Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pictures of Hologram Darth Vader. Who asked for this?
791898fc64288cf22b291d882d857a7b.jpg
8f5f9921896ec79150e1e470c86fdd71.jpg
c5498160f17eaad6d4ce1a6830907669.jpg
52366578eb6f878cddc4fa66803d43cb.jpg
8abfbd16efc3de339dbd119ef3584fea.jpg
7d7cb947095555cfada413e625ffc07f.jpg
13824d42dc7132774b9322c197f7e32b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, shouldn't it be Anakin?
I asked for HT ghost Obi-wan assuming there was only going to be one run. Second one is due soon btw, they are asking me to pay.

So Rey is 160mm which means she towers over figuarts Luke. Going to be hard line mixing.

Looks like new vader has a better HS doesn't it?

If that's the case I'm definitely buying it.

If you're referring to the helmet and mask, it had to be different as it was an entirely new design for ROTS. The mask was made fully symmetrical. If it's possible, what I can see some doing is swapping the original Vader mask and helmet onto the new body for an ultimate Vader.

Hey, shouldn't it be Anakin?
I asked for HT ghost Obi-wan assuming there was only going to be one run. Second one is due soon btw, they are asking me to pay.

No, it's a hologram, not a ghost. You can tell that the hologram one is the original when you look at the shoulder armour and helmet.

Damn. If Figuarts doesn't give us some TFA heroes soon, I may have to switch my TFA figures to Mafex. Their Kylo and Phasma look awesome.

I mostly go with Mafex now, especially if theres clothing involves. They tend to give several accesories and seems to give more details too with similar price range as the SHF. Unfortunately, they dont seem to do many characters. Those void characters will be filled by SHF and Blackseries.

If Mafex can improve their paint apps on faces then they could really be great. If I get a Kylo it would be the Mafex, but, if I were to get a Rey it would be a Figuarts.

If Mafex can improve their paint apps on faces then they could really be great. If I get a Kylo it would be the Mafex, but, if I were to get a Rey it would be a Figuarts.

Im guessing they're heading in that direction. Kylo's face paint is almost spot on. I doubt they would do a Finn or a Poe, they havent even do Luke. Whatever the SHF probably has done, thet might not chip in unless its a sure to collect figure or still have enough hype to generate sales.

You'd like to hope so, but, you have to bear in mind that it's only a prototype we've seen. It's like seeing JC Hong's masters for HT and then comparing them to production paint. When you look at the two old man Anakin heads we've got in 1/12, the difference between the Figuarts and the Mafex is night and day with the Mafex being only slightly better than Hasbro in terms of paint apps.

Kind of surprised there don't seem to be any reviews of the Mafex C3PO and R2D2 set yet. Considering picking them up in lieu of the Figuarts if Medicom have sufficiently upped their game to justify the pricing.

There's nothing on YouTube yet. I think they seem pricier because it's a double pack. If they were sold individually I might have considered them. A Figuarts double pack is likely to be more than these are.

You'd like to hope so, but, you have to bear in mind that it's only a prototype we've seen. It's like seeing JC Hong's masters for HT and then comparing them to production paint. When you look at the two old man Anakin heads we've got in 1/12, the difference between the Figuarts and the Mafex is night and day with the Mafex being only slightly better than Hasbro in terms of paint apps.

Most definitely. Fingers crossed the final product live up to the hype.

Back