Medicom RAH 1/6 Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about the 1/6 version, but the 1/12 Mafex version's hat is not removable. I mean, it IS, but this is what it looks like with the hat off:

51nsfrw7aeL._SL1600_.jpg

There's plenty of pics in this thread of the 1/6 figure with his hat off. No mystery there.

Now that we have this slam dunk from Kubrick's catalog, how bout one I've always wanted:

Tom Cruise in mask and cloak from Eyes Wide Shut!!

Wouldn't even really need to pay for his license fee if there's no unmasked version!

MV5BOWM3OTEzYTEtZTUxNy00MmRiLTg4YzItODFjMzc1MmMxZTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2NzgwOTE@._V1_.jpg
EXHIBITIONS_Stanley-Kubrick-The-Exhibition_Contemporary-Jewish-Museum-SF_LITTLE-MAGAZINE_littlem.jpg

And the Clockwork Orange train just a keeps on rollin!!!

Just saw this from Medicom......a figure in their UDF line (no, that's not a contraceptive device...it means Ultra Detail Figures.)

These are statues. Little plastic statues in fixed poses. No articulation.

Well, Alex here just seems to be the MAFEX with all the articulation removed. It's supposed to be the same size too, 6 inches.

It's slightly cheaper, but still around $50 to $60 bucks. I guess this is for people that just really hate articulation gaps on their figures.

Man....all these decades with no Alex and now we have options galore. It's crazy!!

61Qel6Hf-TL._SL1500_.jpg
61WpEocmVWL._SL1500_.jpg

Personally, I still prefer the MAFEX, but this looks very nice for what it is. There's a listing on amazon japan and I imagine all the import shops will get it too.

And why not? Even though I'm perfectly happy with my Mafex, and I will not be purchasing any more Alexes, it's still fun to look at all the various offerings that came up in a short amount of time. And this isn't even the goofy stuff like Funko or Head Wobblers or anything. These are all more or less "realistic" Alexes in eiter 6 or 12 inches, all officially licensed.

Wonder who the holdout was all these years...Kubrick estate or Malcolm McDowall. I'd imagine it was the Kubricks. MacDowell is in so many bad movies and TV shows these days it seems like he'd jump at the chance for some cash.

Alexes updated.jpg

Yep. That's the one for me. Hopefully it ships soon! Although I'll have to wait a while for uk retailers to get him. I hope he's available in time for Santa to bring him.....

Now that we have this slam dunk from Kubrick's catalog, how bout one I've always wanted:

Tom Cruise in mask and cloak from Eyes Wide Shut!!

Wouldn't even really need to pay for his license fee if there's no unmasked version!

View attachment 419286
View attachment 419287

Yes! Ive always wondered why no one has tackled this in 1/6 scale. I think it would look great on a shelf

Im thinking of picking up a Mezco 1/6 alex when they come out and trying to use the head for a custom. Maybe get it repainted. Any one else planning on doing this?

If anyone is interested who owns the Medicom or Mezco 1/12 Alex, I made the 'D*ck Rocker' accessory which I feel should have been included.

Selling them for $25 shipped worldwide. PM me if interested.
Below is a WIP, final will be fully white, glossed and smooth.

698D2465-543D-46E4-8C30-79E9FD5FD63B.jpeg

Anyone planning on picking up the rotocast 12 inch figure from Mezco? It should be hitting right about now.

I'm pretty much satisfied with my MAFEX, but I don't know...this one looks really cool too. But do I NEED two Alexes? Nah. Nobody NEEDS more than one of any character, yet I bet we all have dozens of figures of the same characters in our collections.

If anyone sees any nice pics of the final production piece, please post them here!

Anyone planning on picking up the rotocast 12 inch figure from Mezco? It should be hitting right about now.

I'm pretty much satisfied with my MAFEX, but I don't know...this one looks really cool too. But do I NEED two Alexes? Nah. Nobody NEEDS more than one of any character, yet I bet we all have dozens of figures of the same characters in our collections.

If anyone sees any nice pics of the final production piece, please post them here!

Mezco posted this about a month ago, and its all I've seen. Im thinking about picking it up for the sculpt and trying to use it on a 1/6 articulated body but Ill wait for the reviews to roll in. Paint work on the face isn't amazing but its a $50 figure so I can't complain

Looks real horror show.

I'd love to pick one up but it's expensive in Japan.

Back