right for the outfit. Bravo Medicom! I'd love to see a highly detailed head sculpt now to top it off.

We really need a top quality Alex Delarge head-sculpt.

Its shameful. Every single one out there just sucks. Including this one.

Yet we have endlesss Indys, even multiples of obscure guys like Anton and Daniel Planview have multiple quality options. Not saying Indy and those guys shouldn't have the best of the best as they are all amazing characters but the lack of Alex I always found baffling.

As for this figure the head sculpt sucks. There's no other way to put it or argue it. It's like a child's toy.

Where it wins, and it can't be denied is the body and outfit (minus the plastic parts)

I have something up my sleeve for a reworked Alex using the best of what's readily available out there.

Here's a quick and dirty comparison I made in microsoft paint.

These are all prototype pics of course, so final products won't be as good.

I like smaller figures and less doll-like qualities, so MAFEX is the clear winner for me....IF the production piece isn't a QC riddled mess.

Alexes.jpg

Mez looks better to me, those are some ugly joints on the MAFEX and the sculpt looks cartoony. The Mez isn't perfect, but it does look like a real person.

Back