Medicom RAH 1/6 Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen this go as low as 225 on eBay and it’s not very good it’s not worth a penny more.

350 is blasphemous!

Yeah I was hoping for something cheaper than 350. To be honest I'm really only looking for the clothing and accessories, not too pushed about the head. Also does anybody know where I'd be able to get the ***** rocker that comes with the clockless orange Alex? Looking for it for awhile but could never pin one down.

I got mine got the clothing and the milk and cane were the only accessories fit enough for me

To be clear in a world of god awful Alex heads I’d still say this medicom head is among the worst of the worst but it has the best clothes we have seen,

I got the ***** statue off toy anxiety about a year ago from the red man set.

I got mine got the clothing and the milk and cane were the only accessories fit enough for me

To be clear in a world of god awful Alex heads I’d still say this medicom head is among the worst of the worst but it has the best clothes we have seen,

I got the ***** statue off toy anxiety about a year ago from the red man set.

From what I've seen the medicom head looks like the best produced to me, but then again I haven't seen it in person.

Clothes and accessories all look great, are the mask and bowler hat up to standard? Colouring of the mask seems spot on but again haven't seen it in person.

Yeah I checked Toy anxiety but no sign of it anywhere. Really really nice accessory.

In person I can say this about the medicom head. It's painted OK, meaning it has a nice finish and texturing to the skin but the sculpt. Good God I can not even begin. It's so bad like 2007 medicom bad that it almost looks stylized. And if you look at it that way you might be satisfied. but the problem its not a cool style, or even a kitch style its just bad crappy toy sculpt style. Like the hair... it's truly laughable.

I put a repainted reman head on mine.

But I legit was impressed with the body and tailoring. it's pretty shocking that medicom has smoked any offering gf Alex including Yunsil

The boots pass, but I upgraded to a real leather set from Newline.

The cane is the most accurate we have seen but far from accurate. the real one was rigid and not a smooth staff. But the head is most accurate to anything including the Rainman one.

The hat is terrible soft, oversized, rubbery with no detail. pretty much garbage fodder.

The codpiece passes and would be better with a repaint but that's only because other than the Rainman a good one does not exist on the market.

the milk is good

finally the mask. it's pretty bad but it's better than the reman or figures club. Again Rainman's smokes them all.

If you buy this set it will be for the clothes and body and if you're after the best Alex you can get, it will be worth it for that.

In person I can say this about the medicom head. It's painted OK, meaning it has a nice finish and texturing to the skin but the sculpt. Good God I can not even begin. It's so bad like 2007 medicom bad that it almost looks stylized. And if you look at it that way you might be satisfied. but the problem its not a cool style, or even a kitch style its just bad crappy toy sculpt style. Like the hair... it's truly laughable.

I put a repainted reman head on mine.

But I legit was impressed with the body and tailoring. it's pretty shocking that medicom has smoked any offering gf Alex including Yunsil

The boots pass, but I upgraded to a real leather set from Newline.

The cane is the most accurate we have seen but far from accurate. the real one was rigid and not a smooth staff. But the head is most accurate to anything including the Rainman one.

The hat is terrible soft, oversized, rubbery with no detail. pretty much garbage fodder.

The codpiece passes and would be better with a repaint but that's only because other than the Rainman a good one does not exist on the market.

the milk is good

finally the mask. it's pretty bad but it's better than the reman or figures club. Again Rainman's smokes them all.

If you buy this set it will be for the clothes and body and if you're after the best Alex you can get, it will be worth it for that.

Great to know! I'll keep this in mind when I'm getting mine!

And now Mezco is also releasing a 12 inch figure, but it's not a highly articulated body with cloth outfit. It appears to be a solid plastic rotocast figure like their Mega Thundercats, which I thought were very nicely done actually.

I think this blows the Medicom out of the water, and for a fraction of the price too. But I'm sure most collectors on this forum will think it's too "low end."

I'm still going for the Mafex...that's the scale and style I prefer, but I think this one looks awesome. If it were 8-10 inches I might have gone for it, but generally I don't like 1/6 stuff cause it just takes up too much space.

Mezco-12-Inch-Clockwork-Orange-Alex-004.jpg

I agree it LOOKS better than the Medicom however with no articulation, you can't really call it a "figure". It's more like a 1/6 scale statue. For the price though, I might consider picking it up and using the sculpt and maybe the boots.....if it's true 1/6 scale. :/

And now Mezco is also releasing a 12 inch figure, but it's not a highly articulated body with cloth outfit. It appears to be a solid plastic rotocast figure like their Mega Thundercats, which I thought were very nicely done actually.

I think this blows the Medicom out of the water, and for a fraction of the price too. But I'm sure most collectors on this forum will think it's too "low end."

I'm still going for the Mafex...that's the scale and style I prefer, but I think this one looks awesome. If it were 8-10 inches I might have gone for it, but generally I don't like 1/6 stuff cause it just takes up too much space.

View attachment 404387

Amazing likeness.

Added the new one to the comparison pic. Remember these are all prototypes so of course the real toys won't look this good. I think this new one might be the best, at least for me. Likeness is good and he doesn't look like he's wearing ill-fitting doll clothes, and since there's no leg articulation it's a good sculpt. Yeah, it is like a bigger McFarlane figure but I don't really change my figures' poses often anyway.

I'm kinda torn now between this one and the Mafex. This one is cheaper, but it's bigger. I don't know.

Alexes.jpg

they are both bad. That thing looks like a little McFarlane blown up and why can't anyone get the damn cane right?It's not smooth its actually jagged.

What do you mean by "jagged?" It looks to me like the finish might be rough but the shape looks smooth to me in these stills. Would you prefer a splotchier paint job?

vlcsnap-2018-04-13-21h34m48s471.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-04-13-21h35m03s424.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-04-13-21h35m30s085.jpg

Sorry by jagged I’m referring to the cane shape basically it’s more organic than completely symmetrical and smooth. The first still is blurred so it’s not effective to see but the second and bottom one especially on the far left of the photo you can see. There are pictures of the actual prop online where it’s easier to see.

Also I don’t think you can really compare things like the fit of the clothes etc with an articulated stature vs a 12 inch clothed figure. They are totally different things. I think a six inch plastic figure blown up always looks terrible with the exception of NECAs 18inch guys because they are sculpted to have that kind of detail.

Medicom doesn’t really produce good work for their kind of thing compared to neca but even likeness aside which is better as crude and sloppy as this medicom Head sculptnis it’s acruslly a lot better than the medicom. It was actually probably the worst modern day 1/6 scale head sculpt I’ve seen since 2005. Staggeringly bad.

In any case it’s nice to see licensed figures finally after all this time.

I would expect at this time the only hope in hell we have at finally getting a halfway decent Alex figure will be blitzway as I know hot toys has no interest in producing something like this. Too many avenger dollars to be made from your 90th Tony stark...

From what I've seen the medicom head looks like the best produced to me, but then again I haven't seen it in person.

Clothes and accessories all look great, are the mask and bowler hat up to standard? Colouring of the mask seems spot on but again haven't seen it in person.
I've owned this figure since it first came out and think it's by far the best Alex likeness. Although it's far from perfect and is a bit stylized, it's still the most accurate. The big problem I have with it is that the head is oversized. The very soft hair scult is also an issue, but the nearly 1/5 scale head looks a bit out of place next to most modern 1/6 figure heads. On it's own, it doesn't look disproportionate.
The mask is exceptional and the bowler is fine. It's very pliable and has a funky smell; but could have been made slightly smaller to fit a bit more snug. The cain is the best so far, but does have an obvious plastic look. The outfit is top-notch. The shirt is tailored great/not too thick and has all the accurate buttons that the other figures lack. I even perfer the included sculpted boots compared to soft good ones. One thing I noticed right away is the bottom portions of the suspenders are incorrect; but it's not a big deal to me.
So yeah, the head is oversized and the sculpt is soft. At least the paint job is good and it has the little speckling on the skin. The PERS are a great touch. But like I was saying, I still think it's hands down the best Alex DeLarge headsculpt/figure to date (including the ones that haven't came out yet). It's quite the pretty penny at $300 - which is what I paid. For the everyday 1/6 collector, it's not worth it at all..but if your a huge Clockwork Orange/Alex fan like me, it is.

MAFEX Alex has arrived!

I was a bit nervous, cause this is my first MAFEX figure and we've all heard horror stories about them falling apart.

Pleasantly surprised that Alex appears to be pretty solid. He looks good, just like the prototypes. Articulation is good, with my only minor annoyance being the right shoulder that tends to want to show the joint. There's a "cover" piece that pulls down over the shoulder joint, but mine doesn't seem to want to stay in place.

Hands and head swap easily. There's three faces....one neutral, one angry, and one that I guess it's supposed to be smiling but it honestly looks so close to the neutral I can barely tell the difference. One hat has the mask attached and can be placed over any of the faces. Face print tech seems pretty good. It's not Hot Toys, but there's no mistake that this is Malcolm McDowell as Alex.

The cane accessory is nice, and there's the knife and empty cane option, but the knife doesn't fit into it. It's display only. Also has the glass of milk.

The codpiece is either glued to the crotch or it's part of the sculpt, which is nice, cause it stays put and doesn't float around. The suspenders can be moved around though.

Took some pics with an ancient cell phone, so they really suck, but I tried.

20180701_125051.jpg

Singin' in the rain.....I got him into this pose unassisted, but I doubt he'd be able to hold it very long.

20180701_125402.jpg

Here's a size comparison with Articulated Icons and SHF Luke:

20180701_125212.jpg

And another size comparison with NECA Batman and SHF Old Man Luke.

20180701_125127.jpg

does anyone know if the medicom version's hat is removable? pics would be appreciated :D

Back