Medicom RAH 1/6 Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This head sculpt is pretty good, not AMAZING, but pretty good for 2017 standards. I've seen much worse recently. Just my opinion.
Damn straight. I own this figure (along with 50+ 'less than 5 years old' 1/6 figures) and it's a good headsculpt. It's not the soft hair sculpt or the lack of sculpted texturing on the skin (but it does have speckling paint detail) that bothers me, it's the oversized head. It throws the figure out of proportion just a little bit - looks slightly odd next to average 1/6 figures. But I can totally live with it! Other things I'm not a fan of besides the large/slightly stylized head (still good though) is the cheap woven plastic padded suit..and the hat has a super strong mothball chemical smell lol. It's odd that apparently you have to slide the cod piece down the legs to get it off..it's a solid sculpt, but made of a rubbery PVC plastic material. But the material chosen for the shirt is outstanding, the tailoring is top notch, the suspenders are the most accurate out of any previously made, the cufflinks are miles better than the other releases and the very subtle painted veins on the hands are done better than Sideshow hands. Not to mention this is the first version that has a removable hat. One of the things that impresses me the most are the boots. I think they might be the best sculpted boots I've ever seen. I love how they even got the stitching detail where the boot meets the sole. Even the bottom of the soles are film accurate. Other than the head being a bit out of proportion, the body really does give off that 'man in a suit' look. The figure is very light and it articulates quite easily; but no loose joints to speak of. It's definitely a bit overpriced compared to other 1/6 figures; but it's a quality release and totally worth it if you love this character and movie like I do.

I'm not much of a 1/6 collector (yeah yeah, I know this is the wrong forum) but I am super excited for the 1/12 version of Alex that MAFEX is releasing next year.

Alex.jpg

He's been mentioned in the MAFEX thread, but that's mostly anime so I figured I'd discuss him here in this thread too.

I was kinda skimming through the movie the other day. Still an absolute masterpiece and nearly every single scene is just iconic...burned into our collective consciousness.

One thing I feel is a missed opportunity though....where's the "important work of art" that he bashes the old cat lady with? I believe the official title of the piece was "Rocking Machine."

Now I may sound like a weirdo, but I'd really like a scale version to go along with the figure. Was there a 1/6th version, either officially or unofficially? If so, hope someone scales it down.

please have a photo of the stand realease with the figure 1/6 ?
Hey,
I'll get you a pic of the stand. I'm doing a double shift, so give me about a day and I'll post it for you. It's an all clear stand with a good sized rectangular base. Pretty shi tty for a 1/6 figure stand..mine's still in the box. Looks more like something you'd see with a 6" figure.

Hey,
I'll get you a pic of the stand. I'm doing a double shift, so give me about a day and I'll post it for you. It's an all clear stand with a good sized rectangular base. Pretty shi tty for a 1/6 figure stand..mine's still in the box. Looks more like something you'd see with a 6" figure.

I collect fashion dolls too, so I often use those clear Medicom stands for my dollies because they go well with narrow waists, lol.

Hey,

Thank you
I ordered the figurine on ebay, because this is the first time I see a real resemblance to Malcom Mcdowell.
Can the head also be added to another body?
and is it possible to remove all the clothes to change the body?
What I do not like is the neck joint very visible in the photos ...

s-l1600.jpg

I also ordered this stand to go with it.

Thank you
I ordered the figurine on ebay, because this is the first time I see a real resemblance to Malcom Mcdowell.
Can the head also be added to another body?
and is it possible to remove all the clothes to change the body?
What I do not like is the neck joint very visible in the photos ...

View attachment 382531

I also ordered this stand to go with it.
I'm so very sorry it took so long to get back to you. My phone hasn't been allowing me to upload pics on here. You'd want to remove the head/neck together. The neck seems to be on a ball joint like most figures. Although the body is excellent, I wish they went with a seamless look (head & neck one piece). So yeah, I agree with you on that. But in hand, it doesn't bother my super OCD a s s one bit lol. The outfit wouldn't be hard to remove. Just take a hairdryer to the cod piece to soften it a bit and it'll easily slide down the legs. I adjusted the pants on mine and the boots come off easily as well. There's an odd padded mesh suit over the torso of the figure. Not the norm for sure. The thighs have padding as well, but from what I remember they aren't of some weird mesh material. Although like I mentioned, the neck/chest area isn't bothersome in real life. The only (but big) down side is Alex's nearly 1/5 scale sized huge noggin! Even with the large head and overly exaggerated eyes/nose....it's still the best Alex out there and I'm glad I got the little bugger.IMG_9245.jpgIMG_9243.jpgAnd yeah..that's how this site unfortunately uploads pics sometimes. lol - so just wanted to let you know they are actually indeed right side up.

I'm so very sorry it took so long to get back to you. My phone hasn't been allowing me to upload pics on here. You'd want to remove the head/neck together. The neck seems to be on a ball joint like most figures. Although the body is excellent, I wish they went with a seamless look (head & neck one piece). So yeah, I agree with you on that. But in hand, it doesn't bother my super OCD a s s one bit lol. The outfit wouldn't be hard to remove. Just take a hairdryer to the cod piece to soften it a bit and it'll easily slide down the legs. I adjusted the pants on mine and the boots come off easily as well. There's an odd padded mesh suit over the torso of the figure. Not the norm for sure. The thighs have padding as well, but from what I remember they aren't of some weird mesh material. Although like I mentioned, the neck/chest area isn't bothersome in real life. The only (but big) down side is Alex's nearly 1/5 scale sized huge noggin! Even with the large head and overly exaggerated eyes/nose....it's still the best Alex out there and I'm glad I got the little bugger.View attachment 382804View attachment 382805And yeah..that's how this site unfortunately uploads pics sometimes. lol - so just wanted to let you know they are actually indeed right side up.

Thank you very much Chalor for the photos, indeed I did well to buy a new stand, in any case I can not wait to receive my figurine, prefers a million times to have a figurine not perfect of a cult film like clockwork orange rather than a perfectly realized Marvel superhero! I only collect the 70/80/90's figurines from the big time!
I will make myself a mini diorama with the wall of the Korova Milk bar with the different Moloko cocktail written as in the movie :)
I will make photos once all done.

Thank you very much Chalor for the photos, indeed I did well to buy a new stand, in any case I can not wait to receive my figurine, prefers a million times to have a figurine not perfect of a cult film like clockwork orange rather than a perfectly realized Marvel superhero! I only collect the 70/80/90's figurines from the big time!
I will make myself a mini diorama with the wall of the Korova Milk bar with the different Moloko cocktail written as in the movie :)
I will make photos once all done.
Your words resonate my friend. I have zero interest in all these Marvel figures coming out 10 times a year. So to each there own, but I could care less about the 68th Iron Man figure coming out. Yeah, I'm the same - I collect iconic, nostalgic characters like Robocop, Michael Myers, Dirty Harry, Rocketeer, Beetlejuice, Blondie..that sort. I look forward to seeing your Korova milk bar diorama. I remember seeing Rainman's custom 1/6 Lucy and was blown away.

That's awesome! lol - I purchased a second one for the very same reason; to display the two different looks. But now need to part ways with it. It's still sealed in the box/no damage to the packaging. If anyone's interested in one (I'm in the US), PM me. I'll ship at cost, wherever you may be.

wouah, it's mini Malcom McDowell, i love it, i will built later diorama "the wall of the Korova Milkbar"
IMG_4125.jpg

Great work Adlantis! I've gotta say I'm loving this figure. I think Medicom have done an amazing job on the tailoring. If we could get one of the well known sculptors on the thread to offer an alternative Alex sculpt this would only add to sn already fantastic piece@

Back