Medicom quality question ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-Mcfreak

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Is it me, or do all Medicom figures come with at least one loose joint? Every Medicom figure I have ever purchased has a bum shoulder,knee,hip or elbow. All the joints are never tight. I recently purchased a Jango and dammit his right shoulder is floppy:monkey2. I can't position him in his double blaster shooting poses. This quality issue is why it took me so long to buy him. I don't usually have this problem with Hot Toys.

Is this a standard problem with Medicom? Michael Crawford swears Medicom articulation is the best in the 1/6th market, but I personally think Hot Toys is the most consistant.

Last edited:
That was my last Medicom figure! Even if they were to release Road Warrior, my most wanted figure ever, I would not buy it.

Never had a problem with loose joints on medi figs.(just a broken spider-man leg)
And yes medicom does have the best articulation, just seems like their massive RAH body is prone to breakage.

Even HT has the occasional loose joint seems like you just got a bum figure.

Never had a problem with loose joints on medi figs.(just a broken spider-man leg)
And yes medicom does have the best articulation, just seems like their massive RAH body is prone to breakage.

Even HT has the occasional loose joint seems like you just got a bum figure.

A bum X-Men 3 Wolverine,Bum Jango,Bum Boba,Bum Battle of the Planets Mark,Bum Ultraman ? These toys blow!

My opinion is that the shoulders and the leg pegs on the hips are very fragile on medicoms figures,easily break if you bend them a little too much.

My Metal Gear Solid figure once broke on the shoulders when i tok the arm up in 90 degrees.

My opinion is that the shoulders and the leg pegs on the hips are very fragile on medicoms figures,easily break if you bend them a little too much.

My Metal Gear Solid figure once broke on the shoulders when i tok the arm up in 90 degrees.

my croc snake: 2 shoulders,codec, bandana (thanks to p!tu for helping me fix it) and his left hand peg or swivel whatever that piece of ^^^^ is called broke, so my snake is all glued up and im waiting for his legs to break :D oh yea my old snake's m4 broke only the front grip and his vest is coming off into pieces and his right thumb is coming off too i wonder what kind of glue they use?, im just waiting for my medicum spawn to break, im surprised he lasted a year :horror

Some people have really good experiences with Medicom, others really bad.

I think that they are too expensive for what you get. The quality isn't as wonderful as some people would lead you to believe.

never had shoulder or breakage problems, but I have noticed that on all of mine, the wrist pegs are extremely loose and tend to fall out on their own quite a bit.

and the funny thing is im going to buy another medicum figure, MGS4 Raiden and yes hes my last medicum figure unless medi makes another MGS4 figure :horror i already know his visors are going to break and lets see what else :D

That's what I thought. Medicom is the Eastern version of McFarlane Toys! Look at 'em the wrong way and they fall apart.

Hot Toys: No breakage
Scar Pred
Robocop
Kyle Reese
Elder Pred 2
Pred 2
Alien AVP Warrior
Aliens Hudson
Jack Sparrow
Batman Begins
Superman Returns VER 2

Only problems:
AVPR Wolf Loose right knee joint
Conclusion= Medicom sucks

I have a lot of Medicom figures and haven't really had any looseness. I have had breakage though. However the Medi's are put together with screws - you might be able to tighten the joints with the screws.

i have a lot of medicom figures. never had any break or any loose joints.

Medicom bodies are pretty fragile. I love the articulation and look of the bodies but I'm always fearful of sneezing on them the wrong way (especially the ones with outfits sewn shut like the superheroes). Tends to defeat the purpose of being super poseable. It seems like the bodies made with red plastic are especially prone to breakage (happened to my Ultraman's hip and Spiderman's wrist peg). I'm not sure, but it seems like the more recent releases seem to be made with a better grade of plastic (feels more solid anyways, and haven't had any more "accidents" lately).

I'm not sure, but it seems like the more recent releases seem to be made with a better grade of plastic (feels more solid anyways, and haven't had any more "accidents" lately).

This is true! (a lot of emails were fired off to medicom from folks that were getting upset)

My last few medi's Peter parker included, the bodies seems more study/harder and very tight.( in a good way)

Is it me, or do all Medicom figures come with at least one loose joint? Every Medicom figure I have ever purchased has a bum shoulder,knee,hip or elbow. All the joints are never tight. I recently purchased a Jango and dammit his right shoulder is floppy:monkey2. I can't position him in his double blaster shooting poses. This quality issue is why it took me so long to buy him. I don't usually have this problem with Hot Toys.

Is this a standard problem with Medicom? Michael Crawford swears Medicom articulation is the best in the 1/6th market, but I personally think Hot Toys is the most consistant.

My Medicom Boba Fett broke....standing in the display case! Apparently the hip joint is very fragile.....I was able to repair it using a pin vise, and steel wire. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures, otherwise I'd post a repair tutorial on Mediworld.

I did notice the Medicom body has small round plugs all over the body. If you lift off the plug, you'll see a screwhead. So depending on the location of these plugs/screwheads you can tighten some of the joints. Just do so carefully, you never know when the brittle plastic can snap if you over-tighten the screw.

BOBBY

Back