Medicom quality question ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All three of my Medicom figures, ROTJ Vader, Rocketeer ver 2, and red and blue comic Spider-Man are in perfect condition, with tight joints.

Are all Medicom RAH figures poor quality?

I'm pretty new to collecting and ordered a Jack Bauer Medicom RAH (suit version). I went to pose the legs and they both broke immediately since they only bend at the knee apparently... Are all Medicom figures this bad??? I have a handful on my list to get and don't want to if they're like this. Some just look better than the Sideshow counterparts in the pictures, I don't know what else to do. Is there a body I can buy that the clothes would still fit one? Please advise me. Thanks.

EDIT: in their defense, I received Jango Fett today and love it so far, great articulation and quality, besides one hose that is too short running up his arm. Otherwise it's amazing.

Last edited:
Is there a nude body you can buy that is more reliable and the clothing would still fit?

I bought a Jack bauer and both legs broke immediately when i tried to move them, and no I didn't do it too hard.

On their behalf tho, I just got Jango Fett, and am really happy with him thus far. Nice detail, good flexibility.

I really have had no real breakage problems with either Medicom or HT. Major complaint with Medicom is thier size. I have them displayed next to HT and they are so much shorter. DCD are all to tall. I just wish they would all decide what 1/6 scale is. Sideshow and HT seem to be in sync. The new Medicom Alien RAH is said to be 1/6 but is just 12" tall. That same 1/6 item by HT is 16" tall. Pose a Medicom Alien with HT Dallas and Kane and it would look silly.

Re: Are all Medicom RAH figures poor quality?

You can't switch bodies because the Medicom clothes won't fit. Medicom bodies are shorter than the rest of the industry. I just bought a HT True Type 38 body for my HT Bruce Wayne head and put a Sideshowe Bond tux on him and it fit perfecly. You can't do that with Medicom clothes on any body but a Medicom. I never use Medicom if I'm doing any custom work.

PS. Check out the new Enterbay 1/6 Jack Bauer and Pres. Palmer. Puts Medicom's to shame

Most of my Medis are in A1 top condition but when a
Medi goes bad, it's usually catastrophic!
But I admit their fagility has me worried. I still love the aesthetic that Medicom goes for, it revels in the fact that IT IS A TOY!
I love toys, in case you hadn't guessed, but I want toys that will not fall apart!
So for the time being if I want top quality figures that wont fall to pieces if I look at'em funny then it's HT that get my money.

Everybody else is an also ran!

Re: Are all Medicom RAH figures poor quality?

I only have one Medicom figure (the Hostel one), it's alright, I just wanted a Medicom figure for my collection. Anyways, their products look good, but not good enough for the price and not as good as Hot Toys or Sideshow, but it always depends on the character. The Medicom bodies hold nice poses though.

i tend to stay away from medicom figures but i couldnt resist Raiden, im having a hard time posing him but he looks good as a statue.

I saw the Enterbay Jack and am waiting on the edge of my seat for it I assure you. I am using that medicom jack for a custom James Bond, but with the legs off it, I guess my only option is to glue them back on? Darn, limits my poses for sure...lol

I have a medicom darth maul on the way. It will be my first medicom, I hope I don't have any breakage issues with it like some people here are having:monkey3

I have several Medicom figures and have never had a problem with breakage or loose joints. I've got Rei, Asuka, Spawn, Spiderman 3 Black Spidey, Edward and Alphonse Elric, Jack Bauer in Suit, Rocketeer v2, Bruce Lee, Shadow Storm Trooper, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, 18" Jack Skellington and Misa Amane. The only one I ever had an issue with was Misa. When I received her, her arm was separated from the upper arm socket, but I pushed it back into place and it had held and stayed ever since. I'd say I've had a great record percentage-wise with the company and especially love their Anime figures. Each of the Anime figure has a unique body and sculpt. If I ever did have an issue with one of the figures, I'd send it back asap and get a replacement. In fact, I like Hot Toys much better than Medicom and the manufacturing has been solid, but I've actually had to return a couple of their pieces for replacement because of breakage.

darn it my friends i have had my first experience with a quality issue with medicom. so far i have bought about 6 medicom figures that were fine, but apparently 7 isnt a lucky number. my venom figure's upper arm joint was loose as soon as i opened the figure. now i will skeptical when a buy from medicom. i have never had a HT problem even with me posing them in a far more extreme way. funny though, ever since hearing ppl talk about medicom problems i have been accepting this inevitable event. HT for LIFE!

When I look in most Hot Toys figure threads, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of people having issues and breakages with there figures.

Its not like the cheap plastic Hot Toys uses is much better than medicom.

Both could lift their game.

I just bought a Symbiote Spidey from ebay and his right shoulder broke right out of the package! Usually I'd just curse and buy a new body but there's two problems with this guy:

1. The comic spidey has some extreme dimensions. I don't know that they sell this one nude.

2. The costume is completely sewn around him. So he can't be undressed.

The costume is tight enough that the arm stays in place and I can even pose it as long as I reattach the shoulder piece every time. It's still a thing of beauty and if anyone has suggestions on how to change the body I'd love to hear them.

Back