medicom lost jack shepherd figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I googled it after I read your post and realized it was Ghost In The Shell, duh! I know the original movie but never followed the series. Unfortunately, a lot of the themes have been imitated to death so it's a little blah to me now.

Everybody likes L better than Near :) There is definitely a lull in the middle/second half but DN does finish strong. The L mask at the end gave me the creeps.

There may be no Medi yet, but Revoltech made this little gem -

yots1.jpg

hey yonose, revoltech is making a version 2 of the yotsuba figure! :D

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-54831-1-1.html

I'll admit to stiring the pot at times, and also getting annoyed when others feel the need to crap on a figure or company. Maybe we'll get to a point, on this forum at least, where it isn't necessary to own one another :lol

I'll admit the same. I've teased the medicom folks for fun. I do get annoyed like you said when some want to crap on what I like. I don't diss medicom figures cause I buy them and like them. I hope we get to that point because as I just said I like both.

I'll admit the same. I've teased the medicom folks for fun. I do get annoyed like you said when some want to crap on what I like. I don't diss medicom figures cause I buy them and like them. I hope we get to that point because as I just said I like both.

gotta say that's a big attitude change. :D when I first sign up on this board in late 06, I still recall the super fan posts on medi vs SSC debate. funny to see how you slowly changed your opinion thru out the entire 07.

gotta say that's a big attitude change. :D when I first sign up on this board in late 06, I still recall the super fan posts on medi vs SSC debate. funny to see how you slowly changed your opinion thru out the entire 07.

My posts where not against the product but against the other "superfans" if thats the label we're using. Now, I do think SS stuff is better but I do like Medicom otherwise I wouldn't buy them.

His opinion hasn't changed. Everyone is on his ignore list so there is no one to argue with :lol

is there a ignore list setting on this forum so you wont see the post from
the member on the ignore list? :confused:

Did you say something? You are on my ignore list :monkey3

I don't use it, but i think it shows they posted and there is a link you can click to view what the person posted.

No way! I'm glad I didn't spring for the first version.

Anyway, I'm too new here to understand the complexities of the apparent rift between SS fans and Medi fans, but "Ignore" lists are for pussies. :D

You need to have both ver 1 and 2 to get a perfect Yotsuba. All the faces and most of the accessories of the first Yotsuba are not included in the Deluxe ver.

You need to have both ver 1 and 2 to get a perfect Yotsuba. All the faces and most of the accessories of the first Yotsuba are not included in the Deluxe ver.

But everything on the display board IS included with the deluxe, right?

DSC_5028.jpg

I don't need a "perfect" Yotsuba, but the newer one appears to have the accessories I want. However, I'll probably end up getting both anyway, so all the better.

But everything on the display board IS included with the deluxe, right?

DSC_5028.jpg

I don't need a "perfect" Yotsuba, but the newer one appears to have the accessories I want. However, I'll probably end up getting both anyway, so all the better.

Yeah. It has all that is pictured. I was able to land a sample So maybe I'll do a parts comparison when I get back to the states

This is such a weird forum. All threads of the big name figures turn into this same argument.

I love Medicom figures. Love HT figures, love Takara figures, and SS figures are growing on me a bit. My reasoning is I prefer a figure that sits and stands well with good proportion and weight distribution. This mainly boils down to a good body with good tailoring. Something SS (1/6) has had a hard time with up until lately. In my opinion the other thing necessary for a good figure is style. This is what put Medicom, and often Takara, in its own class. SS and HT strive for realism, but at this scale its impossible. Thus bringing the figure close to the uncanny valley. When a figure is stylized, it is given far more character from its sculptor. Same reason pixar movies look more pleasing to the eye than something like polar express. I do alright for myself and have no issues paying 150 or 70 for a figure, so value is assessed based upon how desirable a figure is. These things combined create my draw towards Medicom over others. I am not bashing SS in any way. Its a preference.

Im rambling, but my point is, people have different preferences and it is generally impossible to change other peoples preferences to match your own.

Its unfortunate that so many people here cannot understand this. Such a waste to see pages and pages of bickering.It would be a much better forum if you can stay a bit more positive, but I guess in the end there is nothing else to talk about. Mediworld is great and full of chilled out discussion, but it can get a bit dull after a while kind of like a brady bunch episode. Here is pretty much Jerry Springer and there is no changing that. Its like train wreck after train wreck and you cant help but stare.

Ok yea I think I just pretty much convinced myself this board is the way it is and will not change.

so carry on. :monkey1

This figures alright. I just want a 1/6 Hurley. An obese 1/6 would be a sight to see.:lol

I guess the very fact we frequent places like this means we take our collecting 'obsession' pretty seriously.
I'd rather people were passionate than non-committal, but when it turns to mudslinging I just back out, I do this for 'FUN', I'm not here to argue...debate occasionally yes, that's good, and many people have pointed out things I might not have seen but for their perspective. But when people bring other issues with them and can't control their anger, what's the point.

Getting back off-topic, Minivader - have you picked up the DN novel "Another Note?" Your girl Naomi is a main character. Haven't read it yet but I scanned the jacket and it's apparently about the case she and L worked together on pre-Kira.

Back