Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my Shotaro Kaneda figure...

IMG_8263.JPG
IMG_8261.JPG
IMG_8262.JPG

Excellent! Now you are complete! (Man, look at that toy room in the background....that's a big collection!)

Also....everyone check this out:

sayonara japan.jpg

Some insanely talented customizer scratch built this. If you've never seen the cover of "Sayonara Nippon" here it is for comparison:

Sayonara-Nippon_000a.jpg

Excellent! Now you are complete! (Man, look at that toy room in the background....that's a big collection!)

Also....everyone check this out:

View attachment 341689

Some insanely talented customizer scratch built this. If you've never seen the cover of "Sayonara Nippon" here it is for comparison:

View attachment 341690

Woah!! That is awesome!! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still want a pair of custom goggles to hang around the neck of mine.

I was looking for WWII era motorcycle goggles cause those seem closest, but haven't found anything quite right.

You could try the goggles that came with the HT ANH Luke. Nobody displays him with the hat and goggles anyway.

I just bought these for $10 on ebay, including shipping to the US. Obviously expensive for such a tiny piece, but considering it's part of a Hot Toys Luke it's not bad really!

If you are looking for these too, I believe the same seller still has two more listed for the same price!

Just saw this on twitter....a nice custom someone did of the old McFarlane figure to make it look a lot more accurate.

The face I'm not sure on, but the mods to the body and paint look great.

custom mcf.jpg

I've always wanted to repaint my McFarlane's Akira face, seems like an easy fix but I've never dared.

I have a second MOC but I'd still feel better if I cast the head first and then attempt a paint job.

Long overdue for Figma or Figuarts to make some new Akira figures.

Attended the Tribute to Otomo in Tokyo on Friday night. I got to see him in person again, but once again, no autograph. Oh well.

Here's my posters from the exhibit:

IMG_0225.jpg

Anybody know what the going rate for the Medicom Kaneda bike and Kaneda figure is?

So I finally got the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker goggles to give Kaneda after all these months!

They actually fit on his face, which surprised me, but there's already a head with goggles molded on so I didn't need that. Nope. These are for strictly hanging around his neck.

I tried to replicate the pose of the poster the best I could, but the expression on the figure is pretty different and the colors are also a bit off, but it's still kinda cool. I had a hard time balancing him and then I remembered: the figure actually came with a stand that I had left in the box years ago! So now it's complete.
$10 well spent, in my opinion.

goggles.jpg

So I finally got the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker goggles to give Kaneda after all these months!

They actually fit on his face, which surprised me, but there's already a head with goggles molded on so I didn't need that. Nope. These are for strictly hanging around his neck.

I tried to replicate the pose of the poster the best I could, but the expression on the figure is pretty different and the colors are also a bit off, but it's still kinda cool. I had a hard time balancing him and then I remembered: the figure actually came with a stand that I had left in the box years ago! So now it's complete.
$10 well spent, in my opinion.

View attachment 361973

paint it brown.

Nah.

I think it looks fine the way it is. The lighting in different scenes make it look different anyway.

I don't like the idea of brown paint getting all over my toys.

When's Akira's next big anniversary milestone? Patlabor's got the Robot Damashii subline going, Hi-Metal R's covering my Macross needs, just need some new, high-quality Akira merchandise...

When's Akira's next big anniversary milestone? Patlabor's got the Robot Damashii subline going, Hi-Metal R's covering my Macross needs, just need some new, high-quality Akira merchandise...

thing about Akira & Ghost Shell is they don't have much product release potential. it'd be the same Kaneda, Tetsuo, Bike, just like Motoko, Motoko, Motoko and maybe some Tachikomas & variants. it's Japanese stuff so we don't expect them to get Hollywood treatment like Marvel & Star Wars where every minor character in the show is a potential release.

Patlabor has like 20+ labors they can release if they want, and TV/Movie/OVAs variants.

thing about Akira & Ghost Shell is they don't have much product release potential. it'd be the same Kaneda, Tetsuo, Bike, just like Motoko, Motoko, Motoko and maybe some Tachikomas & variants. it's Japanese stuff so we don't expect them to get Hollywood treatment like Marvel & Star Wars where every minor character in the show is a potential release.

Patlabor has like 20+ labors they can release if they want, and TV/Movie/OVAs variants.

Akira also has the Colonel, the Triplets, Clown, Yamagata, Kaisuke, Clown, Kaisuke and Yamagata's bikes, the flying platform, and more besides. Way more if you go with the manga instead of the anime. These things are all to a greater or lesser degree iconic with the older generations in Japan who grew up with Akira.

GiTS has Batou, Togusa, Aramaki, Saito, and plenty more both human and mechanical characters depending on whether you go with one of the movies, SAC, Arise or the various manga volumes.

Bandai's Patlabor RD line doesn't seem like it's going to make it past seven releases due to lack of sales. CM's, Yamato, etc never released full lines either.

Back