Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get ready to take pics for a replacement box.

Nooooooo! I Hope not LOL I'll see when it arrives tomorrow

On another note, I just finished doing Gorillaz themed Japan posters. :)

eddie-holly-gor-japan.jpg

I wasn't planning on picking this set up (I have the old Dark Horse translations and the Japanese Total Colour Editions), but Amazon Global were offering it shipped to the UK for £5 at that price. Too good to resist.

Yes! I opened up mine to take a look and with everything it comes with, it's a Damn good price for any Akira Fan. So Good

Yes! I opened up mine to take a look and with everything it comes with, it's a Damn good price for any Akira Fan. So Good

Just took a look at a review of the contents, didn't realise they were hardbacks - and I didn't realise it came with a hardback reprint of Akira Club either! :duh

Very happy they flipped the art back to its original orientation and kept the Japanese onomatopoeia too. Feel like I've just committed daylight robbery :family

Those Gorillaz pictures are awesome.

Also, the AKIRA boxed set is totally worth it, even if you already have the Dark Horse set or even the original Marvel comics. It's just too awesome to have it in hardcover and the box is really nice looking as well.

Also, AKIRA Club is fantastic if you don't have that yet. It's exactly the same as the Dark Horse version, which apparently got expensive cause it was out of print for a while. However, there are some differences from the original Japanese version:

The page with the helicopter flying by the World Trade center was removed for obvious reasons...also the page with the swimsuit girls posing with Akira pics. I presume it was removed cause Americans are generally more prudish and the girls might look underage to a Western audience. Overall, this is a wonderful beautiful set and if I can replace my ripped outer box, I'll be very happy with it. After all, the box is one of the main draws of the set.

There is also a double page spread missing about the Marvel adaptation, most likely cause this was published by their competitor Dark Horse. And some other images seem to be missing cause they were the opposite page of the "offensive" pages, so they might have been removed to not throw off the page layout.

Here are all the "missing" pages from AKIRA Club:

218_akira.jpg
219_akira.jpg
224_akira.jpg
225_akira.jpg
230-231_akira.jpg

With kaneda's bike showing up what seems prominently in Ready Player One movie, I wonder if maybe someone will take another stab at the bike in 1/6 form?

I hope Prime 1 doesn't make anything. I could never afford it in a million years. And it would kill me knowing it's out there and I don't have it.

Nope, my dream line is still that Figma/MAFEX/SHF style smaller articulated figures.

Hard to believe we're approaching a decade since the BM stuff was unveiled.

Back